Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Pasta w/Shrimp and Veggies, 10-22-12  RDJ
 Oct 22, 2012 21:20 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15      Number 202
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Three, Two, One:

_______________________________________

Pasta with Shrimp and Veggies

8 ounces bow-tie pasta
1/2 pound green beans, cut into 1 1/2-inch-long pieces
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
1 (7 oz.) can whole-kernel corn, drained
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper

Prepare pasta according to package directions; add green beans to pot 3
minutes before pasta will be ready.

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add shrimp
and return to a boil. Boil for 1 minute and then drain.

Combine shrimp, tomatoes and corn in a medium saucepan. Add olive oil
and season with salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a simmer over medium
heat. Cover, remove from heat and set aside until pasta and beans are
done.

Set aside 1 cup pasta cooking water and then drain pasta and beans. Toss
pasta and beans with shrimp mixture; if pasta looks dry, add reserved
water in 1/4-cup increments until desired consistency is reached. Season
with salt and pepper. Makes 4 servings.

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
    Calories: 459
    Fat: 11g
    Saturated fat: 0g
    Protein: 33g
    Carbohydrate: 60g
    Fiber: 6g
    Cholesterol: 172mg
    Sodium: 582mg
_______________________________________

Rich's Note:   As promised (or warned), we’re kicking off our annual
fund raiser this week and would really appreciate it if you can find it
in your heart to make a small donation. Where else can you get a recipe
sent to your email box every day with all kinds of interesting features
like Walt’s musings, links of the day, song lyrics from yesteryear, new
product reviews, suggested books to read, occasional columns from Tim,
and notes from my soap opera of a life? We bemuse and amuse you and
we’ve been doing it since 1998.

Many of you go all the way back to when we first started and I can’t
begin to tell you how humbled we are that you’ve stuck with us all these
years. Your words and gestures of kindness have helped get us through
some rough times, hardships, and illnesses and we thank you. There have
been times, as when Susan was battling breast cancer and then heart
surgery, when I thought we would have to shut down Recipe du Jour.
Through your support and understanding, though, we stumbled and shambled
our way through each crisis. We’re reasonably healthy now – just getting
older.

Anyway, all this rambling is to ask you again to please support us by
sending a check payable to "Richard Rowand" for any amount to: Richard
Rowand, PO Box 3385, Leesburg, VA 20177. Or use PAYPAL (
http://www.paypal.com ) and donate (via your account or their secure
credit card site) directly thru Rich's email address (
ri-@recipedujour.com ). Thank you.

Rich can be reached at ri-@recipedujour.com
_______________________________________

Link of the Day:

With so much attention on the presidential race, it's easy to forget
there are plenty of local, state and federal positions and ballot
measures that often have more direct impact on our day-to-day lives
than the president does.

You might not be as informed about local ballot initiatives and
candidates as you'd like. This site has election information based on
where you live. Just type in your home address and you can pull up a
mock ballot with tons of information on all the issues. There are plenty
of resources on polling times and places and handy guides to candidates'
positions and explanations of propositions.

http://www.vote411.org/

from Wendy
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

GO AWAY LITTLE GIRL
The Happenings 1966

Won't you go away little girl
Wish you wouldn't stay little girl
Won't you go away little girl ooh go away
Go away little girl go away little girl
I'm not supposed to be alone with you
Oh yes I know that your lips are sweet
But our lips must never meet
I belong to someone else and I must be true
Please go away little girl go away little girl
Go away little girl go away little girl
It's hurting me more each minute that you delay
When you are near me like this
You're much too hard to resist
So go away little girl before I beg you to stay
Won't you go away little girl wish you wouldn't stay little girl
Go away go away little girl go away
Go away little girl go away little girl
Go away little girl go away little girl
It's hurting me more each minute that we delay
When you are near me like this
You're much too hard to resist
So go away little girl go away little girl
Call it a day little girl
Please go away little girl before I beg you to stay (fading out)
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

rrow-@gmail.com    Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!

to any and all family and friends.

only.

mailto:rdj-sub-@topica.com

resubscribe from your new address.

mailto:rdj-unsu-@topica.com

features are intended as entertainment only.

.