Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Easy Chicken Taco Casserole, 09-17-12  RDJ
 Sep 20, 2012 06:48 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15      Number 173
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Easy Chicken Taco Casserole

1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 (24 oz.) jar pasta sauce
9 (5-inch) corn tortillas
1 cup chopped cilantro
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack (8 oz.)
1 small tomato, sliced

Preheat oven to 400F. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place in a
small skillet and add cold water to cover. Bring to a simmer over
medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, turning once or
twice, until opaque and firm, about 10 minutes. Remove, let cool and cut
into small pieces or shred. You should have about 3 cups cut-up chicken.

Spread one-third of sauce over bottom of a 7-by-11-inch baking dish.
Arrange 3 tortillas, slightly overlapping, on top. Sprinkle one-third of
chicken and cilantro over tortillas. Top with a third of cheese. Make
two more layers of sauce, tortillas, chicken, cilantro and cheese.
Arrange tomato on final layer of cheese. Cover with foil and bake until
bubbly, about 20 minutes. Remove foil and cook until top is lightly
browned, 10 minutes more. Makes 6 servings.

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
    Calories: 316
    Fat: 14g
    Saturated fat: 8g
    Protein: 37g
    Carbohydrate: 10g
    Fiber: 2g
    Cholesterol: 105mg
    Sodium: 092mg
_______________________________________

Rich's Note:   Lucky Me

I don’t get to see my granddaughter Anabelle often, but I’ve been
fortunate to get to see her two weekends in a row and my work schedule
has been such that I could actually spend some time with her.

Of course it’s put me behind on sending out RDJ, but that’s okay. She’s
worth it.

Rich can be reached at rrow-@gmail.com
_______________________________________

Link of the Day:

Radio-Locator
http://www.radio-locator.com/

"Welcome to Radio-Locator, the most comprehensive radio station search
engine on the internet. We have links to over 10,000 radio station web
pages and over 2500 audio streams from radio stations in the U.S. and
around the world. "

from Caroline
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

She's About a Mover
Sir Douglas Quintet 1965
Doug Sahm

Well, she was a-walkin' down the street, lookin' fine as she could be.
Hey, hey!
Well, she was a-walkin' down the street, lookin' fine as she could be.
Hey, hey!
Well, you have love and conversation,
Whoa, yeah, what I say!
Hey, hey!
She's about a mover.
She's about a mover.
She's about a mover.
She's about a mover.
Hey, hey, hey, hey,
What I say!
She's about a mover.
She's about a mover.
Well, you know I love you, baby.
Whoa, yeah, what I say!
Hey, hey!

Well, she strolled on up to me and said,
"Hey, big boy, what's your name?"
Hey, hey!
Well, she strolled on up to me and said,
"Hey, big boy, what's your name?"
Hey, hey!
Well, you know I love you, baby.
Whoa, yeah, what I say,
Hey, hey!
She's about a mover.
She's about a mover.
She's about a mover.
She's about a mover.
Hey, hey, hey, hey...
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

rrow-@gmail.com    Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!

to any and all family and friends.

only.

mailto:rdj-sub-@topica.com

resubscribe from your new address.

mailto:rdj-unsu-@topica.com

features are intended as entertainment only.

.