Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Spicy Jack Cheese Crisps, 08-23-12  RDJ
 Aug 23, 2012 20:59 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15      Number 153
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Spicy Jack Cheese Crisps

1/2 cup butter, softened
2 (8-ounce) blocks Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, shredded
2 cups flour
96 pecan halves

Beat softened butter and Monterey Jack cheese at medium speed with an
electric mixer until blended; add flour, beating until blended.

Divide dough into 3 equal portions; shape each portion into a 6-inch
log. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.

Cut each log into 32 (1/8-inch) slices, and place on ungreased baking
sheets. Gently press 1 pecan half into center of each wafer.

Bake, in batches, at 350F for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove crisps to wire
racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Makes 8 dozen.

(nutritional info not available)
_______________________________________

Link of the Day

Just received this from a friend and she swears is works... just like it
does with tomatoes! Dawn Wells is from the TV series Gilligan's Island!
:)

If you take the time to watch this, you will not only be glad you did,
but you will forward this to all your daughters, sisters, moms, any
cook. Just when you thought you knew everything about boiling potatoes.
. . .

To all who love making potato salad but hate peeling the boiled
potatoes, here is the solution for easy peeling. This will BLOW your
mind. Well, we do learn something new every day.

I wish I had known about this thirty years ago. Peeling the cooked
potato was the least desirable part in making a potato salad. Enjoy.
It works.

from Barbara
_______________________________________

Food For Thought

We’re interested in knowing what you read, think about, watch, and
listen to. This is a chance to share your thoughts with thousands of
Recipe du Jour readers, the same Good Neighbors who have shared their
favorite recipes with you over the years. Think of it as a conversation
with a friend over the backyard fence about the book you just finished,
the story you can’t forget, your favorite movie or television episode or
whatever.

Send your submissions to rrow-@gmail.com   with Food For Thought as
the subject. If you wish to include your email address, please do. Keep
your comments to under two hundred words, but don’t feel obligated to
write more than a few sentences. We also ask that you steer clear of
religion, politics, and products or services that you sell.

Depending on the number of submissions received, your offering might not
be posted until a later issue. Feedback is welcomed and encouraged.
Enjoy.
___________________

. . .glad you mentioned "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader." Great series of
books! They do not need to be confined to the bathroom. It's a nice book
to have on the coffee table to pick up and read while waiting for the
seemingly endless TV commercials to end. (Although, the title is very
unglamorous.) The article are mostly short, shorter, and blips, and very
interruptible. It's a book you can pick up, put down, and just have
around.

Anne a-@voiceversatility.com
____________________

Gosh, I love the undo button. Actually, that’s not what I meant to say.
I meant to say, Vince Flynn fans rejoice! The latest Mitch Rapp thriller
was released in paperback this week. The title is Kill Shot.

Rich
_______________________________________

rrow-@gmail.com    Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!