Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Breakfast Bake, 03-06-00  Recipe du Jour
 Mar 06, 2000 12:34 PST
=======================================
Volume 3      Number 56
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

FREE!   FREE!   FREE! Sample of the World's Greatest Sauce
Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce
Do you like to Grill? Country Bob's!
Do you like Steaks? Country Bob's.
Do you like Hamburgers and Fries? Country Bob's.
Do you like to make baked beans and meat loaf? Country Bob's.
That's Right!!! Country Bob's is great on everything.
To get a FREE sample please go to www.countrybobs.com.

=======================================

                              BREAKFAST BAKE

2 3/4 cups regular rice -- uncooked
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese -- divided
12 slices bacon -- cooked, crumbled, and divided
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
   1/2 cup chili sauce
12 each eggs
1   each green pepper -- cut into 12 thinly sliced rings

Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt. Combine rice,
1-1/4 cups cheese, 1/2 cup crumbled bacon, tomato sauce, and chili sauce.
Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish; pat firmly. Make
12 2-inch wells in rice mixture using back of a spoon. Cover and bake at 350
degrees F. for 25 minutes. Remove from oven; break an egg into each well;
press a green pepper ring around each egg. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F.
for 30 minutes or until eggs are set. Top eggs with remaining cheese and
bacon; cover and let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Yield: 12
servings.

Per serving: 193 Calories (kcal); 14g Total Fat; (64% calories from fat);
13g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 212mg Cholesterol; 490mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1
1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates

Donate for free to the hunger site (and others) by visiting
http://www.twoscoops.com/giving.html

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   I’m so clever. We have about twelve pine trees bordering one
side of our yard. Every spring we face the dreary task of bagging pine
cones. Put on the gloves, bend over, pick up a pine cone, toss it in the
bag, bend over, pick up a pine cone, toss it in the bag, bend over. . . .
Over the years we’ve bribed neighborhood kids to bag them for us at 50 cents
a bag. They got smart. I finally taped a large nail to a broken broomstick,
but it wasn’t as efficient as I’d hoped. But yesterday I was at the pet
supply store getting Hershey some rawhide chews when I glanced over and
noticed the pooper scoopers. They had a spring-loaded model that jumped out
at me. “We can scoop pine cones,” they whispered. And they were on sale for
eleven dollars. I bought one. Wow! I can hold the scooper in one hand, pull
the lever, snatch a pine cone or two, and deposit it in a plastic yard bag
without bending over, without having to wear gloves. I had thought about
buying one of those devices one uses to grab cans off of upper shelves, but
the pooper scooper is even better. “Hey, Bill,” I called to my neighbor.
“Like my pine cone scooper?” He looked at it and nodded thoughtfully. “Looks
like a pooper scooper to me,” he said. “It is, sort of,” I said, “but now it
’s a super-duper pine cone scooper,” I bragged. “Looks like a pooper scooper
to me,” he repeated. “It’s a super-dooper pine cone scooper,” I insisted.
“Whatever,” he said. I think he just didn’t want to admit how clever I was.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

     \    /             / funny stories, & hilarious jokes.
~^~^~^^`~^~^~^~^~~^~^~^~~^~^~      They're Free!

=======================================

Do you remember?   Defrosting the refrigerator and freezer.

=======================================

Tired of hearing, "Mom, what's for dinner?"... We have what you're
looking for! Thousands of recipes to search through, and a handy
little search button that finds what you're looking for. Lose your
favorite recipe? Send us a request, we'll help you find it.

=======================================

Simply Tim: OOPS

Last year I decided it was time to clean out my gutters. Being prone to
accomplish tasks in the least possible time yet in the most comfortable
manner, I elected to drag the mother of all hoses up the ladder to the roof,
where I began blasting out two years worth of crud. I liked that hose:
industrial grade, one inch thick, anti-kink, expensive and HEAVY. While
traversing the length of the first gutter on roof-side, the hose became
tangled. After an impatient tug, I heard a loud *CLANG*, the unmistakable
metallic TWANG of a toppled aluminum ladder.

I spent three foolish hours on that hot Wednesday vacation morning, on that
hot shadeless roof, at the end of my quiet, dead-end street, glaring down at
that fallen ladder, wishing for something cool to drink. Where are neighbors
when you need them? And what do you shout to them from a rooftop when you
finally get their attention? Eventually, my neighbor pulled into his
driveway. "Hey, Jim..." I shouted. "You got a second?"

“Sure,” he said grinning.

THIS summer I bought 'Gutter Helmet' covers and had them professionally
installed while Jim and I watched, sipping beer from our lawn chairs. I've
haven't used that ladder since.

Tim’s on vacation. Please hold off your email replies!
--Rich

=======================================

         Do You Need A Boost Of Daily Encouragement?
* Encouraging Stories - Uplifting Quotes - Up-Beat Humor *
The Motivational Mailer gives you a High-Octane Boost
that keeps you Inspired ALL DAY!
Mailto:motivational_ma-@topica.com
Or Visit http://www.self-worth.com

=======================================

Do you remember?

KEEP ON DANCIN'
The Gentrys

I keep on dancin' (keep on)
Keep on doin' the jerk right now
Shake it, shake it, baby
Come on & show me how you work

Yellin' in motion
Keep on doin' the locomotion, yeah
Don't worry, little babe
Shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it, yes!

CHORUS:
Keep on dancin' & a-prancin' (ah)
Keep on dancin' & a-prancin' (ah)
Keep on dancin' & a-prancin' (ah)

(organ solo)

(repeat whole song, but delete "right now" from line 2 of verse 1)

(organ solo, temporarily fading)

(repeat verse 1)

(repeat chorus & fade)

=======================================

WEBMASTERS - MAKE YOUR VISITORS LAFF AND COME BACK FOR MORE!
Add the Daily Joke to your site for FREE and it will
automatically update each day! Get the line of HTML code you
need, and subscribe to our humor newsletter, at

http://www.the-mouth.com/jokecode.html

=======================================

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.

The nutritional analysis given with some recipes is intended as a guide only
and, by no means, claims to be accurate.