Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Mexican Meatballs, 08-13-12  RDJ
 Aug 14, 2012 07:05 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15      Number 144
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Mexican Meatballs

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
1 pound ground pork
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 large egg
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 16-ounce jar salsa

Heat oven to 400F.

Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large, preferably ovenproof skillet
over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 3
minutes. Add the garlic and jalapeño and cook for 1 minute. Remove from
heat; let cool.

In a large bowl, combine the pork, bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper,
cumin, and onion mixture. Shape into 12 meatballs.

Wipe out skillet, add the remaining oil, and heat over medium-high heat.
Brown the meatballs on all sides, about 7 minutes total.

If not using an ovenproof skillet, transfer the meatballs to a baking
dish. Pour the salsa over the top. Bake until cooked through, about 25
minutes. Makes 4 servings.

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
    Calories: 471
    Calories from fat: 63%
    Fat: 33g
    Saturated fat: 11g
    Cholesterol: 141mg
    Sodium: 1,709mg
    Carbohydrate: 18g
    Fiber: 2g
    Sugars: 14g
    Protein: 2g
_______________________________________

Rich's Note:   Wheatables

Normally I would have waited and given this review in a Tuesday Off The
Shelf offering, but the Keebler Wheatables Nut Crisps Crunchy Cashew
crackers are so bad I didn’t want you to waste your money on them.

Susan thought they were a new item. So did I. But it turns out they’ve
been around awhile. I probably overlooked them because I’m not a Keebler
fan at all, especially of their cracker products.

The crackers have a definite maple flavor to them. The texture is alien
to the tongue, sort of a cross between cardboard and felt. And if that
wasn’t enough, they left a slick coating on my teeth. The flavor of
cashews got lost somewhere between the maple and the cardboard. The
funny thing is that maple flavoring is not listed in the ingredients at
all.

As noted, I normally don’t like Keebler products, so take the above with
a grain of salt.

Rich can be reached at rrow-@gmail.com
_______________________________________

Link of the Day:

Got this video link from Cousin George in Texas.... My Dad would have
LOVED it.

I did, too. Airplanes, past and present. Pilots past and present.
Very well done, I thought.

http://www.youtube.com/v/RU1oB8sGyYM

from Wanda
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

The Last Time
The Rolling Stones 1965
Mick Jagger and Keith Richard

I've told you once and l've told you twice
You'd better listen to my advice
You don't try very hard to please me
With what you know it should be easy

Well this could be the last time
This could be the last time
Maybe the last time
I don't know

I'm sorry girl but I can't stay
Feeling like I do to-day
Staying here is too much sorrow
Guess I'll feel the same tomorrow

Well this could be the last time
This could be the last time
Maybe the last time
I don't know
Oh no

Well this could be the last time
This could be the last time
Maybe the last time
I don't know
Oh no

I've told you once and I've told you twice
Someone'll have to pay the price
Here's the chance to change your mind
I'll be gone a long long time

Well this could bethe last time
This could be the last time
Maybe the last time
I don't know
Oh no
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

rrow-@gmail.com    Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!

to any and all family and friends.

only.

mailto:rdj-sub-@topica.com

resubscribe from your new address.

mailto:rdj-unsu-@topica.com

features are intended as entertainment only.

.