Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Creamy Macaroni and Cheese, 02-14-00  Recipe du Jour
 Feb 14, 2000 02:48 PST

=======================================
Volume 3      Number 38
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

MEET THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE
                 AT RELATIONSHIPS.COM !
Your FREE relationships.com membership lets you
meet hundreds of people in your neighborhood and
around the country on the Internet's best dating service.
We're the best because our exclusive SureMatch
technology brings people together who are right for
each other! Relationships.com is safe, secure, fun,
and 100% Free. No fees. No charges. No catches.
So if you're ready to meet people you really click with,
         Try us right now!   Happy Dating!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/sn.htm OR

=======================================

CREAMY MACARONI AND CHEESE

2 qts water
1 tsp salt
1 (8 oz) pkg elbow macaroni
4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (8 oz) carton sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tbs chopped onion
1 cup cheese crackers, crushed

Bring water and salt to a boil in large Dutch oven; stir in macaroni. Return
to a rapid boil, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until tender; drain. Rinse with
cold water; drain. Combine macaroni and next 4 ingredients. Spoon into a
lightly greased 11- x 7- x 1-1/2-inch baking dish; sprinkle with crushed
crackers. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 30 to 35 minutes. Yield: 6 to 8
servings.

=======================================

Join the thousands who have discovered TIP DU JOUR
Household tips, computer tips, gardening tips, and more!
Delivered to you via email, FREE, five days a week
Simply send a blank email addressed to
tipdujour--@listbot.com

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   The passing of any man is cause for sadness; but when someone
like Charles Schulz dies, it’s as if a whole world is gone rather than just
one person. I take all this dying stuff personally. I don’t want my heroes
to die; I want them close at hand so that I might draw from them inspiration
and pleasure. I’m selfish. But I can’t help hoping that there is another
someone like Charles Schulz out there somewhere, waiting to be discovered;
someone who is just as modest and talented, someone who will entertain and
teach us. Until then, we can only say: Thank-you, Mr. Schulz. . .and
good-bye. We’ll miss you tremendously.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

HELP SAVE A NEEDY CHILD'S LIFE...

that without your help may not survive. Your
support can provide vaccinations, basic medical
care, education and clothing. To receive a free
information package, or to make a donation or
to sponsor a child, please click here. Your
help really does make a difference in the lives
of children who have so little.
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/stc.htm

=======================================

Do you remember? When the little bird Woodstock and his friends first
appeared.

=======================================

Simply Tim: WARFARE

Last night I dreamed I was awake, making a pot of coffee in my kitchen. I
NEVER make coffee in the middle of the night. When it finished brewing, I
sat down at the dining table and lit up a CIGARETTE! Geeze, that cigarette
tasted good! Within a few minutes the cigarette butt stared up at me from a
blue ash tray. I don’t have a blue ashtray. I felt so GUILTY for having had
a cigarette I HATED myself. Furious, I stormed around the kitchen breaking
small glass statues. I don’t have small glass statues. Then I went back to
bed, where I suddenly woke up. Just to be sure, I stumbled into the kitchen
where all was as it should be.

What a weird dream!

So far I haven’t puffed a cigarette in over 23 days. I guess my mind is
thinking up new ways to lure me into a slide. But give me a break—
psychological warfare when I’m not even awake?

Reply to tl-@clark.net Please use story’s title in the subject area.

=======================================

FETCH THE BEST DEALS ON THE NET WITH
YOUR FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER "BARGAIN DOG"
The free customized newsletter reporting the
best deals, clearances and sales from leading
               online merchants.
http://www.1freeplace.com/rdj/bdog.htm

=======================================

Do you remember?

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Elton John

When are you gonna come down
When are you going to land
I should have stayed on the farm
I should have listened to my old man

You know you can't hold me forever
I didn't sign up with you
I'm not a present for your friends to open
This boy's too young to be singing the blues

So goodbye yellow brick road
Where the dogs of society howl
You can't plant me in your penthouse
I'm going back to my plough

Back to the howling old owl in the woods
Huting the horny back toad
Oh I've finally decided my future lies
Beyond the yellow brick road

What do you think you'll do then
I bet that'll shoot down your plane
It'll take you a couple of vodka and tonics
To set you on your feet again

Maybe you'll get a replacement
There's plenty like me to be found
Mongrels who ain't got a penny
Sniffing for tidbits like you on the ground

=======================================

Many of you visit the Hunger Site on a daily basis and, with the simple
click of a mouse, donate food for the hungry, which is paid for by the
Hunger Site’s sponsors. This is a great way to do good and feel good at the
same time while it only costs you the time it takes to click your mouse.
Want to do even more? Well, our friend, Ray Whiting, has a page at his Two
Scoops site where you can click on the Hunger Site to donate food AND do the
same thing for the Red Cross, cancer research, and four other groups. We
urge you to visit this site daily to make your free donation. As we said, it
doesn’t cost you anything but a few moments of time to do a lot of good.

So please visit: http://www.twoscoops.com/giving.html

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.