Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Slow Cooked German Short Ribs, 03-14-00  Recipe du Jour
 Mar 14, 2000 02:42 PST
=======================================
Volume 3      Number 63
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

http://ndet.collector-club.com/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=LadyHawke

         DISCOVER WHAT THE FBI KNOWS ABOUT YOU!

Net Detective 2000 is an amazing new tool that allows you
to find out EVERYTHING you ever wanted to know about
your friends, family, neighbors, employees, EVEN YOUR BOSS!
You can even check out YOURSELF. It is all completely legal,
and you can do it in the privacy of your own home without
anyone ever knowing. It's even better than hiring a private
investigator. IT'S AWESOME!!!
http://ndet.collector-club.com/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=LadyHawke

=======================================

                      SLOW COOKED GERMAN SHORT RIBS

3 1/2 pounds beef short ribs
2        tablespoons all-purpose flour
1        teaspoon salt
1/4     teaspoon ground black pepper
2        tablespoons shortening
2        medium onions -- sliced
1/2      cup dry red wine
1/2      cup chili sauce
3        tablespoons brown sugar
3        tablespoons vinegar
1        tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2      teaspoon dry mustard
1/2      teaspoon chili powder
2        tablespoons all-purpose flour

Coat short ribs in mixture of 2 tablespoons flour with salt and pepper. Melt
shortening in large skillet; add ribs and brown on all sides. Pour off
excess fat. In slow cooker, combine ribs, onions, wine, chili sauce, brown
sugar, vinegar,, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and chili powder. Cover and
cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Turn control to high. Thicken with 2
tablespoons flour that has been dissolved in a small amount of water. Cook
on high about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve over wide
noodles. Yield: 6 servings.

Per serving: 1138 Calories (kcal); 100g Total Fat; (80% calories from fat);
39g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 201mg Cholesterol; 532mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit;
14 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates

=======================================

   FINALLY YOU can eat great tasting food without worrying about harmful
effects. New Kholesterol Blocker uses an ingenious slight variation in the
phytosterol molecule. Your body blocks and regulates cholesterol from
animal foods. Feel better, live longer while enjoying delicious foods that
immeasurably enrich your enjoyment of life. Now you can eat what you
want without feeling guilty. Click NOW
http://www.HealthierAlternatives.com/kholesterolblocker.html

=======================================

Simply Tim: ROCKS

I’ve always admired rock gardens. So simple in design, zero maintenance, and
pure as the driven snow. Curious, I visited a garden center to check out the
price of a LARGE display stone. I fell in love with one that was perhaps
five feet long and four feet wide and three feet tall. I was told it weighed
several tons.

Okay. “How much?” I asked.

“Four hundred and seventy-five dollars,” replied the salesperson. She was
serious. “And that’s WITHOUT delivery,” she added.

Oh, well… so much for purity and simplicity.

Tim’s on vacation. Please hold off your email replies!
--Rich

=======================================

Do you remember?   Kimba the Lion.

=======================================

WIN at PetStore.com

If you have pets, you know what a big part of
your life and family they are. So why not spoil
them a little? Enter to win Pet Dreams
Sweepstakes, and you could buy your pets
every little thing their hearts desire.
One (1) selected winner will receive $1,000.00
of store credit to shop on-line at PetStore.com.
This offer expires 06/06/00.
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/pets.htm

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   I always carried bus schedules with me when I was young. We
didn’t have a car, so busses were our main sort of transportation after
walking and my famous red bike. I always tried to sit in the first seat by
the door so I could talk to the driver and watch where we were going. Mostly
I took the bus to school or out to my cousin Bobby’s. During the summer I
took the longer rides out to Pittman to see my aunts or to Clementon where I
swam all day and rode the rides of the amusement park at night. All the
drivers knew me by name and we filled each other in on what was going on in
our separate worlds. When we went to get my first bike, I remember taking
the bus to Western Auto. My grandmother and mother took the bus back, but I
had to follow on my new bike, pedaling furiously to keep up. When we arrived
home my rear end was sore, not being used to such things, so we taped a
throw pillow to the seat and I rode some more around the neighborhood,
waving at the busses that passed by.

=======================================

If you are one of the thousands of people who
racked up some hefty debt this past holiday season
you know how hard it can be to get your bills
under control. We have the answer!
Enter to win in the Debt Busters Sweepstakes!
One lucky winner will receive US$3,000.00 in the
form of a cashier's check to use towards
paying off their holiday or other debt.
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/debt.htm

=======================================

Do you remember?

Greenback Dollar

Artists: The Kingston Trio
Written by Hoyt Axton and Ken Ramsey

Some people say I'm a no-'count
Others say I'm no good
But I'm just a natural-born travelin' man
Doin' what I think I should, oh yeah
Doin' what I think I should

Refrain:
And I don't give a damn about a greenback-a dollar
Spend it fast as I can
For a wailin' song and a good guitar
The only things that I understand, poor boy
The only things that I understand

When I was a little baby
My mama said "Hey son,"
"Travel where you will and grow to be a man
and sing what must be sung, poor boy"
Sing what must be sung

Refrain

Now that I'm a grown man
I've traveled here and there
I've learned that a bottle of brandy and a song
The only ones who ever care, poor boy
The only ones who ever care

Refrain

Some people say I'm a no-'count
Others say I'm no good
But I'm just a natural-born travelin' man
Doin' what I think I should, oh yeah
Doin' what I think I should

Refrain:
And I don't give a damn about a greenback-a dollar
Spend it fast as I can
For a wailin' song and a good guitar
The only things that I understand, poor boy
The only things that I understand
The only things that I understand, poor boy
The only things that I understand

all from major news sources and tells you all about them!
mailto:bonehead--@egroups.com to join
or visit our web site at: http://bonehead.oddballs.com

=======================================

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.

only.