Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Russian Bean Salad, 08-08-12  RDJ
 Aug 08, 2012 05:51 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15       Number 140
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Russian Bean Salad

2 small tomatoes, each cut into 4 wedges
Cooking spray
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons low-salt chicken broth
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Dash of sugar
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
1 cup diced red onion
1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
1 (19-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, drained

Preheat oven to 350F.

Place tomato wedges on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly
coat tomatoes with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and
pepper. Bake at 350F for 1 hour.

Place tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon salt, vinegar, and next 5 ingredients
(vinegar through garlic) in a blender; process until smooth. Pour into a
bowl. Stir in 1 teaspoon cilantro; set aside.

Combine onion, bell pepper, cilantro, and beans in a bowl; stir well.
Add tomato mixture; toss well. Makes 10 servings.

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
    Calories: 124
    Calories from fat: 15%
    Fat: 2.1g
    Saturated fat: 0.3g
    Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
    Protein: 6.7g
    Carbohydrate: 20.9g
    Fiber: 3.3g
    Cholesterol: 0.0mg
    Iron: 2.4mg
    Sodium: 265mg
    Calcium: 35mg
_______________________________________

Rich's Note:   Oh, Man

I just found out that August 6th was “Wiggle Your Toes Day” and I missed
it.

Drat!

Rich can be reached at ri-@recipedujour.com
______________________________________

Link of the Day:

Do you have a hidden hobby? Share your passion with the world on Hobzy.

This website allows you to create a gallery of your creations and share
them with other hobbyists. Discover interesting and clever projects and
connect with the makers. If you like other people's hobbies, you can
follow your favorites. You'll have to create an account to view
collections. You can use your email address or sign in using Facebook or
Twitter.

http://hobzy.com/

from Wendy
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

KEEP ON DANCIN'
The Gentrys 1965

I keep on dancin' (keep on)
Keep on doin' the jerk right now
Shake it, shake it, baby
Come on & show me how you work

Yellin' in motion
Keep on doin' the locomotion, yeah
Don't worry, little babe
Shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it, yes!

CHORUS:
Keep on dancin' & a-prancin' (ah)
Keep on dancin' & a-prancin' (ah)
Keep on dancin' & a-prancin' (ah)

(organ solo)

(repeat whole song, but delete "right now" from line 2 of verse 1)

(organ solo, temporarily fading)

(repeat verse 1)

(repeat chorus & fade)
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

_______________________________________

ri-@recipedujour.com    Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” are © Copyright
2012 by Richard Rowand. All rights reserved worldwide. Feel free to
forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and all family and
friends.

only.

mailto:rdj-sub-@topica.com

resubscribe from your new address.