Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Leek and Potato Stew, 02-14-12  RDJ
 Feb 14, 2012 21:45 PST

_______________________________________
Volume 15      Number 25
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Leek and Potato Stew

2 bacon slices
3 cups chopped leek
4 1/2 cups chicken stock
4 cups cubed peeled Yukon gold potato
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until crisp. Add
leek; cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 3 minutes. Add stock,
potato, salt, and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes
or until potato is tender. Remove 1 cup potato with a slotted spoon;
place in a blender. Add 1/2 cup cooking liquid to blender; process until
smooth. Return puréed mixture to pan. Sprinkle with parsley. Makes 4
servings.

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
    Calories: 312
    Calories from fat: 26%
    Fat: 9.1g
    Saturated fat: 3.1g
    Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
    Protein: 13.4g
    Carbohydrate: 44.5g
    Fiber: 4.3g
    Cholesterol: 26mg
    Iron: 2.5mg
    Sodium: 686mg
    Calcium: 59mg
_______________________________________

Simply Tim: "The Stare"

To view today's Simply Tim feature, go to his blog spot:
http://simplytim.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/the-stare/
_______________________________________

Link of the Day:

MapQuest Gas Prices: Find the Lowest Gas Prices Near You
http://gasprices.mapquest.com/

"This site provides information on gas prices at more than 100,000
stations around the country, as well as the location of stations
offering diesel and alternative fuels, gas saving tips and more. Finding
gas stations online is one of the many place searches that users can
perform with MapQuest's renowned and comprehensive Points of Interest
database, which contains more than 15 million places."

from Caroline
_______________________________________

Off The Shelf

Have you tried a new product lately? Want to share your opinion with
others? This is your chance to review new grocery items. Name the
product. Say what it is. We ask that you be specific about the qualities
you like or dislike without getting “long-winded.” We also ask you to
mention your city and state (or country) because all new products aren’t
available everywhere and some are just in test markets. Please, no
direct marketing items.

Put OTS or Off The Shelf in the subject line and send to
ri-@recipedujour.com
___________________

1905 Horseradish sauce at Dollar Tree. Cost $1.00
Horseradish fans will love it. You can buy it by the case online and I
plan on it. I have it pinned in Pinterest. It is my newest favorite
thing.

Barb Brooker keep.mo-@gmail.com
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

Dance With Me Henry (Wallflower)
Georgia Gibbs 1955

(Hey baby, what do I have to do to make a hit with you?)

You gotta dance with me Henry (all right baby)
Dance with me Henry (don't mean maybe)
Rock with me Henry (any old time)
Talk to me Henry (don't change your mind)
Dance with me Henry (all right)
You better dance while the music goes on
Roll on, roll on, roll on

While the cats are ballin'
You better stop your stallin'
It's intermission in a minute
So you better get with it
Dance with me Henry
You better dance while the music goes on
Roll on, roll on, roll on

Oooooooo-wee
Henry, you ain't movin' me
You better feel that boogie beat
And get the lead out of your feet

You gotta dance with me Henry
Dance with me Henry
Rock with me Henry
Talk to me Henry
Dance with me Henry
You better dance while the music goes on

Roll roll roll
Roll roll roll
Rock rock rock
Rock rock rock
Roll roll roll
Roll on, roll on, roll on

Rock with me Henry (all right baby)
Dance with me Henry (don't mean maybe)
Rock with me Henry (any old time)
Dance with me Henry (don't change your mind)
Jump with me Henry (all right)

You better dance, dance
While the music goes on
Roll on