Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Mama's Chicken Stew, 08-02-12  RDJ
 Aug 02, 2012 21:37 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15      Number 135
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Mama's Chicken Stew

1 pound skinned, boned chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 pound skinned, boned chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
2 cups water
1 cup frozen small whole onions
1 cup (1/2-inch) sliced celery
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 (14 1/4-ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
2 cups halved mushrooms
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups frozen green peas

Combine first 14 ingredients in a large electric slow cooker. Cover with
lid, and cook on high-heat setting for 4 hours or until carrot is
tender. Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a
wire whisk until blended. Add cornstarch mixture and peas to slow
cooker; stir well. Cover and cook on high-heat setting an additional 30
minutes. Makes 8 servings.

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
    Calories: 257
    Calories from fat: 12%
    Fat: 3.5g
    Saturated fat: 0.8g
    Monounsaturated fat: 1g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
    Protein: 30.8g
    Carbohydrate: 25.1g
    Fiber: 2.8g
    Cholesterol: 78mg
    Iron: 3.2mg
    Sodium: 359mg
    Calcium: 83mg
_______________________________________

Link of the Day

Makers

I love this site so much that I almost don’t know where to begin talking
about it. I found it while looking for some information on Carol
Burnett, and then I discovered a treasure trove of videos from women of
all walks of life who have left an indelible impact on the world around
them.

These are fascinating women who have been interviewed about their life
experiences and asked really good questions to answer in their
interview. You’ll find women in government, politics, humanitarian
pursuits, fashion, theater, dance, sports, movies, science, television,
journalism and business. (And that’s just a few of the categories I
could think of to list.) I want to warn you that this site can be time
consuming because you may find yourself wrapped up in watching the
videos, I don’t want to say this site is a time waster because you’ll
leave it so enriched that it could never be a waste.

To look at all the videos you can pick from just select Browse and then
scroll down the page, or you can filter them by category, most viewed,
latest, and Simple selects. But perhaps the best advice I can give you
for navigation is to dive in (there are a ton of featured videos right
on the main page to check out), but if you want a fun way to view the
videos during your visit click Moments at the top. Then select from the
traits (you can pick more than one) that inspire you and then click go,
and it will present you with videos that embody those traits.

No matter how you choose to view them, dive, and enjoy the videos.

http://www.makers.com/browse

from Caroline
_______________________________________

Food For Thought

We’re interested in knowing what you read, think about, watch, and
listen to. This is a chance to share your thoughts with thousands of
Recipe du Jour readers, the same Good Neighbors who have shared their
favorite recipes with you over the years. Think of it as a conversation
with a friend over the backyard fence about the book you just finished,
the story you can’t forget, your favorite movie or television episode or
whatever.

Send your submissions to ri-@recipedujour.com with Food For Thought as
the subject. If you wish to include your email address, please do. Keep
your comments to under two hundred words, but don’t feel obligated to
write more than a few sentences. We also ask that you steer clear of
religion, politics, and products or services that you sell.

Depending on the number of submissions received, your offering might not
be posted until a later issue. Feedback is welcomed and encouraged.
Enjoy.
___________________

I've just finished reading a most fascinating book. 'National Park
Ranger: AKA Bleeding Green and Grey' by Greg Moss. True Story. He was a
protective ranger, which means he carried a gun. He was search and
rescue and many tales of adventure, humorous stories and deadly
consequences.

rambli-@yahoo.com
____________________

First let me tell you that I am not a big fan of actor, Christian Bale,
don't know why, I'm just not. I am also not a big fan of boxing movies,
but, I really enjoyed the movie "The Fighter", starring Christian Bale,
Mark Wahlberg, and Amy Adams. It is a docudrama about two brothers who
are professional boxers, one brother is trying to obtain the boxing
title, the other brother is just trying to help his brother achieve his
goal, and survive in his drug-filled world. It is a great flick and my
opinion of Christian Bale has changed, he gave a great performance. I
was also impressed by Mark Wahlberg's and Amy Adams's acting chops. It
is really a great film, I saw this movie through Netflix.

I also saw a 1996 film titled " The Last of the Dogmen" with Tom
Berenger and Barbara Hershey. Tom Berenger plays a bounty hunter who
searches the Rockies for three escaped prisoners, and what he finds in
the Rockies is a great surprise.

C. Boyer
_______________________________________

ri-@recipedujour.com   Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the