Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
--> Chicken Stew, 01-21-00  Recipe du Jour
 Jan 21, 2000 03:00 PST

=======================================
Volume 3      Number 18
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

AN AMAZING NEW FREE DEBT REDUCTION PROGRAM!

* Slash your credit card interest rate down to zero!
* Cut your minimum monthly payments by 50%
* Instantly begin to IMPROVE YOUR CREDIT RATING
Sign up NOW for FREE & SAVE THOUSANDS on your debt and interest.

http://www.e-debtconsolidation.com/freeform.asp?refid=15026

AN AMAZING NEW FREE DEBT REDUCTION PROGRAM! </a>

=======================================

It’s plain and simple week at Recipe du Jour

CHICKEN STEW

3 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
4 small potatoes
1 large onion
2 tbs butter or margarine
2 carrots, sliced
2 celery stalks, sliced
1 (14-1/2 oz) can chicken broth
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp dried basil
1 tbs all-purpose flour
1/4 cup water
1 cup frozen small peas, thawed

Cut chicken and potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Cut onion into 8 wedges. Melt
butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook
until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add vegetables, broth, and
next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30
minutes. Combine flour and water, stirring until smooth; stir into stew.
Bring to a boil; boil. Stirring constantly, 1 minute or until mixture
thickens. Remove from heat; stir in peas. Yield: 4 servings.

Remember to visit the Hunger Site daily.
http://www.thehungersite.com
AOL users: <a href="http://www.thehungersite.com">AOL link</a>

=======================================

Print Real Coupons Directly
From Your Computer!
CoolSavings is the place for BIG savings from your
favorite stores, restaurants, and travel companies.
    You NEED to use them *now* more than ever!
Lifetime membership and unlimited use of
CoolSavings is FREE!
    Enroll now and join over 1 million smart shoppers.
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/cool.htm OR

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   After my new nonstick cookware, I think my favorite Christmas
present was the Misto that Susan gave me. What is a Misto, you ask? Ever use
Pam, the vegetable oil spray? Well, Misto is a pump action device that
allows you to use your own oil to do the same job. I loaded mine with a good
quality olive oil. When I need to “lightly grease” a casserole or cookie
sheet, I give the old Misto a few pumps and spray on olive oil. I’m thinking
of getting a few more: one for sesame oil, one for. . . . Well, I tend to
get carried away. It’s a neat device, though. I look forward to many years
of use with it.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

BIG MAC JOKES now comes in two flavors, regular and clean.
For "regular", see http://bigmacjokeattack.listbot.com, or
send a blank email to bigmacjokeatt-@listbot.com
For "clean", http://bigmaccleanjokeattac@listbot.com, or
a blank email to bigmaccleanjoke-@listbot.com

=======================================

Do you remember? Manual transmission on the column.

=======================================

CYBERSIS SAYS
Simply the BEST DAILY INTERACTIVE ADVICE
Ezine on the Web! Move over Ann and Abby! CYBERSIS is here!
FREE ADVICE about love, family, relationships, work, Life's lessons…
READER participation and feedback DAILY
Send blank email to: cybersissay-@listbot.com

=======================================

Simply Tim: FRIDAY FEEDBACK
JIGSAW PUZZLE

“Starting about 1931-32, during the depression, my father began
manufacturing jigsaw puzzles under the trade name "U-Nit Puzzles",
so-called because he featured all interlocking pieces, including the borders
(you could pick up a finished puzzle by the edges and hold it up vertically
without its coming apart). At one time he had 5 young people (including me)
cutting these beautiful thin plywood puzzles, stacked 3 at a time, featuring
geometric and object and people character pieces. He sold them to
Brentanno's, Womrath's, Wannamaker's -- even made 3 shipments to a large
department store (I've forgotten the name) in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; he
also sold them through a network of gift shops throughout NJ, PA, and NY
States. BUT, it was his RENTAL system I thought of when I read your puzzle
story. At least 1 out of 3 returned puzzles would have pieces missing -- or
chewed up by the family mutt! He and I learned to fashion replacement
pieces, pencil-tracing individual shapes, cutting them out on scrap wood
with paper pasted on, and then coloring them approximately like the
surrounding colors, using common art pencils. Slow and tedious, but it kept
many a damaged puzzles in service -- earning an income . . . Dad kept right
on making puzzles up to the time of his death in 1977. Nowadays , of course,
there are so many other ways to pass the time, puzzles, especially
finely-made ones like his, wouldn't have a chance..

Thanks for recalling a nice memory for me.”

You can reach Simply Tim at mailto:tl-@clark.net . Please place this story’
s title in the email subject area.

=======================================

GOT INFORMATION OVERLOAD?
LOOKING FOR THE LATEST SCOOP?
BriefMe is ready to help with free topical e-magazines.
Each weekly e-mail magazine arrives packed with news,
articles, and reviews written by expert editors.
BriefMe briefs you on what's hot!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/briefme.htm

=======================================

Do you remember?

YESTERDAY'S GONE
Chad & Jeremy
Written by David Stuart and Wendy Kidd

I loved you all the summer through
I thought I'd found my dream in you
For me you were the one
But that was yesterday and yesterday's gone

We walked together hand in hand
'cross miles and miles of golden sand
But now it's over and done
'cause that was yesterday and yesterday's gone

We had such happiness together
I can't believe it's gone forever

Wait 'til summer comes again
I hope that you'll remember when
Our love had just begun
I loved you yesterday and yesterday's gone

------ guitar solo ------

We had such happiness together
I can't believe it's gone forever

Wait 'til summer comes again
I hope that you'll remember when
Our love had just begun
I loved you yesterday and yesterday's gone
Yesterday's gone
Yesterday's gone
Yesterday's gone

=======================================

                 * Recipes      * Sweeps     * Freebies
o ___________ * Strange News * Poem-a-Day * Entertainment
/L|\_DayTips_/| * Trivia/Facts * Horoscopes * Health News
/> |___________| F R E E   ----->> http://www.daytips.com

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.