Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Barbecue Black Beans w/Rum, 04-30-12  RDJ
 Apr 30, 2012 20:57 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15      Number 82
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Barbecue Black Beans with Rum

5 ounces chorizo
1 cup diced onion
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup dark rum
1/4 cup prepared mustard
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
3 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained

Cook chorizo in a large saucepan over medium heat until browned,
stirring to crumble; drain and set aside. Add onion, garlic, and
jalapeños to pan; cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in
ketchup and remaining ingredients except beans; bring to a boil. Reduce
heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the chorizo
and beans; simmer for 1 hour over low heat, stirring occasionally. Makes
9 servings.

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
    Calories: 241
    Calories from fat: 19%
    Fat: 5.1g
    Saturated fat: 1.7g
    Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
    Protein: 10.4g
    Carbohydrate: 41.3g
    Fiber: 4.2g
    Cholesterol: 9mg
    Iron: 3.1mg
    Sodium: 562mg
    Calcium: 83mg
_______________________________________

Rich's Note:   My Mom

My mother is back in the hospital.

So I'm not much in the mood to be doing a note today.

Rich can be reached at ri-@recipedujour.com
_______________________________________

Link of the Day:

MovieClips
http://movieclips.com/

"MovieClips has movie trailers, previews, behind the scenes clips of
old, new and upcoming films. Find videos of your favorite actors,
actresses, scenes or watch clips of movies by producer, director or
cast."

from Caroline
_______________________________________

Simply Tim: "Insomnia"

To view today's Simply Tim feature, go to his blog spot:

http://simplytim.wordpress.com/2012/04/30/insomnia/
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

DANCING IN THE STREET
Martha and the Vandellas
Stevenson-Hunter-Gaye

Callin' out around the world
Are you ready for a brand new beat?
Summer's here and the time is right
For dancin' in the streets
They're dancin' in Chicago
Down in New Orleans
Up in New York City

All we need is music, sweet music
There'll be music everywhere
There'll be swingin', swayin' and records playin'
And dancin' in the streets

Oh, it doesn't matter what you wear
Just as long as you are there
So come on, every guy grab a girl
Everywhere around the world
There'll be dancin'
They're dancin' in the street

This is an invitation
Across the nation
A chance for the folks to meet
There'll be laughin' and singin' and music swingin'
And dancin' in the streets

Philadelphia, P.A. (Philadelphia, P.A.)
Baltimore and DC now (Baltimore and DC now)
Yeah don't forget the Motor City (can't forget the Motor City)

All we need is music, sweet music
There'll be music everywhere
There'll be swingin', swayin' and records playin'
And dancin' in the street, yeah

------ electric piano ------

Oh, it doesn't matter what you wear
Just as long as you are there
So come on, every guy grasp a girl
Everywhere around the world
There'll be dancin'
They're dancin' in the streets

Philadelphia, P.A. (Philadelphia, P.A.)
Baltimore and DC now (Baltimore and DC now)
Yeah don't forget the Motor City (can't forget the Motor City)
All the way down in L.A. California
Not to mention Halifax Nova Scotia

Manchester
Alexandria, Virginia, Virginia
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

ri-@recipedujour.com   Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!

to any and all family and friends.

only.

mailto:rdj-sub-@topica.com

resubscribe from your new address.

mailto:rdj-unsu-@topica.com

features are intended as entertainment only.

.