Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Chicken Pot Pie Lasagna, 02-23-00  Recipe du Jour
 Feb 23, 2000 04:17 PST
=======================================
Volume 3      Number 46
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

~~~~~ http://www.dietingtips.com/index.cgi?5063 ~~~~~

Are YOU Ready For Summer And Bathing Suits?

LOSE WEIGHT LIKE CRAZY!!! Summer is just
around the corner! Lose Up to 30 lbs. in 30 days!
Out product is All natural and is Dr. recommended.
I lost 27 lbs. and 40 inches in just 5 weeks! Why
not you, too? See our incredible before and after pictures!!
Check out: http://www.dietingtips.com/index.cgi?5063

=======================================

NOTICE: by popular request, recipes for Apple Cider Pound Cake and Coconut
Cheesecake appear at the end of today’s mailing.

CHICKEN POT PIE LASAGNA

12 pieces lasagna, uncooked
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
1 cup frozen green peas, thawed and well drained
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 tsp ground thyme
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3-1/2 cups skim milk
1/2 cup dry sherry
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1 (15 oz) carton lowfat Ricotta cheese
1-1/2 cups grated part-skim Mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup grated reduced-fat Swiss cheese

Prepare pasta according to package directions. Spray large skillet with
cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken and sauté
4 minutes or until cooked through. Drain well and remove chicken. Spray
skillet again with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat until hot.
Add mushrooms, carrots, peas, onions, and thyme; sauté 6 minutes. Set aside,
adding to chicken and mixing well. Place flour in medium saucepan. Gradually
add milk, stirring with wire whisk until blended; stir in sherry. Bring to a
boil over medium heat and cook 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring
constantly. Stir in salt and red pepper. Reserve 1 cup of sauce and set
aside. Combine Ricotta cheese, 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, and Swiss cheese in
large bowl. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread 1 cup of the sauce over
bottom of 13- x 9- x 2-inch pan. Arrange 4 pieces of lasagna (3 lengthwise,
1 widthwise) over sauce. Top with half of Ricotta cheese mixture, half of
chicken mixture, and half of remaining sauce mixture. Repeat layers, ending
with 4 pieces of lasagna. Spread reserved 1 cup of sauce over last complete
layer of lasagna, being sure to cover lasagna completely. Cover lasagna with
foil and bake 1 hour. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Mozzarella
cheese over top. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes. Cover; let stand 15 minutes
before serving. Yield: 10 servings.

(from the National Pasta Association)

Donate for free to the hunger site (and others) by visiting
http://www.twoscoops.com/giving.html

<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   I’m more troubled by the memories of images of burning monks
than I am by any memory of Vietnam. The idea of burning oneself in protest
is just not something I can understand. . .then, back in the sixties, or
now. When some protesters in the United States attempted to copy the monks,
I couldn’t understand. When more monks, one by one, poured fuel over their
bodies and set fire to themselves, I couldn’t understand. It makes me wonder
if I could ever care so much about something that I would offer myself up in
sacrifice, hoping the symbol of my death would bring about a change. Did the
monks’ deaths change anything? I can’t answer that. But I will never forget
staring open-mouthed at the television set and watching a robed man go up in
flames and wondering why.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

"The ships hung in the sky in much the
same way that bricks don't." -- Douglas Adams
http://www.doseme.com - The Galactic eZine Portal for Y2K!
FREE :) bonus: mailto:subscribe--@lists.doseme.com
Life's Great! See http://www.doseme.com for details!

=======================================

Do you remember? Honey West.

=======================================

Shhh! -- Don't Tell! It's a Secret!
But if YOU want to be one of the Smart Ones
who get things done the Easy Way and Save
their Money while they're doing it, then visit the
following website.. But Remember..
       It's a Secret! ... So Don't Tell Anyone!!!
http://www.afreeplace.com/busn-rdj.htm

=======================================

Simply Tim: THANKS, PAT

My sister, Pat has always been somewhat of a free thinker. When she was 10
years old she wrote an original play, her own version of Peter Pan.
Unfortunately, she persuaded the Watertown Arsenal Officer’s Club to sponsor
the production. The play was billed something like:

Peter Pan, a Play by Pat Lee
Starring Pat Lee
Directed by Pat Lee
Produced by Pat Lee

“Can I be Captain Hook?” I asked.
“No.”
“One of the Lost Boys?”
“No.”
“The crocodile?”
“No.”
“I wanna be SOMETHING!” I shouted.
“Hmmm,” she thought, her eyes betraying nothing. “The only part left is
Tinkerbell,” she said. “It’s a MAJOR part, too.”
“TINKERBELL?” I exclaimed. “Aw, come on, Pat!”
“You want the part or not?”

I made an outstanding Tinkerbell. Thank God video cameras hadn’t been
invented yet…

Reply to tl-@clark.net Please use story’s title in the subject area.

=======================================

HAVE A WHOLE LOTTA FUN WITH GAMES
     AND CONTESTS AT SPEEDY CLICK!

Win $10,000! Play great games!
      Enter as many as you like.
Lots of $50 prizes also! You'll have so much fun, and
it's all FREE! Sign up now... It doesn't cost a penny!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/sc.htm OR

=======================================

Do you remember?

The Second Star to the Right
Music by Sammy Fain, Lyrics by Sammy Cahn

The second star to the right
Shines in the night for you
To tell you that the dreams you plan
Really can come true
The second star to the right
Shines with a light that's rare
And if it's Never Land you need
It's light will lead you there
Twinkle, twinkle little star
So I'll know where you are
Gleaming in the skies above
Lead me to the one who loves me
And when you bring him my way
Each time we say "Goodnight"
We'll thank the little star that shines
The second from the right

=======================================

Do you want 5 star jokes without 4 letter words? Jokes that
you can tell co-workers, clients and members of the opposite
sex without a harassment suit? Buffalos-G- Jokes
Clean and Fresh. Visit http://www.buffalosjokes.com
or mailto:buffalos-g-jo-@egroups.com

send a blank email addressed to dessert-subscribe#topica.com

APPLE CIDER POUND CAKE

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 tsp apple pie spice
1 cup apple cider
1 tsp vanilla extract

Cream butter and shortening; gradually add sugar, beating until light and
fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Combine next 4
ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with apple cider, beginning
and ending with dry ingredients. Mix just until blended after each addition.
Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
Bake at 325 degrees F. for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden pick
inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes; remove
from pan, and cool completely on a rack. Yield: 1 10-inch cake.

(from Southern Living)

=======================================

COCONUT CHEESECAKE

2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup cream of coconut
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 prepackaged 9-inch graham cracker crust
1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/2 cup toasted shredded coconut

Mix cream cheese, cream of coconut, sugar, and vanilla at medium speed of
electric mixer until blended; add eggs. Mix until blended; pour into crust.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool.
Refrigerate 3 hour or overnight. Top with thawed frozen whipped topping and
toasted coconut. Yield: 1 cheesecake.

(Cream of coconut is commonly used to make Pina Coladas. The brand I used
was Coco Lopez.)

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.