Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Light Vegetable-Cheese Linguine, 03-08-00  Recipe du Jour
 Mar 08, 2000 02:54 PST
=======================================
Volume 3      Number 58
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

~~~~~ http://www.dietingtips.com/index.cgi?5063 ~~~~~

Are YOU Ready For Summer And Bathing Suits?

LOSE WEIGHT LIKE CRAZY!!! Summer is just
around the corner! Lose Up to 30 lbs. in 30 days!
Out product is All natural and is Dr. recommended.
I lost 27 lbs. and 40 inches in just 5 weeks! Why
not you, too? See our incredible before and after pictures!!
Check out: http://www.dietingtips.com/index.cgi?5063

=======================================

                     LIGHT VEGETABLE-CHEESE LINGUINE

Vegetable cooking spray
4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms -- sliced
1/4 cup green onions -- sliced
1 cup fresh spinach -- torn
1 cup plum tomatoes -- seeded and diced
1/4 cup fresh parsley -- minced
2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
3 ounces linguine -- uncooked
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese -- freshly grated

Coat a large nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray; place over
medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms and green onions; sauté 3 minutes.
Add spinach, tomato, parsley, and chicken broth; cook 1 minute. Set aside
and keep warm. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and
fat; drain. Place pasta in a large bowl; add cheese, tossing well. Add
mushroom mixture and toss gently. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.

Per serving: 223 Calories (kcal); 3g Total Fat; (13% calories from fat); 11g
Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 6mg Cholesterol; 171mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat;
0 Other Carbohydrates

Donate for free to the hunger site (and others) by visiting
http://www.twoscoops.com/giving.html

=======================================

Do Tim a favor and subscribe to Tip du Jour:

Join the thousands who have discovered TIP DU JOUR
Household tips, computer tips, gardening tips, and more!
Delivered to you via email, FREE, five days a week
Simply send a blank email addressed to
tipdujour--@listbot.com

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   I am neither proud nor ashamed of my service in the Vietnam
conflict the same way I am neither proud nor ashamed of the things I did as
a child. If anything I view my time in Vietnam as a tremendous learning
experience, which I’m glad is over. I never had to kill anyone. I escaped,
without physical harm, the few close calls I experienced. I got to see a
foreign country as few have the opportunity to do. I “roughed it” for a year
of my life. In the retrospect that thirty years provides, I’m glad I went;
and am glad that my limited role was so passive. I wouldn’t recommend it for
everyone, though. I wouldn’t want my son to experience the same things I
experienced. Some of the most intense feelings I’ve ever felt came from
going to Vietnam. Now that I’m old enough to incorporate them into what goes
into being me, I wouldn’t trade them for the world. I’ve seen incredible
poverty, I’ve smelled a living jungle, I’ve feared imminent death, I’ve seen
circular rainbows following me, I’ve heard mortars and rockets thunk and
scream out of the night, I’ve felt a sniper’s bullet tumble past my ear, I’
ve learned the difference between bravery and cowardice, I’ve tasted life on
the edge of insanity, and I’ve returned home. . .a little more and a little
less inside than when I left. It’s taken me a lot of years to confess that I
am a man. For too long I clung to the belief that I was a child; and now I
find that to be a whole person, one must be both child and man, neither
proud nor ashamed of either.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

Tired of hearing, "Mom, what's for dinner?"... We have what you're
looking for! Thousands of recipes to search through, and a handy
little search button that finds what you're looking for. Lose your
favorite recipe? Send us a request, we'll help you find it.

=======================================

Do you remember?   Silver Saddle Cola.

=======================================

It's an iMac Attack! Win an iMac with digital video!

The Apple iMac DV comes with: 400MHz G3 Processor,
64MB Memory, 56K Modem, 10GB disk storage,
dual 400 Mbps FireWire ports, video editing software,
slot loading DVD drive, stereo speakers by Harman
Kardon, dual USB Ports, 10/100 Mbps Ethernet.
It CAN be yours! Enter today!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/imac.htm

=======================================

Simply Tim: THE SMART CLAPPER

The other day I visited a home where the owners had at least one light
fixture installed in every room that could be turned on and off by clapping
your hands twice. The fixture attachment is called “THE SMART CLAPPER”.
While sitting in the living room, my host suddenly reared back and let fly
with two loud claps. I thought he was chasing a mosquito. The lamp next to
the TV turned on as if by magic. “Neat, huh?” he gleamed proudly. Two more
claps and the light was extinguished. From somewhere in the kitchen I heard
a repeat performance of the hand clapping routine in preparation for the
hostess making coffee. Two more claps exploded from the kitchen. “Honey?” a
voice chimed. “My CLAPPER’S not working!” The host disappeared into the
kitchen and for several minutes a chorus of double claps echoed through the
apartment. The lamp above the television set went crazy. The bathroom light
turned on and off.

As I left that evening, walking down the apartment sidewalk, I could hear
loud muffled clapping behind closed doors growing fainter and fainter. A
street light suddenly turned on, casting an orange circle on the pavement.

“Naw,” I thought, and clapped twice loudly.

Tim’s on vacation. Please hold off your email replies!
--Rich

=======================================

FEELING LUCKY?
Subscribe to CashPromotions Contest News.
Enter ourWeekly Sweepstakes to
WIN A FREE CARIBBEAN CRUISE VACATION
and our MILLION DOLLAR DRAWING.
mailto:ne-@cashpromotions.com?Subject=Subscribe-Contest_News

=======================================

Do you remember?

I Can See Clearly Now
Jonnhy Nash

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It’s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day.

I think I can make it now, the pain is gone
All of the bad feelings have disappeared
Here is the rainbow I’ve been prayin’ for
It’s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day.

Look all around, there’s nothin’ but blue skies
Look straight ahead, nothin’ but blue skies

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It’s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day.

=======================================

Touch someone's heart, express your deepest thoughts or simply
share an emotion Prose'n'Poems is a wonderful list of the finest
thoughts and poetry Plus a positive Thought for the day
Send a blank email/ no subject to prosenpoems-@listbot.com
Check out our site!    http://www.jokesnstuff.net

=======================================

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.

The nutritional analysis given with some recipes is intended as a guide only
and, by no means, claims to be accurate.