Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Nutty Honey Chicken, 02-17-00  Recipe du Jour
 Feb 17, 2000 03:35 PST

=======================================
Volume 3      Number 41
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

   LOSE WEIGHT fast and easy with gentle Pyuvate and Pyruvate
Accelerator. Feel better! Look younger! Your cloths will look great
on you. Pyruvate exists naturally in our bodies and new research indicates
it may be the most beneficial food supplement ever developed. You achieve
better endurance and energy while your body burns unwanted fat. Shed
pounds and keep them off!
Click NOW http://www.HealthierAlternatives.com/pyruvate.html

=======================================

NUTTY HONEY CHICKEN

1/4 cup honey
2 tbs Dijon mustard
1 tbs soy sauce
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or other nuts
1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs, preferably whole wheat
2 lbs skinless chicken parts, cut as desired

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking pan with nonstick
spray. Combine the honey, mustard, and soy sauce in a bowl. Toss the nuts
and breadcrumbs together on a plate. Brush each piece of chicken with the
sauce, then roll it in the crumb mixture. Gently shake off the excess. Place
the pieces on the baking pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes for drumsticks and
thighs, 20 to 25 minutes for large portions of boneless chicken, or 12
minutes for boneless strips. Yield: 4 servings.

(from 1,000 Lowfat Recipes by Terry Blonder Golson)

=======================================

Shhh! -- Don't Tell! It's a Secret!
But if YOU want to be one of the Smart Ones
who get things done the Easy Way and Save
their Money while they're doing it, then visit the
following website.. But Remember..
       It's a Secret! ... So Don't Tell Anyone!!!
http://www.afreeplace.com/busn-rdj.htm

=======================================

Simply Tim: YUK

The ultimate “I’ve quit smoking test” came yesterday evening when I visited
my favorite pub, the Harbor Inn. Sipping a beer at a bar surrounded by other
folks sipping suds and chain smoking cigarettes is quite an experience. Of
course there were those who only wondered where I’ve been, and those amazed
that I had seemingly quit such a nasty habit. Then there were some who sat
next to me and exhaled their smoke in my direction by accident or design.
Later, when I left the bar and returned home, my clothing smelled heavily of
stale smoke. I can’t believe that I’ve smelled like that for years without
even knowing it. I immediately went down to my basement, stripped off my
clothes, and crammed them into a hot washing machine. I think the night out
was a complete success.

Reply to tl-@clark.net Please use story’s title in the subject area.

=======================================

Special, Exceptional Internet Offer!
Are you are involved in a Business?
                 ... Then you NEED to read FAST COMPANY!

In Each Issue learn about:
    Fast Companies whose methods will inspire you
    Tools for working more creatively, productively and profitably.
    New approaches to managing people and ideas

    "Every time your magazine arrives, it gets stolen from
     my desk, It gets returned much later, always worse for
     the wear"        - Tim Stapelton

YOU DON'T have to steal a copy! Get ahead with a FREE issue!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/fastco.htm OR

=======================================

Do you remember? The Felony Squad.

=======================================

            Habitat Letters Available Now!

Habitat For Humanity International is
dedicated to building decent, affordable
housing in partnership with families in need.
We want to share with you the good news of
our work. Subscribe now to Habitat Letters and
receive FREE e-mail newsletters with monthly
updates of Habitat activities around the world.
http://www.1freeplace.com/rdj/hfh.htm OR

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   This past weekend we made the Coconut Cheesecake that was
featured Tuesday in our companion ezine Dessert du Jour. It was delicious.
Sometimes I bring leftovers in to work and share them with my friend Butch,
who runs the weld shop. Butch enjoys cooking too, so I sometimes use him as
a taste tester. “That’s not too bad” from Butch means a particular recipe is
pretty darned good indeed. Well, I brought Butch a large slice of that
cheesecake the other morning. Within five minutes he was in my office
returning the empty, washed Tupperware container. He was grinning. “I was
only going to taste a little bit,” he said. “Did you like it?” I asked. He
grinned and gave me a thumb’s up. “If you had brought in the whole
cheesecake, I would have eaten it all without stopping,” he admitted; this
from a guy who usually says, “Not too bad” when he really likes something.
It made me feel good. I brought him another, larger, slice this morning.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

CIGAR LOVERS - A FREE NEWSLETTER FOR YOU!
Sign up right here for a free e-mail
newsletter which brings you the best deals
on the best cigars from Holt's, a most
respected name in fine cigars.
http://www.1freeplace.com/rdj/holts.htm OR

=======================================

Do you remember? In case you have not heard, Oliver died this week.

GOOD MORNING STARSHINE
Oliver

Good morning starshine
The earth says "Hello"
You twinkle above us
We twinkle below
Good morning starshine
You lead us along
My love and me as we sing
Our early morning singing saong
Gliddy glup gloopy
Nibby nabby noopy la la la lo lo
Sabba Sibby sabba
Nooby abba nabba le le lo lo
Tooby ooby walla nooby abba nabba
Early morning singing song

Good morning starshine
You lead us along
My love and me as we sing
Our early morning singing song
Gliddy glup gloopy
Nibby nabby noopy la la la lo lo
Sabba Sibby sabba
Nooby abba nabba le le lo lo
Tooby ooby walla nooby abba nabba
Early morning singing song
Singing a song, humming a song
Singing a song loving a song
Laughing a song
Sing the son, sing the song
Song the sing
Song, song, song, sing
Sing, sing, sing, song

=======================================

Many of you visit the Hunger Site on a daily basis and, with the simple
click of a mouse, donate food for the hungry, which is paid for by the
Hunger Site’s sponsors. This is a great way to do good and feel good at the
same time while it only costs you the time it takes to click your mouse.
Want to do even more? Well, our friend, Ray Whiting, has a page at his Two
Scoops site where you can click on the Hunger Site to donate food AND do the
same thing for the Red Cross, cancer research, and four other groups. We
urge you to visit this site daily to make your free donation. As we said, it
doesn’t cost you anything but a few moments of time to do a lot of good.

So please visit: http://www.twoscoops.com/giving.html

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.