Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Shrimp and Snow Peas, 02-25-00  Recipe du Jour
 Feb 25, 2000 03:11 PST
=======================================
Volume 3      Number 48
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

NOVICA - $15 OFF! - NOVICA - $15 OFF! - NOVICA - $15 OFF!
Shop for luxurious tapestries in Peru, exquisite carvings in
Bali, original paintings in Brazil, and thousands of other
fine arts and crafts - direct from the world's top artisans.
Every item is fully guaranteed and shipped to your home
direct from our global offices. $15 OFF NOW!!!
Click here: http://www.novica.com/ap/15offpromo.html

=======================================

SHRIMP AND SNOW PEAS

6 oz uncooked fusilli (pasta twists)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
12 oz medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 cups snow peas
1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1/3 cup sliced green onions
3 tbs lime juice
2 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs reduced sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp cumin

Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt; drain. Set aside.
Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until
hot. Add garlic and red pepper; stir-fry 1 minute. Add shrimp; stir-fry 5
minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Remove shrimp from skillet. Add snow
peas and 2 tbs water to skillet; cook, covered, 1 minute. Uncover; cook and
stir 2 minutes or until snow peas are crisp-tender. Remove snow peas from
skillet. Combine pasta, shrimp, snow peas, water chestnuts, and onions in
large bowl. Blend lime juice, cilantro, oil, soy sauce, and cumin in small
bowl. Drizzle over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.

Donate for free to the hunger site (and others) by visiting
http://www.twoscoops.com/giving.html

=======================================

             CHAT WITH REAL SOUND!

Get EXCITE voice chat and talk forever for FREE!
Talk to anyone around the world!
Create your own chat rooms!
Hold private conversations!
Talk up to 10 people at the same time!
        Forget the cost of long distance charges!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/chat.htm

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   I really like the new quarters with pictures on the backs
honoring individual states. There are six of them so far and I’m putting
away a couple of dollars each in the event we ever have any grandchildren to
pass them along to. So far I like Connecticut best with its Freedom Tree,
followed by Georgia and its peach, then New Jersey. I thought the one with
the stick figure guy was kind of lame, but I shouldn’t say that for fear of
offending someone (like other stick figure guys). Each new release causes
conversation. There are a couple of us at work who are pleased when we’re
the first to get a new state. “Have you seen Massachusetts yet? No? Why it
just so happens I got one last night at the grocery store. Here, take a
look.” There’s nothing like being smug about having a quarter.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

(There is another Rich’s Note toward the end of this issue, please make sure
you read it. Thanks.)

=======================================

* Recipes       * Recalls      * Freebies * Horoscopes
* Strange News * Poem-a-Day   * Fiction   * Entertainment
* Clean Jokes   * Sweepstakes * Trivia    * Health News
FREE                                                  FREE
      * * * * http://www.DayTips.com/aec/ * * * *

=======================================

Do you remember? Shane.

=======================================

        Are You Ready For A Vacation?
         Get WET! Go WILD! Win a trip to Kauai!
o Round trip air transportation provided by sponsor.
o 8 day/7 night accommodations provided
by the luxurious Princeville Resort.
o Compact car rental for the duration of your stay.
                   Get away from it all!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/wet.htm

=======================================

Simply Tim: FRIDAY FEEDBACK
KICK THE CAN

“We would place the can in the middle of the street right below the
streetlight. This way the person who was "it" had a fighting chance. But
what would happen there would be an onslaught from all directions and the
can would be kicked and on the paved street it would roll for a long way
giving the players time to scramble away.
--James”

“Your Kick the Can, sounds like the country kids version of "Tin Can Alley".
We would stack cans, biggest on the bottom, smaller on up till 5 or 6 were
stacked. The "it" person hid their eyes and counted to an agreed upon
number. Everyone else hid. The it person looked for the hiders and called
out each name as one was found. The last person still hid, tried to run in
and kick the cans without being caught and freed the others to hid again.
--Nell”

