Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ - Easy Mashed Potatoes & Corn, 01-24-00  Recipe du Jour
 Jan 24, 2000 03:18 PST

=======================================
Volume 3      Number 20
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

GET A HEALTH & WELLNESS BOOK FREE!
GET A HEALTH & WELLNESS BOOK FREE FROM DOUBLEDAY BOOK CLUB
PLUS GET 4 MORE BOOKS FOR JUST $0.99. Click for details.
http://www.doubledaybookclub.com/mailing-c4-163_02_aa_06_324
       PLUS, JOIN TODAY & GET A FREE TOTE BAG!

AOL Users Click Here</a>

=======================================

EASY MASHED POTATOES AND CORN

1 (11 oz) can Green Giant Super Sweet Yellow and White Corn, undrained
2 cups milk
3 tbs butter or margarine
1/2 tsp salt, if desired
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
2 cups Hungry Jack Mashed Potato Flakes
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbs real bacon bits

In medium saucepan, combine corn, milk, margarine, salt and pepper; mix
well. Cook over medium heat until mixture is hot and bubbly. Remove from
heat. Stir in potato flakes and sour cream until well blended. Sprinkle with
Parmesan cheese and bacon bits. Yield: 4 to 8 servings.

(Three guesses where that recipe came from. I added some garlic powder too.
This was so good, I took the leftovers to work the next day. I had mashed
potatoes for lunch. -- Rich)

Remember to visit the Hunger Site daily.
http://www.thehungersite.com
AOL users: <a href="http://www.thehungersite.com">AOL link</a>

=======================================

We have a friend in New York City who has a FREE
newsletter with really witty humor and jokes; but
best of all are the weekly inspirations!

Joke du Jour is sometimes provocative, sometimes dry,
sometimes sexy -- but always FREE!!! It makes a great
companion piece to Recipe du Jour!

Join for FREE by sending a blank e-mail to:
subscribe--@lyris.enlist.com
Or surf over to the website:
http://www.1freeplace.com/cgi-bin/ads.cgi?ID=15&L=08

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   We had Cathy and Cindy (our exchange student friends from
Taiwan) over for dinner last night. During the holiday break they had
traveled to New York and Los Angeles and were kind enough to bring us
presents from their travels. One of the things we marveled over was the
wrapping. Cindy had decorated a package with tiny tissue paper roses that
she had proudly made herself. After dinner, during which we learned of each
other’s different holidays and traditions, we cleared the table and Cathy
and Cindy taught Susan and Molly how to make tiny paper roses and birds out
of paper and puffy stars out of clear straws. I think their parents did a
great job raising these girls; and I’m so glad we have gotten the chance to
know them.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

*CLEAN JOKES* Do you like good Clean jokes? Join one of the
best and *Cleanest* joke lists on the net! Sign up today and
start getting 3 CLEAN jokes everyday for free right to your
inbox! To join for FREE visit: http://www.jokeseveryday.com
also SEND A E-MAIL TO: join-joke-@lists.dundee.net

=======================================

Simply Tim: FIRST SNOWFALL

There’s something magical about the first snowfall of the year. Like
reminiscent smells and familiar yet forgotten tunes, the first sight of
falling snow sparks in me a strange childhood excitement. A couple of days
ago my area had a light dusting, not much, but enough to think: “Oh boy, no
work today!”, even though I work out of my home office. I stood at my patio
door and watched the mesmerizing snowflakes. Suddenly, I felt chilled. “Time
for a fire!” I exclaimed. A short while later I had the season’s first fire
crackling in my living room fireplace. Outside, the snow stopped, its
mission accomplished.

You can reach Simply Tim at mailto:tl-@clark.net . Please use story’s title
in the subject area.

=======================================

                 * Recipes      * Sweeps     * Freebies
o ___________ * Strange News * Poem-a-Day * Entertainment
/L|\_DayTips_/| * Trivia/Facts * Horoscopes * Health News
/> |___________| F R E E   ----->> http://www.daytips.com

=======================================

Do you remember?

Ahab, the Arab
Ray Stevens
Written by Ray Stevens

(intro: Arabian flute)

Let me tell you about Ahab the Arab
The sheik of the burning sand
He had emeralds and rubies just drippin' off 'a him
And a ring on every finger of his hand
He wore a big ol' turban wrapped around his head
And a scimitar by his side
And, every evenin', about midnight
He'd jump on his camel named Clyde, and ride

[Spoken] Silently through the night to the sultan's tent where he
                would secretly meet up with Fatima of the Seven Veils,
                swingingest grade "A" number one US choice dancer in
                the sultan's whole harem, 'cause, heh, him and her had
                a thing goin', you know, and they'd been carryin' on
                for some time now behind the sultan's back and you
                could hear him talk to his camel as he rode out across
the
                dunes, his voice would cut through the still night desert
                air and he'd say (imitate Arabic speech and finish with
"Sold! American)
                which is Arabic for, "Stop, Clyde!" and Clyde'd say,
(imitate camel
                sound), which is camel for, "What the heck did he say
anyway?"

Well, he brought that camel to a screechin' halt (verbal screeching sound)
In the rear of Fatima's tent
Jumped off Clyde, snuck around the corner
And into the tent he went.
There he saw Fatima layin' on a zebra skin rug
With
[Spoken in falsetto and possibly with female backups] "Rings on her fingers
and
   bells on her toes and a bone in her nose ho, ho."

[Spoken]   There she was, friends, lyin' there in all her radiant
                beauty, eating on a raisin, grape, apricot, pomegranate,
                bowl of chittlin's, two bananas, three Hershey bars,
                sipping on a RC co-cola listenin' to her transistor,
                watchin' the Grand Ole Opry on the tube, readin' a Mad
                magazine while she sung, "Does your chewing gum lose
                it's flavor?" Yeah, Ahab walked up to her and he say,
                (imitate Arabic speech), which is Arabic for "Let's twist
                again like we did last summer, baby.!!" Ha, ha, ha!!
               You know what I mean! Whew! She looked up at him from off the
rug,
                give him one of the sly looks,

She said (suggestive giggles, then outright laughter) "Crazy, crazy, crazy
baby!"

('round and around and around and around, and around and around and around)

Yeah, and that's the story 'bout Ahab the Arab
The sheik of the burnin' sand
Ahab the Arab, the swingin' sheik of the burnin' sand

=======================================

“Your mind can only hold one thought at a time. Make it a positive
and constructive one.” - Add positive perspective to your life with
FREE quotes, articles and short stories from Motivational-Messages.com.
mailto:motivationalmes-@listbot.com (daily)
mailto:inspirationwee-@listbot.com (weekly).

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.