Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Pasta Waldorf, 02-24-00  Recipe du Jour
 Feb 24, 2000 03:06 PST
=======================================
Volume 3      Number 47
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

~~~~~~ http://www.oska.com/oska.pht?id=100320 ~~~~~

          **** IS WINDOWS TOO BORING? ****

Bring it to life with Oska DeskMate. Oska is an interactive
character that lives and plays on your Windows desktop.
!!FREE!!   DOWNLOAD NOW   !!FREE!!

      (: Go on. Have Some Fun. :)

=======================================

PASTA WALDORF

8 oz uncooked small shell pasta
2 red Delicious apples, unpeeled
1 rib celery
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup raisins
1/3 cup nonfat lemon yogurt
1/3 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse in cold water;
drain again. Meanwhile core and dice apples. Chop celery. Combine pasta,
apples, celery, pecans, raisins, yogurt, and mayonnaise in large bowl. Toss
gently until blended. Season to taste with salt. Cover and chill 15 minutes.
Serve over leaves of your favorite variety of lettuce. Yield: 6 side-dish
servings.

Donate for free to the hunger site (and others) by visiting
http://www.twoscoops.com/giving.html

=======================================

WIN A DIGITAL CAMERA!

Have you been looking for a small, fast, well-built
digital camera great for taking quick shots and making
high quality prints? Then enter to win one today!
The Canon (R) Power Shot S10 Zoom camera was
awarded 5 out of 5 stars by PC Photo Review for
Performance, Ease of Use, and Cost. Win one today!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/dig.htm

=======================================

Simply Tim: OH, WELL

My second wife wore a dental retainer, and whenever she ate she wrapped it
inside a napkin and placed it beside her plate, which irked me every time
she did it. One evening while returning home from a friend’s wedding
reception, we decided to celebrate our being dressed up by having dinner at
an expensive restaurant. In the parking lot after our meal, we discovered
the retainer had been left on the table. I rushed back inside to find the
table had already been cleared. The maitre d’ directed me through the hot,
steamy kitchen, where I eventually ended up at a twenty-feet long stainless
steel sink that contained all the leftovers and gooey debris that had been
scraped from customers’ plates within the past several hours. “Here you go,
sir,” smiled a kitchen worker, admiring my tuxedo. “Welcome to the
scullery.” I removed my jacket, rolled up my fine ruffled sleeves, and
began feeling through the disgusting quagmire.

An hour later I actually FOUND the pink-rimmed retainer! One of the
dishwashers sprayed it off with a steam-cleaning wand. Back in the car, I
handed the retainer to my wife, who had been listening to music with the air
conditioner running. She hadn’t even broken a sweat. After a close
inspection, she commented matter-of-factly: “This isn’t *MY* retainer. You
got the wrong ONE!”

I gritted my teeth and drove the car out of the parking lot in a strange
cloud of silence, turning smoothly onto the main highway. “That’s too bad,”
I said evenly.

Reply to tl-@clark.net Please use story’s title in the subject area.

=======================================

Be first to learn of new job openings with leading
companies such as American Express, General Dynamics
and IBM. Subscribe for free by sending a new email to:
mailto:subsc-@adguide.com?subject=aecSUBSCRIBE

=======================================

Simply Tim BONUS
MARRY A MILLIONAIRE UPDATE

WHOA! Seems like the mystery groom turned out to be a dud. FOX TV has
CANCELLED a second airing of the historical program mentioned in last week’s
Simply Tim story. Although a ratings blockbuster, FOX got more than they
bargained for in this marketing disaster. The new bride thinks so, too, and
is allegedly filing for a marriage annulment. Get the details from the
following ABC link:

http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/millionaire000223.html

<a
href="http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/millionaire000223.html
">AOL link</a>

All is as it should be…

=======================================

Do you remember? Sugarfoot.

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   We’re getting a new couch in a few weeks. In a way I’m sad
because the old one has been such a good couch. It’s one of those ones that
will fold out into a bed. It used to belong to Susan’s parents. We folded it
out for Luke’s first sleepover and likewise for Molly years later. Walt and
his wife Andrea slept on that couch a few years ago when they came to visit.
Susan and I have cuddled on that couch, we’ve watched many an hour of
television from there, and have read books and magazines on that thing with
our legs curled up under us. Two dogs have been particularly fond of the
cushions. It has been reupholstered and slip-covered so many times I can’t
remember what it looked to begin with. There’s some talk of moving it in
here in the computer room, but I fear it would become just another surface
on which to place books and laundry and other such things. So we’ll probably
put it out on the driveway come the neighborhood garage sale this spring. I
don’t want to be around when someone buys it because whatever they pay won’t
be enough.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

Join the thousands who have discovered TIP DU JOUR
Household tips, computer tips, gardening tips, and more!
Delivered to you via email, FREE, five days a week
Simply send a blank email addressed to
tipdujour--@listbot.com

=======================================

Do you remember?

Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine)
Words and Music by Jesse Belvin, Gaynel Hodge, and Curtis Williams

(oh, oh, oh, oh, wah-ah-ah, oh, oh, oh, oh

Earth angel, earth angel
Will you be mine?
My darling dear
Love you all the time
I'm just a fool
A fool in love with you

Earth angel, earth angel
The one I adore
Love you forever and ever more
I'm just a fool
A fool in love with you

I fell for you and I knew
The vision of your love-loveliness
I hoped and I pray that someday
I'll be the vision of your hap-happiness oh, oh, oh, OH!

Earth angel, earth angel
Please be mine
My darling dear
Love you all the time
I'm just a fool
A fool in love with you-ou-ou

I fell for you and I knew
The vision of your loveliness
I hope and pray that someday
That I'll be the vision of your happiness

oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh , oh, oh, oh

Earth angel, earth angel
Please be mine
My darling dear
Love you all the time
I'm just a fool
A fool in love with you-ou (you, you, you)

=======================================

If you accidentally eat plastic fruit, do you throw up that
wacky fake vomit? Are diskettes actually female disks? Dr.
Science answers your science questions every day via email.
For whiz-dumb, write to drscience--@onelist.com or
visit his website at http://www.drscience.com. Act now and
learn the real reason computer mice have only one ball!

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.