“Well ---- I was just sent back about 60 years (and I am hardly old). Our
call was, "Ollie, Ollie Oxen, All in Free" What a wonderful time we had
with all ages playing. Gosh, maybe they were really, "the good old days."
--Janet”

“What a refreshing glimpse of my childhood. During WWII when I was a VERY
SMALL child---the children of all ages from our neighborhood would gather at
the corner where we lived to play "Kick The Can" "Red Rover, Red Rover" and
a host of other games, long forgotten. Upon reading your Kick The Can
segment, I sat here remembering those wonderful friends and wondering where
in the world they had scattered.”
--Jewell Kee”

Reply to tl-@clark.net Please use story’s title in the subject area.

=======================================

Join the thousands who have discovered TIP DU JOUR
Household tips, computer tips, gardening tips, and more!
Delivered to you via email, FREE, five days a week
Simply send a blank email addressed to
tipdujour--@listbot.com

=======================================

Another Note from Rich:   I received the following email yesterday.
Basically, it is a request for “large,” easy to assemble recipes that will
serve many people at a time. If you have such recipes, please send them to
Joyto-@aol.com   Why does she want such recipes? Just read the following.

Dear Rich.
As a faithful reader, I have enjoyed the recipes and vignettes of times past
of you and Tim.
I am a mother of 21 children, up until three weeks ago a single parent. My
children for the most part have been adopted with the sprinkling of three
biological children to make things interesting. Some children are mentally
or physically challenged, some children, outcasted by their cultures because
the biological parents couldn't provide a safe haven, some are terminally
ill. No matter, they have come and been accepted here and given dignity,
love, nurturing, and tender care, each aspiring to meet this or her
potential.
Last year, I met a wonderful man. By profession, (yes, I still have to
work),
I am a Private Investigator, in the course of working I met David, a Public
Defender, Attorney, Crusader au Natural. We fell in love, were married and
are in the process of blending his home with our home. My children and I
will
be leaving our home here in Florida, to join Dave and his children in
Tennessee, hopefully by the end of March.
This move encompasses locating a bus or vehicle large enough to transport
all
of us (our other one is beyond fixing)...Selling my house, (which I did
earlier this week!!!!!!)..separating what goes…what stays....gathering
educational and medical records…soothing fears of the unknown...keeping
current of the progress that is being made on the new addition in the new
home...and endless other things which if I thought about I would shudder.
Most people couldn't even begin to comprehend the number of children, let
alone a move of 1150 miles to a new environment. For us, it has been an
exciting time!!! We are the new generation with the spirit of the folks of
yester year making the trip across country.
I would like to ask you and your staff to help us by checking the archives
for large, easy to assemble type meals, so that I may put them in a recipe
folder and have an updated menu to choose from, thus, insuring hectic days,
become calmer, as we meet and feed others who help get us settled along the
way.
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/K9CopKen/Angels.html">Angels Among Us</A>
was written by a good friend and dedicated to us to share on the Internet <A
HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/joytoy222/Joytoy.html">joytoy and robert
page</A
 is a memorial to my daughter Joy, hence my screen name, which I am sharing
for you to have a better idea of how the impossible really can become
possible, if only we believe in our selves!
Thank you for taking the time to share in our lives.

Sincerely,
Share!!!

Send recipes to Joyto-@aol.com

=======================================

Do you remember?

He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother

The Hollies
Written by B. Scott and B. Russell

The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows when
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry him
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

So on we go
His welfare is of my concern
No burden is he to bear
We'll get there
For I know
He would not encumber me
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

If I'm laden at all
I'm laden with sadness
That everyone's heart
Isn't filled with the gladness
Of love for one another

It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
While we're on the way to there
Why not share
And the load
Doesn't weigh me down at all
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

He's my brother
He ain't heavy, he's my brother...

=======================================

*---FREE Fun & Fact Via Email -Register to WIN!---*
Sodamail has 17 FREE Fun and Fact Family email newsletters
* Humor * Crossword * Kids * Strange but True * Trivia *
* Family History * Nature * Women   * Recipes * Teens *

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.