Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Macaroni Chili, 03-07-00  Recipe du Jour
 Mar 07, 2000 02:40 PST
=======================================
Volume 3      Number 57
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

   FINALLY YOU can eat great tasting food without worrying about harmful
effects. New Kholesterol Blocker uses an ingenious slight variation in the
phytosterol molecule. Your body blocks and regulates cholesterol from
animal foods. Feel better, live longer while enjoying delicious foods that
immeasurably enrich your enjoyment of life. Now you can eat what you
want without feeling guilty. Click NOW
http://www.HealthierAlternatives.com/kholesterolblocker.html

=======================================

                              MACARONI CHILI

2 pounds lean ground beef
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 (28 oz) can tomatoes
4 cups tomato juice
2 cups onions -- chopped
3 cloves garlic -- minced
4 teaspoons salt -- or less to taste
2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 each bay leaf
1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans -- drained
1 cup sweet pickle -- chopped
2 cups elbow macaroni -- uncooked

In large pan or Dutch oven brown beef in oil, stirring frequently. Add
tomatoes, tomato juice, onion, garlic, 4 teaspoons salt (or less to taste),
and remaining seasonings. Simmer, covered, one hour; stir once or twice. Add
kidney beans and pickles. Uncover; cook 30 minutes longer, stirring
occasionally. Remove bay leaf. Cook macaroni according to package
directions; drain; combine with chili. Serve in bowls. Yield: 8 servings.

Per serving: 665 Calories (kcal); 30g Total Fat; (40% calories from fat);
36g Protein; 64g Carbohydrate; 85mg Cholesterol; 1816mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4
Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates

Donate for free to the hunger site (and others) by visiting
http://www.twoscoops.com/giving.html

=======================================

65% - 100% Grocery Discount/Rebate!
Limited To First 200 Who Register!
http://www.eliteteam.com/foodchain/janl/index.html
First Come, First Serve!

=======================================

Simply Tim: GLASSES FOR THE MASSES

It would seem at a time when technological marvels constantly accost us from
all directions, that it would not prove difficult to find a comfortable pair
of wire-rimmed eyeglasses. Seriously, well-engineered eyeglasses that do not
bind, pinch your nose, or leave ugly flesh-grooves roughly the size of the
Grand Canyon, imprinted on both sides of your head.

If technology can produce eyeglasses that can be twisted around your finger
or survive a nuclear disaster, why is it wire-framed eyeglasses still leave
ugly impressions permanently imbedded on soft facial tissues? For a long
time I though it was just me, but I’ve begun noticing other folks’ grooves
when they remove their eyeglasses for a hasty cleaning. (Grooves vary from
person to person, depending on how long they’ve tolerated the affliction.) I
then usually open a snappy conversation with a statement something like:
“Gee, I can’t help noticing those UGLY flesh-grooves roughly the size of the
Grand Canyon, imprinted across both sides of your head…”

To all wire-rimmed eyeglass wearers of the world: you are not alone!

Tim’s on vacation. Please hold off your email replies!
--Rich

=======================================

FEELING LUCKY?
Subscribe to CashPromotions Contest News.
Enter ourWeekly Sweepstakes to
WIN A FREE CARIBBEAN CRUISE VACATION
and our MILLION DOLLAR DRAWING.
mailto:ne-@cashpromotions.com?Subject=Subscribe-Contest_News

=======================================

Do you remember?   Only 3 TV channels.

=======================================

*------FREE Recipes 4 Learning Newsletter-----*
Join Merle O'brien in one of the web's best and messiest
family email newsletters! Fun recipes for the whole family
To join for FREE just send a blank email to:
    join-recipe-@gt.sodamail.com
*----------Get messy and join in!-----------*

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   I’ve mentioned before that Susan does public relations,
promotions, and publicity for Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey when
they come to town each year. One year they sent an advance magician. Susan
had to set up and escort him to various schools and activities to promote
the circus as well as the Reading Is Fundamental program for a few weeks
before the circus arrived. The magician had a trained rabbit. The rabbit’s
only trick was to bow its head, put its front paws together, and rapidly
move its lips as if praying. The magician got called out of town
unexpectedly and asked us to take care of his rabbit. Now I should mention
that at this time we had a dog named Kubla, short for Kubla Khan. We always
expected to get a second dog and call it Ollie (think about it: Kubla Khan
and Ollie). Kubla was half Dalmation and half Afgan, which meant that she
had long, long legs. Standing on her hind legs, Kubla was almost as tall as
Susan. The magician dropped off his rabbit and we put the cage up on top of
the hutch (no pun intended) in the dining room. A little later we put some
food in Kubla’s dish and called her. She didn’t come, so we went looking. We
found her in the dining room, standing on her hind legs, front paws and
snout just at the top of the hutch, sniffing and looking hungrily at the
rabbit. You guessed it: the rabbit sat with its front paws together, head
bent, eyes closed, mumbling a prayer as fast as its little lips would move.
We moved the cage to an even higher location. Prayers answered. . .for the
rabbit, not for the dog.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

FREE REPORT - "The Techniques I Used To Get 30,000 Visitors
To My Site In 30 Days" - when you subscribe to Be-Ahead!
Internet Marketing, a semi-weekly selection of articles,
tips and tactics showing how you can promote your site on a
low budget. Subscribe now and claim your FREE report at
http://www.51steps.com/

=======================================

Do you remember?

Do You Believe in Magic
Lovin' Spoonful

Do you believe in magic in a young girl's heart
How the music can free her, whenever it starts
And it's magic, if the music is groovy
It makes you feel happy like an old-time movie
I'll tell you about the magic, and it'll free your soul
But it's like trying to tell a stranger 'bout rock and roll

If you believe in magic don't bother to choose
If it's jug band music or rhythm and blues
Just go and listen it'll start with a smile
It won't wipe off your face no matter how hard you try
Your feet start tapping and you can't seem to find
How you got there, so just blow your mind

If you believe in magic, come along with me
We'll dance until morning 'til there's just you and me
And maybe, if the music is right
I'll meet you tomorrow, sort of late at night
And we'll go dancing, baby, then you'll see
How the magic's in the music and the music's in me

Yeah, do you believe in magic
Yeah, believe in the magic of a young girl's soul
Believe in the magic of rock and roll
Believe in the magic that can set you free
Ohh, talking 'bout magic

Do you believe like I believe Do you believe in magic
Do you believe like I believe Do you believe, believer
Do you believe like I believe Do you believe in magic
{Fade}

=======================================

Stop living the Dreams of others! If I could show you a way that you could
be truly successful and happy, would you be interested? Dream-Minder
has helped thousands of people just like you to discover, develop and LIVE
their
Life's dreams. You too can live your life with passion! *50% off until
tomorrow.*
Learn more at: http://www.dreamsalive.com/gh
Testimonials: mailto:dreamm-@getresponse.com

=======================================

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.

The nutritional analysis given with some recipes is intended as a guide only
and, by no means, claims to be accurate.