Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Bean-Stuffed Tomatoes, 02-15-00  Recipe du Jour
 Feb 15, 2000 03:10 PST

=======================================
Volume 3      Number 39
=======================================
RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

http://ndet.collector-club.com/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=LadyHawke

         DISCOVER WHAT THE FBI KNOWS ABOUT YOU!

Net Detective 2000 is an amazing new tool that allows you
to find out EVERYTHING you ever wanted to know about
your friends, family, neighbors, employees, EVEN YOUR BOSS!
You can even check out YOURSELF. It is all completely legal,
and you can do it in the privacy of your own home without
anyone ever knowing. It's even better than hiring a private
investigator. IT'S AWESOME!!!
http://ndet.collector-club.com/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=LadyHawke

=======================================

BEAN-STUFFED TOMATOES

2 (9 oz) pkgs frozen French-style green beans
1 (4 oz) can sliced mushrooms, drained
1/3 cup Italian reduced-calorie salad dressing
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/8 tsp dried whole basil
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
6 medium tomatoes

Cook green beans according to package directions, omitting salt; drain well.
Combine beans and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill for 3
to 4 hours. Cut off top of each tomato; scoop out pulp, leaving shells
intact (reserve pulp for other uses). Invert tomato shells on paper towels
to drain. To serve, fill tomato shells with bean mixture. Yield: 6
servings.

=======================================

$500 IN FREE GROCERY COUPONS
PLUS A 350,000 INSTANT PRIZES!
Try a $1.00 30-day trial membership in the American
Homeowners Association & get over 35 important benefits...
plus $500 in grocery coupons (you choose the products)
and a chance to win up to $500,000 in the Easy Money
Scratch & Win bonanza. Plus, get a FREE video so you
can see for yourself just how much you can save on
home related costs. Try it today!
http://www.1freeplace.com/rdj/aha.htm OR

=======================================

Simply Tim: KICK THE CAN

Kick the Can was pretty hot back in the mid 50’s. Especially during Summer
evenings. Seems like right after dinner was the best time, right when the
sun was getting ready to set and fireflies began their ardent signaling from
the darkening shadows. Kids from all over the neighborhood congregated in an
empty lot, and someone would bring a discarded stewed tomato can, or we’d
find one by raiding a trash heap. Usually the can was placed strategically
underneath a tree, where the trunk side would provide maximum protection
from a direct rear assault. If my recollection is even part way correct, the
person who was **it** guarded the can from being kicked by any offensive
invader. And if you could touch an attacker before they reached the can,
they became your prisoner until either the can was successfully kicked or
everyone had become a captured prisoner. Invariably, as the evening grew
darker, participants would filter back to their houses one by one, on time
according to their appropriate ages, to avoid punishment. Eventually, the
oldest player was left, and that person would noisily kick the can all the
way home.

Last night I stood on my back porch just after sunset. For no particular
reason I suddenly shouted out: “Allie, Allie Infree!” It felt terrific. The
only can I could find, however, had “Coors Light” printed all over it. As I
crunched it up, from two blocks away an unknown adult neighbor’s voice
shouted back: “Red Rover, Red Rover, send SALLY right over!”

I think I may have discovered a new form of shout therapy…

Reply to tl-@clark.net Please use story’s title in the subject area.

=======================================

Join the thousands who have discovered TIP DU JOUR
Household tips, computer tips, gardening tips, and more!
Delivered to you via email, FREE, five days a week
Simply send a blank email addressed to
tipdujour--@listbot.com

=======================================

Do you remember? Mona McClusky.

=======================================

GET 4 FREE OIL CHANGES ($100 VALUE!)

Simply try AutoVantage Gold for three months
for only $1.00 -- and get 4 FREE oil changes
plus a wide array of special auto services.ay!
http://www.1freeplace.com/rdj/av.htm OR

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   Last week’s West Wing was one of the best episodes of a
television program I have ever seen. They dealt with the death penalty and
handled it with a realism that is rare, forgoing the usual soap opera
elements of the program. I’ve mentioned this show before, and suggested you
watch it, and I’m doing so again. Watch this show. It’s on Wednesday nights
at 9 PM Eastern.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

FETCH THE BEST DEALS ON THE NET WITH
YOUR FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER "BARGAIN DOG"
The free customized newsletter reporting the
best deals, clearances and sales from leading
               online merchants.
http://www.1freeplace.com/rdj/bdog.htm

=======================================

Do you remember?

It Might As Well Be Spring

Words by Oscar Hammerstein II, Music by Richard Rodgers as their only film
score

I'm as restless as a willow in a windstorm
I'm as jumpy as a puppet on a string
I'd say that I had Spring fever
But I know it isn't Spring

I am starry-eyed and vaguely discontented
Like a nightingale without a song to sing
Oh, why should I have Spring fever
When it isn't even Spring?

I keep wishing I were somewhere else
Walking down a strange new street
Hearing words that I have never heard
 From a girl I've yet to meet

I'm as busy as a spider spinning daydreams
I'm as giddy as a baby on a swing
I haven't seen a crocus or a rosebud or a robin on the wing
But I feel so gay in a melancholy way
That it might as well be Spring

It might as well be Spring

=======================================

Many of you visit the Hunger Site on a daily basis and, with the simple
click of a mouse, donate food for the hungry, which is paid for by the
Hunger Site’s sponsors. This is a great way to do good and feel good at the
same time while it only costs you the time it takes to click your mouse.
Want to do even more? Well, our friend, Ray Whiting, has a page at his Two
Scoops site where you can click on the Hunger Site to donate food AND do the
same thing for the Red Cross, cancer research, and four other groups. We
urge you to visit this site daily to make your free donation. As we said, it
doesn’t cost you anything but a few moments of time to do a lot of good.

So please visit: http://www.twoscoops.com/giving.html

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.