Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Easy Pork Parmigiana, 03-13-00  Recipe du Jour
 Mar 13, 2000 02:47 PST
=======================================
Volume 3      Number 62
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

GET GREAT ART AT AFFORDABLE PRICES!
Whether you're shopping for your home or just the right
gift, Art.com is the place to start. Choose from thousands
of high quality, affordable prints and original fine art by
the greatest artists of all time. It's simple. It's fun. It's
affordable. Art doesn't get any more modern than this!
http://art.com/default.asp?adid=pennmedia3.9

AOL Users Click Here</a>

=======================================

                           EASY PORK PARMIGIANA

1 each large egg
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese -- grated
1/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
8 ounces pork tenderloin -- sliced 1-1/4-inch-thick
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup commercial spaghetti sauce
2 ounces Mozzarella cheese -- shredded

Combine egg and water; set aside. Combine Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs;
set aside. Place each piece of pork between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic
wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Dip
pork in egg mixture and dredge in crumb mixture. Cook pork slices in oil in
a large skillet over medium heat just until browned, turning once. Arrange
pork in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish; top with spaghetti
sauce. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25 minutes; top with Mozzarella cheese.
Bake 5 additional minutes. Yield: 4 servings.

Per serving: 203 Calories (kcal); 14g Total Fat; (63% calories from fat);
18g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 105mg Cholesterol; 150mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2
Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates

=======================================

Register for a chance to win $10,000 from JobsOnline!

Looking for a quick route up the corporate ladder?
JobsOnline is hiring an Honorary CEO for the month
of May 2000, complete with a monthly salary of $10,000!
JobsOnline is one of the Internet's leading sites for
      employment information and career resources.
Search our extensive database of job postings to make
your next career move. Offer expires April 24, 2000!
Register today and enter the Honorary CEO Sweepstakes!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/jobs1.htm

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   With the Bradford Pear trees billowing almost overnight, it
seemed, the forsythia could wait no longer and shot out their golden
blossoms. Hyacinth and crocus dot the yard in purple and blues and yellow.
The camellias exploded, blooms blasting open. The volleys have been fired.
Spring has declared war on winter; and I’m pleased to report that winter is
losing ground. Leaves are returning to the rose bushes. The pansies know
they will have to give way soon. The cowardly dogwoods are waiting until the
all-clear. Spring is arriving with a thousand buglers and I am glad.

=======================================

*CLEAN JOKES** **CLEAN JOKES** **CLEAN JOKES**
Jokes EveryDay will send you 3 clean jokes to your e-mail
daily. Sign up for FREE and join 50,000+ readers who already
enjoy it! To SIGN UP for FREE send a e-mail to:
mailto:join-joke-@lists.dundee.net
Or visit us at our website: http://www.jokeseveryday.com?a

=======================================

Do you remember?   Danish Go Rounds.

=======================================

Simply Tim: ELMER’S LAST FLIGHT

One of my shortest-lived toys was a small plastic airplane that was held
together with rubber bands. Dad brought it home one weekend, and we
assembled it together. When the “GLO-FUEL” engine was fastened to the nose,
it was ready to fly. A grinning pilot had been stenciled onto the cockpit. I
named him “Elmer”.

Dad and I laid out the airplane on an empty parking lot, behind one of the
Honest John missile foundries in Watertown Arsenal, Massachusetts. The
control lines stretched from the plane to a mechanical control handle about
fifty feet away. Dad offered the first pilot’s mission to me. “It’s okay if
you crash, Tim,” he laughed. “The rubber bands are designed so the plane
will just fall apart upon impact.”

“You go first, Dad. I’ll just WATCH!”

The engine cranked up on the third flip of the propeller. A simple
adjustment on the knurled throttle’s knob set the whine of the tiny motor to
a high pitched screech. As burned fuel smells swept over my numbed fingers,
I held Elmer’s airplane flush to the concrete. Dad ran over to the control
handle and motioned me to let go.

“Goodbye, Elmer,” I whispered.

Elmer took off smoothly, circling Dad at a ZILLION miles an hour. Around,
and around, and around sped Elmer and Dad. I could see Elmer’s grinning face
flash by in a blur with each pass. Elmer abruptly pulled back on the control
stick, shooting straight up into the sky. Just as abruptly, he then slammed
the stick forward, zooming straight DOWN towards the rushing pavement. Even
the rubber bands couldn’t save Elmer. He exploded in a burst of microscopic
pieces, followed by a sudden silence. I noticed Dad lying on the parking
lot, the control handle waving in the air. He was laughing and attempted to
sit upright. His head traced a series of circles in a slow oblong wobble.
“Dizzy!” he gasped. “I’m so DIZZY!”

Dad and I scraped up Elmer’s remains and buried him unceremoniously in a
nearby Dumpster. “Next time let’s fill up the fuel tank only half way,” I
suggested.

Tim’s on vacation. Please hold off your email replies!
--Rich

=======================================

Never Miss A Phone Call Again!
Dial-up Internet user? Single phone line?
Missing important calls?
Not any more - Pagoo Call Catcher(tm)
lets you surf the Internet for hours and
never miss a call. Click here for a FREE Trial!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/pagoo.htm OR

=======================================

Do you remember?

Spinning Wheel
Blood, Sweat & Tears
(D. Clayton-Thomas)

        What goes up must come down           [cowbell enters]
        Spinnin' wheel got to go 'round        [full drum kit enters]
        Talkin' 'bout your troubles it's a cryin' sin
        Ride a painted pony let the spinnin' wheel spin

        You got no money and you got no home
        Spinnin' wheel all alone
        Talkin' 'bout your troubles and you never learn
        Ride a painted pony let the spinnin' wheel turn

        Did you find the directing sign on the
        Straight and narrow highway
        Would you mind a reflecting sign
        Just let it shine within your mind
        And show you the colors that are real

        Someone is waiting just for you
        Spinnin' wheel, spinnin' true
        Drop all your troubles by the riverside
        [1: Catch a painted pony on the spinning wheel ride]
        [2: Ride a painted pony let the spinning wheel fly]

    \    /             /    funny stories, & hilarious jokes.
~^~^~^^`~^~^~^~^~~^~^~^~~^~^~     Join NOW!   They're Free!

=======================================

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.

only.