Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Confetti Pasta Salad, 05-09-12  RDJ
 May 09, 2012 21:17 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15       Number 90
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Confetti Pasta Salad

3/4 cup low-fat ranch dressing
1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1 teaspoon chopped fresh dillweed
2 cups uncooked small seashell macaroni
1 1/2 cups shelled green peas
1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
3/4 cup (3 ounces) cubed reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
Dillweed sprigs (optional)

Combine the ranch dressing, yogurt, and dillweed in a large bowl; stir
well, and set dressing mixture aside.

Cook macaroni in boiling water for 5 minutes. Add peas, and cook an
additional 3 minutes; drain well.

Add the macaroni mixture, bell peppers, and cheese cubes to dressing
mixture, tossing to coat. Cover and chill. Stir before serving. Garnish
with dillweed, if desired. Makes 6 servings.

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
    Calories: 204
    Calories from fat: 24%
    Fat: 5.4g
    Saturated fat: 2g
    Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
    Protein: 9.9g
    Carbohydrate: 28.6g
    Fiber: 2.5g
    Cholesterol: 10mg
    Iron: 1.7mg
    Sodium: 440mg
    Calcium: 178mg
_______________________________________

Rich's Note:   A Little Apprehension Goes A Long Way

Sometimes when Topica (our email service) schedules a weekend
maintenance event, it somehow ends up keeping us from sending out RDJ
and DDJ for a week or two.

Well, they've got one scheduled for this weekend and I am apprehensive.
I will think positive thoughts.

But, just in case you don't hear from us for a while – that's why.

On another note, towards the end of next week Susan and I will start
moving into our new apartment in Purcellville. I'm sure we'll be met by
cheering crowds.

Rich can be reached at ri-@recipedujour.com
______________________________________

Link of the Day:

LIFE - Your World in Pictures
http://www.life.com/

"LIFE.com represents the most amazing collection of professional
photography on the Web. With over 10 million photos from the legendary
archives of LIFE magazine and thousands more added every day."

from Caroline
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

I Believe
Frankie Laine 1953
The Bachelors 1964
Words and Music by Ervin Drake, Jimmy Shirl, Al Stillman, and Irvin
Graham

I believe for every drop of rain that falls a flower grows
I believe that somewhere in the darkest night a candle glows
I believe for everyone who goes astray someone will come to show the way
I believe, I believe

I believe above the storm the smallest prayer will still be heard
I believe that someone in the great somewhere hears every word
Every time I hear a newborn baby cry or touch a leaf or see the sky
Then I know why I believe

Every time I hear a newborn baby cry or touch a leaf or see the sky
Then I know why I believe (why I believe)
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

_______________________________________

ri-@recipedujour.com    Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” are © Copyright
2012 by Richard Rowand. All rights reserved worldwide. Feel free to
forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and all family and
friends.

only.

mailto:rdj-sub-@topica.com

resubscribe from your new address.