Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Awendaw, 09-05-12  RDJ
 Sep 05, 2012 07:11 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15       Number 163
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Awendaw

3 cups water
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup uncooked regular grits
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine
2 cups fat-free milk
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
Cooking spray

Bring water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually add
grits, stirring constantly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 25 minutes or
until thick, stirring occasionally.

Preheat oven to 375F.

Gradually add 1 cup hot grits to lightly beaten eggs and egg white in a
bowl, stirring mixture constantly with a whisk. Return egg mixture to
pan, stirring constantly with a whisk. Add the butter to mixture in pan,
stirring until melted. Stir in the milk and cornmeal, and remove from
heat. Pour batter into a 2-quart souffle dish coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 375F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until set. Makes 8 servings. A
great side dish for beef, chicken, or pork.

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
    Calories: 120
    Calories from fat: 29%
    Fat: 3.8g
    Saturated fat: 1.6g
    Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
    Protein: 6.4g
    Carbohydrate: 14.9g
    Fiber: 0.8g
    Cholesterol: 88mg
    Iron: 3.4mg
    Sodium: 421mg
    Calcium: 88mg
_______________________________________

Rich's Note:   Runway Approach

Ever see that television show, Shark Tank, where would-be entrepreneurs
try to convince millionaires to invest in their products, etc.?

Well, I have an idea. Boomers like us are starting to age. With age
comes a new emphasis on visits to the bathroom, especially during the
night. With age some of us aren’t always quite as alert as in years
past, especially during the night.

My idea to quickly get a focus on getting to the bathroom is “Runway
Approach”, a somewhat flexible runner, wider than a walker, with battery
operated LED lights along the edge to guide us to the wholey room. The
runner could be rolled up each morning and unrolled each night, but I
suspect it would be left in place.

Think of the advertising: But, wait, there’s more. If you’re one of the
first three million to order the “Runway Approach” you’ll also receive
“Bowl Bright”, a set of LED lights that installs under your toilet bowl
rim and takes the guesswork out of where that magic seat is when you
don’t want, or don’t have time, to turn on the overhead lights.

The millionaires are gonna beat a path to my door to invest in “Runway
Approach”.

Rich can be reached at rrow-@gmail.com
______________________________________

Link of the Day:

Genetics Home Reference
http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/

"Genetics Home Reference (GHR) provides free access to consumer-friendly
information on medical genetics to patients and their family members,
health care professionals, and the public. The site offers summaries for
a broad range of inherited conditions or disorders caused by gene
alterations."

from Caroline
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

Save Your Heart For Me
Gary Lewis and the Playboys 1965
Written by Gary Geld and Peter Udell

<instrumental with whistling>

Walk along the lake with someone new
Have yourself a summer fling or two
But remember I'm in love with you and
Save your heart for me

When the summer moon is on the rise
And you're dancin' under starlit skies
Please don't let stars get in your eyes, just
Save your heart for me

When you're all alone, far away from home
Someone's gonna flirt with you-ou
I won't think it's wrong if you play along
Just don't fall for someone new

When the autumn winds begin to blow
And the summertime is long ago
You'll be in my arms again I know, so
Save your heart for me
Darlin', save your heart for me

<brief instrumental with whistling-first two lines of a verse>

Please remember I'm in love with you so
Save your heart for me
Darlin', save your heart for me
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

_______________________________________

rrow-@gmail.com     Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” are © Copyright
2012 by Richard Rowand. All rights reserved worldwide. Feel free to
forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and all family and
friends.

only.

mailto:rdj-sub-@topica.com

resubscribe from your new address.