Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- String Pie, 02-21-00  Recipe du Jour
 Feb 21, 2000 02:48 PST
=======================================
Volume 3      Number 44
=======================================
RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

30 Minutes Of Free Long Distance And Free Stuff In Your E-Mail
Box!

Now you can get FREE quality e-newsletters in your mailbox
featuring FREE STUFF - including Crafts, Kids & Parents, Health,
Sweepstakes, and many more! Subscribe to any newsletter and
receive up to 30 minutes of long distance FREE.
Visit:http://www.myfree.com/join.html?swp19

=======================================

STRING PIE

1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
15 oz spaghetti sauce
8 oz spaghetti, cooked and drained
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp butter
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook beef, onion, and green pepper in large
skillet over medium-high heat until meat is brown, stirring to separate
meat. Drain fat. Stir in spaghetti sauce; mix well. Combine cooked
spaghetti, Parmesan cheese, eggs, and butter in large bowl; mix well. Place
in bottom of 13- x 9-inch pan. Spread cottage cheese over top. Pour sauce
mixture over cottage cheese. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese over top. Bake about
20 minutes or until cheese melts. Yield: 6 to 8 servings.

Donate for free to the hunger site (and others) by visiting
http://www.twoscoops.com/giving.html

=======================================

Starting tomorrow, from our friend Kaylin at Real Food for Real People:

 >.......Real Healthy Food for Real People.........<<<<<<<
Our free weekly ezine can teach you how to make healthy, lasting
changes to your favorite recipes, so you can still enjoy them.
Reduce calories, fat, cholesterol- increase fiber and enjoyment!
          Subscribe today by sending an email to:
             realhealthy-@onelist.com
or visit http://www.realfood4realpeople.com/healthy.htm

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   My wife made three big pans of lasagna last night. The smell
drove me crazy with desire. “Kind of late to be making lasagna,” I remarked.
“Is this for tomorrow?” Susan nodded. “It’s for the clowns,” she said,
meaning for the clowns at the circus. “And one pan is for the bookkeeping
people.” I should mention, for those who haven’t been subscribers very long,
that Susan does publicity, promotions, and public relations for The Greatest
Show On Earth when it comes to town every year. “So,” I said hopefully, “one
pan for the bookkeepers, one pan for the clowns, and one for us.” Susan
shook her head. “No, Dear, two pans for the clowns.” I was aghast. “Two?”
She nodded. “There are a lot of clowns.” She saw the look on my face and
said, “I’ll make you some next week.” Of course that wasn’t helping me now.
“But you usually make them cookies or brownies,” I said. She just looked at
me and I knew it would do no good to whine. I wandered back to the computer
room wondering how I could sneak a piece out of the middle of one of those
pans.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

A sponsor for list 61 , Daytips, reference number 20245
* Recipes       * Recalls      * Freebies * Horoscopes
* Strange News * Poem-a-Day   * Fiction   * Entertainment
* Clean Jokes   * Sweepstakes * Trivia    * Health News
FREE                                                  FREE
      * * * * http://www.DayTips.com/aec/ * * * *

=======================================

Do you remember? “Up, up, up in value. Down, down, down in price -“

=======================================

         Are You Sick And Tired Of Your Old Job?
   Take a FREE job aptitude test and get a better job!
JobsOnline is the Internet's leading employment and
career resources site. Job Seekers can post resumes to
a database that contains over 200,000 current job postings,
review salary information and take a job aptitude test.
     JobsOnline provides these services absolutely FREE.
Register *now* and receive 30 FREE minutes of long distance!!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/jobs.htm

=======================================

Simply Tim: YOUR WHISTLE, OR MY WHISTLE?

Last week’s “Kick the Can” story and a letter from a reader reminded me of
my Dad’s whistle. Actually, he had TWO whistles: one for my sister Pat, and
a different one for me. Whenever he or Mom needed one of us kids to come
home, Dad would stand on the front porch, stick two fingers in his mouth and
let fly with a screech that could be heard almost anywhere. And if my sister
or I DIDN’T hear his whistle, we were too far away and in deep, DEEP trouble
by the time we got home. It was always such a pleasure to hear Pat’s whistle
floating way in the distance, without it being followed by my shorter,
higher-pitched one. Eventually SEVERAL kids’ fathers in the neighborhood
decided the whistle idea was a good one. The trick was to come up with a
unique signal that didn’t confuse other whistle-wise kids.

And then one day, I learned how to whistle just like an adult.

Oh, what a feeling of power! I would hide and practice my technique by
mimicking OTHER kids’ father’s whistles. The affected kids would stop
whatever they were doing and rush off home while I laughed till I cried--
just like I’m doing right now thinking about it…

Reply to tl-@clark.net Please use story’s title in the subject area.

=======================================

eCoupons is the 1st site of its kind, offering savings
from local, national, and online retailers to consumers
around the clock. Our exclusive product offering,
comprehensive mix of retailers, and ease of use
keep consumers coming back to eCoupons before
they shop. We aim to make saving money
on the Internet easy, fun, and efficient!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/ec.htm OR

=======================================

Do you remember?

KNOCK THREE TIMES
TONY ORLANDO & DAWN

Hey girl what ya doin' down there
Dancin' alone every night while I live right above you
I can hear your music playin'
I can feel your body swayin'
One floor below me you don't even know me
I love you
Oh my darling
Knock three times on the ceiling if you want me
Twice on the pipe if the answer is no
Oh my sweetness
Means you'll meet me in the hallway
Twice on the pipe means you ain't gonna show
If you look out your window tonight
Pull in the string with the note that's attached to my heart
Read how many times I saw you
How in my silence I adored you
Only in my dreams did that wall between us come apart
Oh my darling
Knock three times on the ceiling if you want me
Twice on the pipe if the answer is no
Oh my sweetness
Means you'll meet me in the hallway
Twice on the pipe means you ain't gonna show
I can hear your music playin'
I can feel your body swayin'
One floor below me you don't even know me
I love you
Oh my darling
Knock three times on the ceiling if you want me
Twice on the pipe if the answer is no
Oh my sweetness
Means you'll meet me in the hallway
Twice on the pipe means you ain't gonna show

=======================================

You want funny, side splitting, jokes delivered daily ?
You can join ~AIKEN DRUM'S~ * a laugh a day *
by sending a blank e-mail to Subscr-@AikensLaughs.com
<A HREF="mailto:Subscr-@AikensLaughs.com">Subscribe</A>
Visit for 5 other types of lists: http://www.AikensLaughs.com

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.