Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ--North African Vegetable Soup, 01-27-00  Recipe du Jour
 Jan 27, 2000 03:50 PST

=======================================
Volume 3      Number 23
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

~~~~~~ http://www.oska.com/oska.pht?id=100320 ~~~~~

       **** ANIMATE YOUR PC ****

         (: FREE DOWNLOAD :)

      (: Go on. Have Some Fun. :)

=======================================

NORTH AFRICAN VEGETABLE SOUP

6 cups reduced sodium, defatted chicken broth
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup chopped leeks or onion
1 rib celery, chopped
1 small sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1 small zucchini, diced
1 large carrot, diced
1 (16 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt, or more to taste
2 tbs lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint or 1-1/2 tbs dried
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Bring broth to a simmer. Add all the other ingredients except the salt,
lemon juice, mint, and parsley. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the
remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes longer. Remove the cinnamon
stick. Yield: about 5 servings.

(from 1,000 Lowfat Recipes by Terry Blonder Golson)

Remember to visit the Hunger Site daily.
http://www.thehungersite.com
AOL users: <a href="http://www.thehungersite.com">AOL link</a>

=======================================

   LOSE WEIGHT fast and easy with gentle Pyuvate and Pyruvate
Accelerator. Feel better! Look younger! Your cloths will look great
on you. Pyruvate exists naturally in our bodies and new research indicates
it may be the most beneficial food supplement ever developed. You achieve
better endurance and energy while your body burns unwanted fat. Shed
pounds and keep them off!
Click NOW http://www.HealthierAlternatives.com/pyruvate.html

=======================================

Simply Tim: EMAIL FROM RICH

Dear Tim,

Generally speaking, I'm not an “appreciator” of haiku; but I'm not opposed
to those who do appreciate them, generally speaking.

Dear Rich,

Generally speaking:

One day far distant,
Enlightenment will waken
Your weary brain cells.

You can reach Simply Tim at mailto:tl-@clark.net . Please use story’s title
in the subject area.

=======================================

Kids, Parents and Teachers - Finding fun, educational sites on the Net
doesn't have to be a hassle! Join syndicated columnist Barbara
Feldman's FREE twice-weekly "Surfing the Net with Kids" newsletter.
Subscribe via mailto:joi-@surfnetkids.com or at her Web site:

=======================================

Do you remember? Wind-up watches.

=======================================

HELP SAVE A NEEDY CHILD'S LIFE...

that without your help may not survive. Your
support can provide vaccinations, basic medical
care, education and clothing. To receive a free
information package, or to make a donation or
to sponsor a child, please click here. Your
help really does make a difference in the lives
of children who have so little.
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/stc.htm

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   Ever have a teacher when you were in school who changed your
life? I was fortunate enough to have two. In eighth grade an English
teacher, named Ludwig Davis Smetana, grabbed me by the shirt-front, lifted
me using one hand, and slammed me against the blackboard. I had just thrown
an orange half that barely missed him as he entered the room. “You’re too
smart to act like these other delinquents,” he hissed as he held me against
the blackboard, my legs dangling in the air. This was at Pine Point Junior
High School in what was soon to be the ghetto of Camden, New Jersey. “Didn’t
you tell me you wanted to be a writer?” he asked through clenched teeth. I
nodded with a jerk of my head. “Then why aren’t you writing?” He let go of
my shirt. I dropped, my butt hit the chalk tray and I stumbled. Mr. Smetana
was the first teacher to criticize the little short stories and poems I
turned in for extra credit. The others had always figuratively patted my
head. Not Smetana. He showed me better ways to express myself. “Writing is a
craft,” he told me. “You must practice and build upon what you learn.” I was
thinking of him one night many, many years later. Remembering what town he
had lived in at the time, I called long distance information and tried
various Smetanas until I finally connected with one of his relatives. She
gave me his number and I called him. I told him how much he had meant to me
as a teacher and that I just wanted him to know what effect he had had on
me. He was very appreciative.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

           Shhh! -- Don't Tell! It's a Secret!
But if YOU want to be one of the Smart Ones
who get things done the Easy Way and Save
their Money while they're doing it, then visit the
following website.. But Remember..
        It's a Secret! ... So Don't Tell Anyone!!!
http://www.afreeplace.com/busn-rdj.htm

=======================================

Do you remember?

Kisses Sweeter Than Wine

Jimmie Rodgers
Words by Paul Campbell and Music by Huddie Ledbetter

Well, when I was a young man never been kissed
I got to thinkin' it over how much I had missed
So I got me a girl and I kissed her and then, and then
Oh, lordy, well I kissed 'er again

CHORUS
Because she had kisses sweeter than wine
She had, mmm, mmm, kisses sweeter than wine
(Sweeter than wine)

Well I asked her to marry and to be my sweet wife
I told her we'd be so happy for the rest of our life
I begged and I pleaded like a natural man
And then, whoops oh lordy, well she gave me her hand

CHORUS

Well we worked very hard both me and my wife
Workin' hand-in-hand to have a good life
We had corn in the field and wheat in the bin
And then, whoops oh lord, I was the father of twins

CHORUS

Well our children they numbered just about four
And they all had a sweetheart a'knockin' on the door
They all got married and they wouldn't hesitate
I was, whoops oh lord, the grandfather of eight

CHORUS

Well now that I'm old and I'm a'ready to go
I get to thinkin' what happened a long time ago
Had a lot of kids, a lot of trouble and pain
But then, whoops oh lordy, well I'd do it all again

Because she had kisses sweeter than wine
She had, mmm kisses sweeter than wine

=======================================

Do you want 5 star jokes without 4 letter words? Jokes that
you can tell co-workers, clients and members of the opposite
sex without a harassment suit? Buffalos-G- Jokes
Clean and Fresh. Visit http://www.buffalosjokes.com
or mailto:buffalos-g-jo-@egroups.com

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.