Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- South of the Border Potatoes, 05-01-12  RDJ
 May 01, 2012 19:59 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15      Number 83
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

South of the Border Potatoes

4 cups chopped peeled thin-skinned potatoes
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
About 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup sliced green onions
Salt
Tomato salsa
Nonfat sour cream

Place the potatoes and 1 1/2 cups water in a 12-inch nonstick frying
pan. Cover tightly with a lid or foil and bring to a boil over high
heat. Simmer over medium heat until the potatoes are tender when
pierced, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain the potatoes in a colander and wipe pan
clean.

To pan, add oil, chili powder, coriander, cumin, and garlic powder; stir
over medium-high heat for 30 seconds. Add potatoes, stir to coat, then
mix in tomatoes, 1/4 cup cilantro, and green onions. Over high heat,
occasionally turn mixture with a wide spatula until browned, 5 to 6
minutes. Season to taste with salt and sprinkle with a little more
cilantro. Offer salsa and sour cream to add to taste. Makes 4 servings.

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
    Calories: 159
    Calories from fat: 16%
    Protein: 3.7g
    Fat: 2.9g
    Saturated fat: 0.3g
    Carbohydrate: 31g
    Fiber: 3.5g
    Sodium: 24mg
    Cholesterol: 0.0mg
_______________________________________

Simply Tim: "Certain Prey"
To view today's Simply Tim feature, go to his blog spot:

http://simplytim.wordpress.com/2012/05/01/certain-prey/
_______________________________________

Link of the Day:

You can scroll up, sideways, etc. How well this church is kept up!
Amazing ceiling.

An Old Wooden Church in Poland / Wroclaw

Use the pointers to look all the way round the church, or the + sign to
zoom in - Its incredible.

http://zieba.wroclaw.pl/kpg/kps.html

from rsgrant
_______________________________________

Off The Shelf

Have you tried a new product lately? Want to share your opinion with
others? This is your chance to review new grocery items. Name the
product. Say what it is. We ask that you be specific about the qualities
you like or dislike without getting “long-winded.” We also ask you to
mention your city and state (or country) because all new products aren’t
available everywhere and some are just in test markets. Please, no
direct marketing items.

Put OTS or Off The Shelf in the subject line and send to
ri-@recipedujour.com
___________________

Harriet is right about the Fresh Takes by Kraft. It is so easy and you
can always find a coupon or on sale. I have tried almost all of the
flavors and love it. I just recently tried pork chops and it was pretty
good. Definitely a keeper!

Sherron from Georgia
___________________

I also like the Dollar Tree. As was mentioned the cards are great,word
search and cross word puzzle books, laundry items, food products,
shampoo, etc. Every time I go to town, that is first stop.

rambli-@yahoo.com
___________________

United Grocery has the Fresh Takes from Kraft for only $1 each. There
are 2 or 3 kind. Since I read the revue I'm going to go back & buy more
before they sell out! Thanks!

Jennifer
___________________

My new favorite cheese is from Boar's Head. It's "Three Pepper Colby
Jack". Nice and spicy (and HOT)!! I discovered it at Publix in Florida
while helping my mother in law. After coming home, I checked our local
deli/butcher, and they have it! Heaven!

Mary
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

DON'T THROW YOUR LOVE AWAY
The Searchers 1964
Jackson / Wisner

Don't throw your love away, no, no, no, no
Don't throw your love away
For you might need it someday

Don't throw your dreams away, no, no, no, no
Keep them another day
For you might need them someday

Lovers of today just throw their dreams away
And play at love
They give their love away
To anyone who'll say "I love you"

Don't throw your love away, no, no, no, no
Don't throw your love away
For you might need it someday

Lovers of today just throw their dreams away
And play at love
They give their love away
To anyone who'll say "I love you"

Go out and have your fun
You better have your fun with anyone
But don't throw your love away

Don't throw your love away, no, no, no, no
Don't throw your love away
For you might need it someday

Don't throw your love away, no, no, no, no
Don't throw your love away, yeah
_______________________________________

ri-@recipedujour.com   Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!