Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Layered Onion Bake, 03-03-00  Recipe du Jour
 Mar 03, 2000 03:16 PST
=======================================
Volume 3      Number 54
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

       *** Do YOU need your own admin? ***
Try OfficeClick.com. A FREE web site designed just for
admins. From buying office supplies to coordinating
schedules, gathering research, and booking travel,
OfficeClick helps you do you everyday tasks faster & easier.
OfficeClick.com. It's like having your OWN assistant!
Check it out... http://www.OfficeClick.com/?MPC=0,806

=======================================

LAYERED ONION BAKE

2 cups Bisquick baking mix
1/2 cup cold water
1 (3 oz) French fried onions
1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
4 eggs
1 (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of onion soup
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper

Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 13- x 9- x 2-inch pan. Mix baking mix and
water until soft dough forms; beat vigorously 20 strokes. Pat dough in pan
with floured hands, pressing 1/2 inch up sides. Sprinkle 1 cup onions and 1
cup cheese over dough. Mix eggs, soup, salt, and pepper; pour over cheese
and onions. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until crust is golden
brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Crush remaining onions; sprinkle over top. Bake
until onions are golden brown and filling is set, about 5 minutes longer.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings.

Donate for free to the hunger site (and others) by visiting
http://www.twoscoops.com/giving.html

=======================================

             CHAT WITH REAL SOUND!

Get EXCITE voice chat and talk forever for FREE!
Talk to anyone around the world!
Create your own chat rooms!
Hold private conversations!
Talk up to 10 people at the same time!
        Forget the cost of long distance charges!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/chat.htm

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   There really are good people in this world. When the circus
was in town recently, my friend Danny took his 5-year-old son Daniel. Daniel
has Cerebral Palsy. As Danny pushed his son’s wheelchair into the arena, a
man walked by with a cup of coffee. “You’re running late,” he told Danny.
“Want to take the elevator?” Danny nodded. “Well, follow me,” the man said
as he cleared a path through the rush of people. “Watch out! Boiling water!”
shouted the man as he led Danny and Daniel through the crowd. He got them up
on the floor of the arena for the pre-show festivities, then escorted them
up to their seats. When he got them settled, he explained that he worked for
the circus and that his name was John. “Now, Daniel, I’ll be back in a
little while, but I’ll look different because I’ll have clown makeup on; but
it will still be me. Okay?” When he came back, he delighted everyone with
his antics and paid particular attention to Daniel. Then he went down and
performed. John drove a little car carrying the world’s smallest man. John
balanced a twelve foot wooden ladder on his chin. John, you see, was
actually John Weiss, one of the headliners with The Greatest Show On Earth.
Before the show was over, John paid another visit to Daniel. “You know what
I’m going to do?” he asked Daniel. “I’m going to get shot out of a canon. I’
m going to get shot out of a canon just for you. Okay?” And of course the
grand finale was John Weiss flying across the arena in a shower of sparks to
land in a net. John waved to the crowd and Daniel waved back, the happiest
child in the arena. There really are good people in this world.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

* * * * * * * * * * * The Daily Detour * * * * * * * * * * *
The Internet's Best G-Rated Interactive Humor Ezine. Learn
new Words and Facts, and play Trivia for Free Comedy CDs
Let us put a Chuckle in your Heart and a Smile on your Face
Preview at: http://www.humorhwy.com/DD.html or Join Now,
mailto:det-@humorhwy.com with Detour 4 Me in the subject.

=======================================

Do you remember? Leaded gasoline.

=======================================

Simply Tim: I, MUMBLER

Similar to someone who has just discovered they really *do* snore when
asleep, I recently realized I talk to myself out loud a great deal.
Certainly more than most people. Living alone and working out of my house,
this is not a particular problem. But when facing simple diversions such as
shopping for groceries on a not so deserted produce isle, or sipping a brew
alone on a barstool, I can see how this one sided discourse could be
construed by onlookers as somewhat disconcerting. “Pardon me, sir,”
commented one such an observer. “Are you aware you are carrying on a
conversation with yourself?” Scratching my head, I replied politely: “No,
not really--- the other guy never listens to me anyhow.”

Tim’s on vacation. Please hold off your email replies!
--Rich

=======================================

    ============COUNTRY   MUSIC   TIDBITS==============

Reba McEntire is the best-selling female country artist of the century.
She's won two GRAMMYS and countless CMA's, ACM's, People's Choice and
American Music Awards. She owns her own business. She stars in movies. She
tours the world. But there's still one thing she hasn't done. "I've never
baked a pie," Reba admits. Yes, it's true -- Reba's secret goal is to learn
how to cook. "I want to be a chef," she says. "I would like to go to
cooking school." Reba is somewhat ashamed that her culinary skills are
currently limited to cornbread, beans, fried potatoes and soup. "I can open
a can in a heartbeat, and pour it all in a pot together," she jokes. Aside
from cooking, Reba does have one other goal: she wants to sing with Bette
Midler. "I've said that in about a hundred interviews and she still hasn't
called," Reba laughs. "I'm about to give up on her."

COUNTRY MUSIC CLASSICS is a F R E E weekly newsletter all about classic
country music.
If you prefer Ray Price, Webb Pierce, Buck Owens and Jim Reeves--rather
than Shania or Garth--then subscribe by sending a blank email to:
Countryclassi-@topica.com
or go to our website at:
http://www.countrymusicclassics.com

=======================================

Do you remember?

The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
As sung by Reba McEntire
(Bobby Russell)

He was on his way home from Candletop
Been two weeks gone and he thought he'd stop
At Web's and have him a drink for he went home to her
Andy Wo-Lo said hello
He said "Hi what's a doing"
Wo said "Sit down I got some bad news that's gonna hurt"
Said I'm your best friend and you know that's right
But your young bride ain't home tonight
Since you been gone she's been seeing that Amos boy Seth
He got mad and he saw red
Andy said boy don't you lose your head
Cause to tell you the truth I've been with her myself

That's the night the lights went out in Georgia
That's the night that they hung an innocent man
Don't trust your soul to no back woods Southern lawyer
Cause the judge in the town's got bloodstains on his hand

Andy got scared and left the bar
Walking on home cause he didn't live far you see
Andy didn't have many friends and he just lost him one
Brother thought his wife must've left town
So he went home and finally found the only thing
Daddy had left him and that was a gun
He went off to Andy's house
Slipping through the back woods quiet as a mouse
Came upon some tracks too small for Andy to make

He looked through the screen at the back porch door
He saw Andy lying on the floor
In a puddle of blood and he started to shake

The Georgia patrol was making their rounds
So he fired a shot just to flag em down
And a big bellied sheriff grabbed his gun and said
"Why'd you do it?"

That's the night the lights went out in Georgia
That's the night that they hung an innocent man
Don't trust your soul to no back woods Southern lawyer
Cause the judge in the town's got bloodstains on his hand

They hung my brother before I could say
The tracks he saw while on his way
To Andy's house and back that night were mine
And his cheatin wife had never left town
And that's one body that'll be found
You see little sister don't miss when she aims her gun