Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Indonesian Chicken Breasts, 02-28-00  Recipe du Jour
 Feb 28, 2000 03:41 PST
=======================================
Volume 3      Number 50
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

             CHAT WITH REAL SOUND!

Get EXCITE voice chat and talk forever for FREE!
Talk to anyone around the world!
Create your own chat rooms!
Hold private conversations!
Talk up to 10 people at the same time!
        Forget the cost of long distance charges!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/chat.htm

=======================================

INDONESIAN CHICKEN BREASTS

1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 tsp curry powder
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
1 medium red bell pepper, cut in half
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup currants
Hot cooked rice if desired

Beat orange juice, peanut butter, and curry powder in medium nonmetal bowl,
using wire whisk. Add chicken, turning to coat with marinade. Cover and
refrigerate , turning once, at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours.
Heat coals or gas grill. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
Cover and grill chicken and bell pepper 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 15 to
20 minutes, turning once, until is no longer pink in center. To serve, cut
chicken breasts diagonally into 1/2-inch slices and bell pepper into
1/2-inch strips. Top chicken and bell pepper with coconut and currants.
Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.

Donate for free to the hunger site (and others) by visiting
http://www.twoscoops.com/giving.html

=======================================

Please visit RdJ’s newest sponsor. You’ll be glad you did.

BBQ.COM - The Web's #1 Destination for Barbecuing and Grilling

******FREE BBQ TIPS & RECIPES IN YOUR E-MAIL BOX EVERY WEEK!******

Get FREE tips, recipes, special offers, and more from BBQ.COM, the Web's
Hottest Destination for Barbecuing and Grilling! It takes fewer than
10 seconds to sign up, and it's FREE. To join the BBQ.COM mailing
list, just go to: http://www.bbq.com/signup4.html

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   I was ready to explode yesterday. I had bought and installed
a new burner for my gas grill. I had checked out the site of our new
sponsor, BBQ.com, and was ready to start the BBQ season. I had searched in
vain to find a spring training baseball game on the television, but it’s
still too early. I had walked around the yard staring at all the things
erupting from the ground. Among the pansies was a hyacinth screaming “Look
at me! Look at me!” I did. In the big barrel on the patio, two daffodils
trumpeted for my attention. “Ta-dah! Aren’t we lovely?” And they were,
two-toned and pastel. Elsewhere other leaf-stalks stabbed at the air. “We’re
coming soon!” they seemed to call. But Susan had a roast in the crockpot and
the computer had a stronger call because I had to work on Recipe du Jour.
The grill sighed and so did I. I punched the switch on the computer and
began putting together this week’s mailings. But every once in a while I
clicked on the Braves’ home page to get a little baseball fix. Every once in
a while I slid over to BBB.com and drooled over the sauces and the tools.
They say it’s going to be cold and raining today. They say that yesterday’s
warm weather might return later in the week. Maybe next Saturday I’ll find a
baseball game on channel 5. Maybe I’ll grill some ribs. Maybe the crocus
will call. “Look at us! Look at us!”

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

         Horoscope du Jour delivers for *YOU*!
Have you ever wondered what stars have in store for *you*?
Star light, Star bright...How many stars will be in your day tonight?
To find out, SUBSCRIBE! Please send a blank e-mail to
mailto:hdj-sub-@egroups.com OR visit our website at
http://www.horoscopedujour.com

=======================================

Do you remember? TV antennas on all the roofs.

=======================================

Join the thousands who have discovered TIP DU JOUR
Household tips, computer tips, gardening tips, and more!
Delivered to you via email, FREE, five days a week
Simply send a blank email addressed to
tipdujour--@listbot.com

=======================================

Simply Tim: REPRINTED WITHOUT PERMISSION
(My sister Pat’s version of Kick the Can)

“When I was a preteen at Watertown Arsenal, kids from the age of 6 to 16
would gather spring and summer evenings at dusk to begin to play Kick The
Can. Our can was situated near a tall lamp post whose light radiated for at
least 20 feet. Our can was at its perimeter, allowing "just enough light"
for safety, and "just little enough light" for a true challenge.

I really enjoyed the evenings. Our parents trusted us enough to allow to
range free, yet we were still tethered to "the" whistle.. But this was a
time for socializing. Because of the range of our ages, many of us were not
in the same grade, let alone the same class. Friendships were cemented
during the hiding time, where a gaggle of girls would choose the same spot
to congregate and whisper. The older we became, the more intricate were our
hiding places. We rarely got caught, unless one of the older boys
volunteered to be "it", just to reassert his supremacy among the lesser beta
males. We knew if a smaller kid was "it", we could keep our hiding place all
evening without fear of disclosure.

None of us smoked. None carried weapons. None of us had been involved in a
crime (except my brother, Tim, who had been caught for setting fire* to the
Officers' Club...). None of us had experienced sex. None were out for any
other motive other than to have fun. And the penultimate thrill of the
summer was always to be the savior of captured souls by kicking the can and
freeing all prisoners.

Ah... Would that I could travel that road yet once again...”

*Tim says:
“None of us had been involved in a crime (except my brother, Tim, who had
been caught for ACCIDENTALLY setting fire to the Officers' Club BY RUBBING
TWO STICKS TOGETHER ONE DAY BEFORE THE OPENING NIGHT OF “PETER PAN” AND
TIM'S DEBUT ROLE AS TINKERBELL)...

Pat says: P.S. You made the best Tinkerbell ever! I am a firm believer in
the fact that THAT singular incident has made you a much better person.
While Captain Hooks, Smees, and Lost Boys can be found everywhere, you HAVE
to be a creative genius to become a superlative Tinkerbell! I had your best
creative interest in mind even at THAT time; I knew that someday you would
eventually thank me for the opportunity.

Tim says: Yeah, like I said last week, “THANKS, PAT”.

Reply to tl-@clark.net Please use story’s title in the subject area.

=======================================

WIN A DIGITAL CAMERA!

Have you been looking for a small, fast, well-built
digital camera great for taking quick shots and making
high quality prints? Then enter to win one today!
The Canon (R) Power Shot S10 Zoom camera was
awarded 5 out of 5 stars by PC Photo Review for
Performance, Ease of Use, and Cost. Win one today!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/dig.htm

=======================================

Do you remember?

Spanish Harlem

Ben E. King
Words and Music by Jerry Leiber and Phil Spector

There is a rose in Spanish Harlem
A red rose up in Spanish Harlem
It is a special one, it's never seen the sun
It only comes out when the moon is on the run
And all the stars are gleaming
It's growing in the street right up through the concrete
But soft and sweet and dreamin'

There is a rose in Spanish Harlem
A red rose up in Spanish Harlem
With eyes as black as coal that look down in my soul
And starts a fire there and then I lose control
I have to beg your pardon
I'm going to pick that rose and watch her as she grows in my garden

I'm going to pick that rose and watch her as she grows in my garden

(There is a rose in Spanish Harlem)
La-la-la, la-la-la, la-la-la-la
(There is a rose in Spanish Harlem)
La-la-la, la-la-la, la-la-la-la
(There is a rose in Spanish Harlem)
FADE

=======================================

Do you want 5 star jokes without 4 letter words? Jokes that
you can tell co-workers, clients and members of the opposite
sex without a harassment suit? Buffalos-G- Jokes
Clean and Fresh. Visit http://www.buffalosjokes.com
or mailto:buffalos-g-jo-@egroups.com

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.