Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Chicken and Lemon Salad, 08-30-12  RDJ
 Aug 30, 2012 15:38 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15      Number 159
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Grilled Chicken and Lemon Salad

    Chicken:
    3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
    1 teaspoon salt
    4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    Cooking spray

    Salad:
    1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
    1/2 cup red bell pepper strips
    1/2 cup yellow bell pepper strips
    1/2 cup (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
    1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    4 lemon wedges (optional)

To prepare chicken, combine the first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top
plastic bag. Add chicken to bag, and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator
1 hour, turning occasionally.

Prepare grill.

Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Place chicken on a grill rack
coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done.
Cool completely; cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.

To prepare salad, cook peas in boiling water 30 seconds. Drain, and
rinse with cold water. Drain. Combine peas and next 7 ingredients
(through black pepper) in a large bowl; add chicken, tossing to combine.
Place 1 3/4 cups chicken salad on each of 4 plates. Serve with lemon
wedges, if desired. Makes 4 servings.

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
    Calories: 259
    Calories from fat: 25%
    Fat: 7.1g
    Saturated fat: 1.2g
    Monounsaturated fat: 4g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
    Protein: 40.5g
    Carbohydrate: 5.3g
    Fiber: 0.8g
    Cholesterol: 99mg
    Iron: 1.5mg
    Sodium: 332mg
    Calcium: 35mg
_______________________________________

Simply Tim: "Lost Luggage, Last Men Standing"

To view this Simply Tim feature, go to his blog spot:
http://simplytim.wordpress.com/2012/08/28/lost-luggage-last-men-standing/

_______________________________________

Food For Thought

We’re interested in knowing what you read, think about, watch, and
listen to. This is a chance to share your thoughts with thousands of
Recipe du Jour readers, the same Good Neighbors who have shared their
favorite recipes with you over the years. Think of it as a conversation
with a friend over the backyard fence about the book you just finished,
the story you can’t forget, your favorite movie or television episode or
whatever.

Send your submissions to rrow-@gmail.com   with Food For Thought as
the subject. If you wish to include your email address, please do. Keep
your comments to under two hundred words, but don’t feel obligated to
write more than a few sentences. We also ask that you steer clear of
religion, politics, and products or services that you sell.

Depending on the number of submissions received, your offering might not
be posted until a later issue. Feedback is welcomed and encouraged.
Enjoy.
___________________

Debbie Macomber never fails to entertain and her latest, The Inn at Rose
Harbor, is no exception. A feel good, enjoyable story...loved the
characters and the little town of Cedar Cove. JoMarie is a young widow,
who decides to leave her job & life behind and move to a small town to
open a bed and breakfast. She and her B&B guests have interesting
background stories. Hated for this book to end BUT there will be a
sequel.

Summerland by Elin Hilderbrand is a more intense story but interesting.
The location: Nantucket. The story wends its way around 4 high school
friends and their parents & the tragedy that affects them all.

Lenoir/GA
____________________

There I was in my car at lunch time, reading Vince Flynn’s Kill Shot,
his latest Mitch Rapp novel. I was halfway through and loving it. I
turned the page and the book fell apart. The cover fell away and pages
from the second half just started sliding down. I gasped, scrambling to
keep them in order. Had I gone the Kindle route this would not have
happened. Hmmm. I have a Kindle. Maybe I should use it.

Rich
_______________________________________

rrow-@gmail.com    Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!