Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Crab Avocado Salad, 03-01-00  Recipe du Jour
 Mar 01, 2000 04:18 PST
=======================================
Volume 3      Number 52
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

Please welcome our newest sponsor.

THE CRAB PLACE

Enjoy the FINEST Maryland blue crab in the world!
The Crab Place is the premier seafood company located on the Chesapeake Bay.
We offer overnight delivery, guaranteed fresh, gift baskets, cookbooks,
shrimp,
oysters, FREE recipes and so much more. We deliver anywhere in the world.
Sign up today to receive free recipes via email!

Come visit us at   http://www.crabplace.com

=======================================

CRAB AVOCADO SALAD

1-1/2 cups flaked fresh crabmeat
1 (10 oz) pkg frozen tiny peas, thawed
1 (8 oz) container dairy sour cream
4 green onions, finely chopped
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 avocados, sliced

Combine all ingredients except avocado; gently toss. Chill thoroughly. Serve
salad on avocado slices. Yield 8 servings.

Donate for free to the hunger site (and others) by visiting
http://www.twoscoops.com/giving.html

=======================================

PLAY CARDS ONLINE WITH EXCITE!

Play cards on line! Win Cash Prizes!
Red Hot Poker! Keno! Bingo! Solitaire!
What are you waiting for?
You can't win if you don't play...
        Try it NOW!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/games.htm

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   The fire escape on our rented house on Kaighn Avenue was
black, peeling black paint with splotches of rust and pigeon droppings. I
remember my young uncle pulling a mattress out there on steamy summer nights
and letting me sleep beside him three flights up from the alley between us
and the saloon. The old brick walls radiated heat from a long day of sun. I
was six or seven then and sleeping out on the fire escape was a big
adventure. Spending time with my uncle, home from reform school, was also a
thrill. We had played cowboys and Indians all evening while my grandmother
worked the night shift and my mother sang with a band in a honky tonk bar.
My uncle had a zip gun made from whittled wood, a piece of small pipe taped
to a groove in the wood, tin, and a nail. I remember him trying to shoot
roosting pigeons and streetlights. My grandmother never knew, but I remember
a few years later taking a long bus ride with her to visit my uncle in
prison. I haven’t thought about that zip gun in years. I only think about it
now because of the rash of school shootings that plague us. Toy guns were
always enough for me; and when I was older and the army gave me a real
weapon I lost my fascination for them altogether. To make sure I remembered
correctly, I searched the Web last night and found directions for making a
zip gun complete with drawings. I was amazed at how easy it was. You see, I
cringe every time a trigger is squeezed. I jump at the bark of a weapon
firing. I cry for the lost lives of children. I mourn for the shredded
innocence gone forever from those who survive.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@topica.com

=======================================

Be first to learn of new job openings with leading
companies such as American Express, General Dynamics
and IBM. Subscribe for free by sending a new email to:
mailto:subsc-@adguide.com?subject=aecSUBSCRIBE

=======================================

Do you remember? Bronco Lane.

join again.

=======================================

Simply Tim: COMMUNITY COFFEE ONLINE!

Yesterday I reran a Simply Tim story entitled “Community Coffee”, in which I
lamented my physiological and psychological loss of a fine local Louisiana
coffee when I moved to Maryland. Last week I discovered Community Coffee had
established an ecommerce site, where I purchased my all time favorite
coffee: “In-between Roast” in the red bag. WHOA! This morning, as I write
this Simply Tim, I am happily sipping a cup of outstanding déjà-vu. For
those interested, the site is:

http://www.communitycoffee.com

Tomorrow I’m beginning a two week vacation in Florida, where I’ll be
visiting Mom, Dad, and yes— even my sister, Pat. I’m taking several pounds
of Community Coffee along for gifts, just in case Mom wants to make me some
really special coffee…

Reply to tl-@clark.net Please use story’s title in the subject area.

=======================================

-JOKES- -CARTOONS- -TRIVIA- -QUOTES- -INVESTMENTS-
-RECIPES- -FAMILY ISSUES- -YOUR HEALTH- -QUIZES-

List World is the place to go to get all the free
newsletters you want! Largest free site on the net!

=======================================

Do you remember?

If I Had A Hammer (The Hammer Song)
Peter, Paul & Mary

If I had a hammer,
I'd hammer in the morning,
I'd hammer in the evening,
All over this land,
I'd hammer out danger,
I'd hammer out a warning,
I'd hammer out love between,
My brothers and my sisters,
All over this land.

If I had a bell,
I'd ring it in the morning,
I'd ring it in the evening,
All over this land,
I'd ring out danger,
I'd ring out a warning,
I'd ring out love between,
My brothers and my sisters,
All over this land.

=======================================

*---FREE Fun & Fact Via Email -Register to WIN!---*
Sodamail has 17 FREE Fun and Fact Family email newsletters
* Humor * Crossword * Kids * Strange but True * Trivia *
* Family History * Nature * Women   * Recipes * Teens *

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.