Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Slow Cooked Sauerbraten, 02-18-00  Recipe du Jour
 Feb 18, 2000 03:36 PST

=======================================
Volume 3      Number 42
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

SLOW COOKED SAUERBRATEN

4 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 1-3/4
lbs)
4 cups shredded red or green cabbage
3 lbs beef chuck, rump, or round roast, trimmed of as much fat as possible
1 (2 oz) pkg sauerbraten beef pot roast recipe mix
1/2 cup water
1 tbs red wine vinegar

Layer potatoes in the bottom of a 4-quart electric slow cooker. Add the
cabbage and top with the roast. Mix together the dry sauerbraten mix and
water until well blended. Pour over the roast. Cover and cook on the low
heat setting 9 to 10 hours, or until the beef is tender. Skim off and
discard any fat from the sauce. Gently stir in the vinegar. Cut the meat
into pieces before serving. Yield: 6 servings.

=======================================

         Are You Sick And Tired Of Your Old Job?
   Take a FREE job aptitude test and get a better job!
JobsOnline is the Internet's leading employment and
career resources site. Job Seekers can post resumes to
a database that contains over 200,000 current job postings,
review salary information and take a job aptitude test.
     JobsOnline provides these services absolutely FREE.
Register *now* and receive 30 FREE minutes of long distance!!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/jobs.htm

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   My grandmother used to be a quality control inspector for a
place that made milk cartons. She used to bring me home some of the ones she
rejected. This was back in the mid to late fifties when the largest
container of milk was a half gallon. They were made out of heavy paper that
was later wax coated. The ones she brought home were sometimes not the right
color or the printing register was just a bit off. I had fun collecting the
different brands from around the country. When I got them they were flat
sheets, which I folded and taped together. I think she wanted me to use one
as a bank, but I rarely had money; and what little I had went for comic
books. The plant where she worked the second shift her entire career was
eventually bought out by a large paper company. I think of her sometimes
when I see a carton of milk at the store. I pick it up and look to see who
made it, expecting somehow to see the name of her old company printed
slightly off register.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

      SIGN UP NOW TO WIN $1,000 CASH!

Receive FREE personalized, practical email
for all the important areas of your life: home,
family, car, wealth, entertainment, pets and more!
     Get FREE personal finance information!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/lm.htm OR

=======================================

Do you remember? “Enemy to those who make him an enemy.”

=======================================

HELP SAVE A NEEDY CHILD'S LIFE...

that without your help may not survive. Your
support can provide vaccinations, basic medical
care, education and clothing. To receive a free
information package, or to make a donation or
to sponsor a child, please click here. Your
help really does make a difference in the lives
of children who have so little.
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/stc.htm

=======================================

Simply Tim: MILLIONAIRE, MILLIONAIRE, WHEREFORE ART THOU?

I thought I’d seen everything, but I guess we’re ALL fixing to see a LOT
more. I’m talking about this week’s “So You Want to Marry a Multi
Millionaire?” FOX Television program. In case you didn’t catch it, 50 women
applied for a shot at marrying, sight unseen, a gentleman whose saving grace
was that he was a bona fide multi millionaire. The program lasted for two
hours, during which time the mystery millionaire and his immediate family
rated 50 eager contestants in a kind of Miss America beauty pageant
formatted show. The millionaire bachelor remained hidden from view while he
whittled the wannabe wives down from 50 to 5 hopefuls who promised
faithfulness and true love through the ages. Near the end of the program,
the “40 something” bachelor came out of hiding, swaggered down the line of 5
wedding-gowned women, got down on a knee in front of one of them, and
proposed right there on the spot. A three-carat diamond ring appeared from
nowhere, and while the 4 weeping runners up were quickly whisked off the
stage, the new couple held hands and began mouthing their marriage vows LIVE
on TV. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more surprised looking bride or at
least one more terrified at winning what she’s wished for...

Somehow this new approach to marriage rubs me the wrong way. But I can’t be
too sure. I mean, I’ve seen DINING patrons spend more time picking out a
live lobster at a restaurant than this gentleman spent picking out his new
wife. And although I’ve been married a couple of times, I caught myself both
envious of this mystery millionaire and embarrassed for his nervous
entourage as he jotted down notes and comments while 50 beautiful women
unabashedly bared their bodies and souls in this bizarre wide-screen
courtship debauchery. Then again, if *I* had multi millions of dollars to
burn--- an all star cast of hopeful babes, along with a carefully worded
prenuptial agreement, might be a curious ticket. Next year I hope FOX
Television will reverse their strategy and provide a mystery *MILLIONAIRESS*
searching for a special, faithful soul mate, painter, writer-gardener
husband…

You can reach Simply Tim at mailto:tl-@clark.net . Please use story’s title
in the subject area.

=======================================

MEET THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE
                 AT RELATIONSHIPS.COM !
Your FREE relationships.com membership lets you
meet hundreds of people in your neighborhood and
around the country on the Internet's best dating service.
We're the best because our exclusive SureMatch
technology brings people together who are right for
each other! Relationships.com is safe, secure, fun,
and 100% Free. No fees. No charges. No catches.
So if you're ready to meet people you really click with,
         Try us right now!   Happy Dating!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/sn.htm OR

=======================================

Do you remember?

Never Ending Song Of Love

Artists: Delaney & Bonnie & Friends “Friends” included, from time to time,
Leon Russell, Rita Coolidge, Dave Mason,
Eric Clapton, Duane Allman and many others.

Words and Music by Delaney Bramlett

I’ve got a never-ending love for you
From now on that’s all I want to do
From the first time we met I knew
I’d have a never-ending love for you

I’ve got a never-ending love for you
From now on that’s all I want to do
From the first time we met I knew
I’d have a never-ending love for you

After all this time of bein’ alone
We can love one another, give for each other
From now on
It’s so good I can hardly stand it

Never-ending love for you
From now on that’s all I want to do
From the first time we met I knew
I’d sing my never-ending song of love for you

After all this time of bein’ alone
We can love one another, live for each other
From now on
It’s so good I can hardly stand it

Never-ending love for you
From now on that’s al I want to do
From the first time we met I knew
I’d sing my never-ending song of love for you

I’ve got a never-ending love for you
FADE: From now on that’s all I want to do

=======================================

Many of you visit the Hunger Site on a daily basis and, with the simple
click of a mouse, donate food for the hungry, which is paid for by the
Hunger Site’s sponsors. This is a great way to do good and feel good at the
same time while it only costs you the time it takes to click your mouse.
Want to do even more? Well, our friend, Ray Whiting, has a page at his Two
Scoops site where you can click on the Hunger Site to donate food AND do the
same thing for the Red Cross, cancer research, and four other groups. We
urge you to visit this site daily to make your free donation. As we said, it
doesn’t cost you anything but a few moments of time to do a lot of good.

So please visit: http://www.twoscoops.com/giving.html

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.