Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Yakitori, 08-15-12  RDJ
 Aug 15, 2012 20:55 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15       Number 146
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Yakitori

1/4 cup sake (rice wine)
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 24 bite-sized pieces
5 green onions, each cut into 4 (2-inch) pieces
Cooking spray

Combine first 6 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook
until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 2 1/2 minutes). Remove from heat; cool.

Combine soy sauce mixture and the chicken. Cover and marinate in
refrigerator for 1 hour.

Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat.

Thread 6 chicken cubes and 5 green onion pieces alternately onto each of
4 (10-inch) skewers. Brush kebabs with the soy mixture. Coat pan with
cooking spray. Place kebabs in pan, and cook 4 minutes on each side or
until the chicken is done. Makes 4 servings.

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
    Calories: 172
    Calories from fat: 24%
    Fat: 4.5g
    Saturated fat: 1.1g
    Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
    Protein: 22.9g
    Carbohydrate: 6.7g
    Fiber: 0.3g
    Cholesterol: 94mg
    Iron: 1.5mg
    Sodium: 366mg
    Calcium: 19mg
_______________________________________

Rich's Note:   Did Ya Know? (gleaned from Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader)

“Worlds End State Park isn’t at the end of the world – it’s in
Pennsylvania.”

“Malayalam, spoken in India, is the only language whose name is a
palindrome.”

“Yackum was an 18th century slang word for cow dung.”

“No reporters or photographers have ever been allowed inside the Slinky
factory.”

“The average American eats 75 bananas per year.”

“$30 worth of popcorn kernels can be used to make $3,000 worth of
popcorn in a movie theater.”

Rich (who eats more than 75 bananas per year) can be reached at
rrow-@gmail.com
______________________________________

Link of the Day:

Can't get enough Draw Something?

The smartphone sensation is the number one game for iPhone and Android.

Draw-Something.com is a fan-operated website dedicate to all things
drawn and doodled. It offers the latest news, trends, tips and tricks to
turn you into a Draw Something guru.

If you've ever sketched a masterpiece in the game only to see it
disappear after the round is over, you can share and show it off. The
top drawings are updated and displayed on the front page.

http://www.draw-something.com/

from Wendy
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

The Midnight Special
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Music & Lyrics : Traditional - Arr. J.C. Fogerty

Well, you wake up in the mornin', you hear the work bell ring,
And they march you to the table to see the same old thing.
Ain't no food upon the table, and no pork up in the pan.
But you better not complain, boy, you get in trouble with the man.

Let the Midnight Special shine a light on me,
Let the Midnight Special shine a light on me,
Let the Midnight Special shine a light on me,
Let the Midnight Special shine a everlovin' light on me.

Yonder come miss Rosie, how in the world did you know?
By the way she wears her apron, and the clothes she wore.
Umbrella on her shoulder, piece of paper in her hand;
She come to see the gov'nor, she wants to free her man.

Let the Midnight Special shine a light on me,
Let the Midnight Special shine a light on me,
Let the Midnight Special shine a light on me,
Let the Midnight Special shine a everlovin' light on me.

If you're ever in Houston, well, you better do the right;
You better not gamble, there, you better not fight, at all
Or the sheriff will grab ya and the boys will bring you down.
The next thing you know, boy, Oh! You're prison bound.

Let the Midnight Special shine a light on me,
Let the Midnight Special shine a light on me,
Let the Midnight Special shine a light on me,
Let the Midnight Special shine a everlovin' light on me.

Let the Midnight Special shine a light on me,
Let the Midnight Special shine a light on me,
Let the Midnight Special shine a light on me,
Let the Midnight Special shine a everlovin' light on me.
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

_______________________________________

rrow-@gmail.com     Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” are © Copyright
2012 by Richard Rowand. All rights reserved worldwide. Feel free to
forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and all family and
friends.

only.

mailto:rdj-sub-@topica.com

resubscribe from your new address.