Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Swiss Steak Surprise, 02-29-00  Recipe du Jour
 Feb 29, 2000 03:31 PST
=======================================
Volume 3      Number 51
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

   FINALLY YOU can eat great tasting food without worrying about harmful
effects. New Kholesterol Blocker uses an ingenious slight variation in the
phytosterol molecule. Your body blocks and regulates cholesterol from
animal foods. Feel better, live longer while enjoying delicious foods that
immeasurably enrich your enjoyment of life. Now you can eat what you
want without feeling guilty. Click NOW
http://www.HealthierAlternatives.com/kholesterolblocker.html

=======================================

SWISS STEAK SURPRISE

2 lbs boneless round steak
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp celery salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
3 tbs vegetable oil
1 medium onion, minced
1 (4 oz) can mushroom pieces, undrained
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup dairy sour cream

Trim excess fat from steak. Pound steak to 1/4-inch thickness; cut into
serving size pieces. Combine flour, salt, celery salt, and pepper. Dredge
steak in flour mixture; reserve excess flour mixture. Brown steak in hot oil
in large skillet. Add onion and mushrooms; sprinkle with reserved flour
mixture; add water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered,
about 50 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in sour cream. Yield: 6
to 8 servings.

Donate for free to the hunger site (and others) by visiting
http://www.twoscoops.com/giving.html

=======================================

PSYCHIC CHAT IS WAITING FOR YOU!

Chat with psychics and astrologers for FREE!
Learn what your future holds...
Are the planets aligned for you?
    Chat and find out!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/pchat.htm

=======================================

Simply Tim: COMMUNITY COFFEE
(reprint)

For coffee lovers of the world there can be no finer a scent than that of
freshly brewing coffee, especially if someone ELSE makes it before you wake
up in the morning. While living in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, coffee drinking
took on a whole different perspective whenever the local “COMMUNITY COFFEE”
company fired up its furnaces. Twice a week the inebriating dark-roasted
molecules wafted their way through solid walls and even bathrooms where one
waited patiently for the day’s beginning. I’m not kidding. Pick up your
newspaper with coffee cup in hand on the front porch, and breathe in the
citywide fragrance of fresh roasting caffeine. Oh, how I miss those aromatic
Louisiana mornings.

Reply to tl-@clark.net Please use story’s title in the subject area.

=======================================

"The ships hung in the sky in much the
same way that bricks don't." -- Douglas Adams
http://www.doseme.com - The Galactic eZine Portal for Y2K!
FREE :) bonus: mailto:subscribe--@lists.doseme.com
Life's Great! See http://www.doseme.com for details!

=======================================

Do you remember? Toys that you had to wind up.

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   Last week I mentioned how much I enjoyed the new quarters the
U.S. Mint is putting out. A number of people emailed to mention the new
“golden” dollar coins and how they were available at Wal-Mart. Being the
impulsive sort I am, I ran down that very day and got some. I have to admit
they are every bit as lovely as the quarters. Being the first at work to
have them, I smugly showed them off. At some point the Avon lady showed up
to make a delivery. I happened to walk by as she was concluding her
business. “Seen the new dollar?” I asked, handing her one. She allowed as
how lovely it was. “I’ll sell it to you for two bucks,” I said. Her hand
dove into her purse. “Sure,” she said, pulling out her wallet. Oh, the
temptation. Maybe if Wendy hadn’t been sitting at her desk watching. Maybe
if I was a few years younger. Maybe if it had been before lunch instead of
after, then I might possibly have taken advantage of her. But I was a good
boy. I told her I was just kidding, that she could get them just down the
road. She held up two dollar bills. “Well, I know they must be collectible,”
she said, “and I’d expect to pay more than a dollar.” I shook my head.
“Ding-dong. Avon calling,” I thought, and again explained that I was just
kidding. She finally understood. That afternoon I daydreamed about getting a
couple of hundred of those new dollar coins and standing out at a busy
intersection, holding up a sign saying “New Dollar Coins Only $5 Each! Be
The First On Your Block To Get One!” Oh, the temptation. . . .

Disclaimer: I have nothing against Avon people. The woman just happened to
be an Avon representative. I’m sure she just hadn’t heard much about the new
coins. I might have paid two bucks for the first one myself.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

WIN A DIGITAL CAMERA!

Have you been looking for a small, fast, well-built
digital camera great for taking quick shots and making
high quality prints? Then enter to win one today!
The Canon (R) Power Shot S10 Zoom camera was
awarded 5 out of 5 stars by PC Photo Review for
Performance, Ease of Use, and Cost. Win one today!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/dig.htm

=======================================

Do you remember?

Gimme Dat Ding
The Pipkins

That's right, That's right
I'm sad and blue
'Cause I can't do the Boogaloo
I'm lost, I'm lost
Can't do my thing
That's why I sing
Gimme, Gimme Dat Ding Ah..
Gimme Dat, Gimme Dat
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme Dat
Gimme Dat Ding, Gimme Dat
Gimme, Gimme Dat, Gimme Dat Ding
Gimme Dat, Gimme, Gimme Dat,
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Dat Ding (Oh, sing it one more time, Momma)
Oh,Gimme Dat, Gimme Dat
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme Dat
Gimme Dat Ding, Gimme Dat
Gimme, Gimme Dat, Gimme Dat Ding
Gimme Dat, Gimme, Gimme Dat,
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Dat Ding (Ah, you ain't doin' that late at night)
Ah, what good's a metronome
Without a (bell) ringing?
How fast can anybody ever tell he swings?
How can you tell the rhythm written on a bar?
How can you ever hope to know just where you are?
Gimme Dat, (Gimme Dat) Ah Gimme Dat (Gimme Dat)
Ah Gimme Dat, (Gimme Dat) Gimme Dat, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme,
(Ah Gotcha!)
Gimme Dat, Gimme Dat
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme Dat
Gimme Dat Ding, Gimme Dat
Gimme, Gimme Dat, Gimme Dat Ding
Gimme Dat, Gimme, Gimme Dat,
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Dat Ding
(Honky Tonk piano)
Oh,
Gimme Dat, Gimme Dat
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme Dat
Gimme Dat Ding, Gimme Dat
Gimme, Gimme Dat, Gimme Dat Ding
Gimme Dat, Gimme, Gimme Dat,
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Dat Ding
Ah, what good's a metronome
Without a (bell) ringing?
How fast can anybody ever tell he swings?
How can you tell the rhythm written on the bar?
How can you ever hope to know just where you are?
Gimme Dat, Ah Gimme Dat
Ah Gimme Dat, Gimme Dat, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme,
Gimme Dat, Gimme Dat
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme Dat
Gimme Dat Ding, Gimme Dat
Gimme, Gimme Dat, Gimme Dat Ding
Gimme Dat, Gimme, Gimme Dat,
Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Dat Ding

=======================================

If you accidentally eat plastic fruit, do you throw up that
wacky fake vomit? Are diskettes actually female disks? Dr.
Science answers your science questions every day via email.
For whiz-dumb, write to drscience--@onelist.com or
visit his website at http://www.drscience.com. Act now and
learn the real reason computer mice have only one ball!

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.