Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Red Chicken Chili, 10-10-12  RDJ
 Oct 11, 2012 03:08 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15       Number 192
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Red Chicken Chili

2 teaspoons olive oil
3 cups chopped onion
1/4 cup chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups chicken stock
1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
1 (14.5-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
3 cups diced cooked chicken
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat extra-sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream

Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 5
minutes. Add chili powder and next 4 ingredients (powder through
garlic); saute 30 seconds. Add Chicken Stock, beans, and tomatoes; bring
to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 30 minutes. Stir in
chicken; simmer 15 minutes. Serve with cheese and sour cream. Makes 8
servings.

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
    Calories: 280
    Calories from fat: 30%
    Fat: 9.2g
    Saturated fat: 3.3g
    Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
    Protein: 24.5g
    Carbohydrate: 26.6g
    Fiber: 5.4g
    Cholesterol: 54mg
    Iron: 3.6mg
    Sodium: 743mg
    Calcium: 150mg
_______________________________________

Rich's Note:   Piper

Piper is about a year and a half old. She’s a very happy child. Every
time I see her, every week or two, I give her some time to remember me
and she’s at the point where she now remembers quickly. We play
peek-a-boo (her favorite game) and I tickle her and we have a great
time. She’s an active child, always in motion and on the go. . .until I
pick her up.

When I pick her up, she immediately calms and nestles her chin into my
shoulder as if she has found the most comfortable spot in the world.
Luke and Katie can’t believe it. They say she doesn’t react that way
with anyone else. She stays that way, relaxed and content, until I put
her down or hand her off.

I can’t tell you how great she makes me feel.

Rich can be reached at rrow-@gmail.com
______________________________________

Link of the Day:

Merriam-Webster: Visual Dictionary Online
http://visual.merriam-webster.com/

"The Visual Dictionary is designed to help you find the right word at a
glance. Filled with stunning illustrations labeled with accurate
terminology in up to six languages, it is the ideal language-learning
and vocabulary dictionary for use at school, at home or at work."

from Caroline
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

96 Tears
? & The Mysterians 1966
Rudy Martinez

Too many teardrops for one heart to be cryin'
Too many teardrops for one heart to carry on
You're way on top now
Since you left me
You're always laughin'
Way down at me
But watch out now
I'm gonna get there
We'll be together
For just a little while
And then I'm gonna put you
Way down here
And you'll start cryin'
Ninety-six tears
Cry
Cry

And when the sun comes up
I'll be on top
You'll be way down there
Lookin' up
And I might wave
Come up here
But I don't see you
Wavin' now
I'm way down here
Wonderin' how
I'm gonna get you
But I know now
I'll just cry, cry, I'll just cry

Too many teardrops for one heart to be cryin'
Too many teardrops for one heart
To carry on
You're gonna cry ninety-six tears
You're gonna cry ninety-six tears
You're gonna cry cry, cry, cry, now
You're gonna cry cry, cry, cry
Ninety-six tears c'mon and lemme hear you cry, now
Ninety-six tears (whoo!)   I wanna hear you cry
Night and day, yeah, all night long
Uh-ninety-six tears    cry cry cry
C'mon baby, let me hear you cry now, all night long
Uh-ninety-six tears! Yeah! C'mon now
Uh-ninety-six tears!

[fade]
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

_______________________________________

rrow-@gmail.com     Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” are © Copyright
2012 by Richard Rowand. All rights reserved worldwide. Feel free to
forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and all family and
friends.

only.

mailto:rdj-sub-@topica.com

resubscribe from your new address.