Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ--Slow Cooked Swiss Steak Supper, 01-31-00  Recipe du Jour
 Jan 31, 2000 03:00 PST

=======================================
Volume 3      Number 26
=======================================
RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

HELP SAVE A NEEDY CHILD'S LIFE...

that without your help may not survive. Your
support can provide vaccinations, basic medical
care, education and clothing. To receive a free
information package, or to make a donation or
to sponsor a child, please click here. Your
help really does make a difference in the lives
of children who have so little.
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/stc.htm

=======================================

SLOW COOKED SWISS STEAK SUPPER

1-1/2 lbs beef boneless round steak, cut into 6 serving pieces
1/2 tsp peppered seasoned salt
6 to 8 new potatoes, cut into fourths
1-1/2 cups baby-cut carrots
1 medium onion, sliced
1 can (14-1/2 oz) diced tomatoes with garlic, basil, and oregano, undrained
1 jar (12 oz) homestyle beef gravy
Chopped fresh parsley, if desired

Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
Sprinkle beef with seasoned salt. Cook in skillet 6 to 8 minutes, turning
once, until browned. Layer poatoes, carrots, beef, and onion in 4- to
5-quart slow cooker (Crock-Pot). Mix tomatoes and gravy; spoon over mixture
in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours or until
beef and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 6
servings.

=======================================

Shop till you drop in New York City!
                 Win $10,000 shopping spree!
Also included is Round trip airfare for two
and Hotel accommodation for 4 days/3 nights.
    Visit the Big Apple for the time of your life!
         This offer expires 02/15/2000!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/shopny.htm OR

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   Want to see a good movie? Go down to the video rental store
and get a copy of Simon Birch. I don’t know when this film came out or why
it wasn’t a hit, but it deserves an audience. Simon Birch is a film about
friendship and faith. It’s about two twelve-year-old boys in 1964, one of
whom is handicapped and believes he has been chosen by God to be a hero. I
don’t want to tell you anymore, because it would be to tell you too much.
You’ll just have to take my word for it. Molly brought the tape home last
night. I was going to watch the basketball game instead, but she and her
mother urged me to stay. I did, and I’m glad I did.

You can reach Rich at mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

Be first to learn of new job openings with leading
companies such as American Express, General Dynamics
and IBM. Subscribe for free by sending a new email to:
mailto:subsc-@adguide.com?subject=aecSUBSCRIBE

=======================================

Do you remember? Duncan yo-yo’s.

=======================================

GET 4 FREE OIL CHANGES ($100 VALUE!)

Simply try AutoVantage Gold for three months
for only $1.00 -- and get 4 FREE oil changes
plus a wide array of special auto services.ay!
http://www.1freeplace.com/rdj/av.htm OR

=======================================

Simply Tim: FEEL SHARP

Just about every Friday night (in the mid 50’s) I remember ending up at my
Grandmother’s house plopped down in front of a tiny television set watching
the Gillette Friday Night Fights. “Meme” was a diminutive woman who was a
first grade school teacher and our town’s church organist on Sundays. But on
Friday nights, look out--- she became an animated boxing referee. I can
still can hear the Gillette theme song playing in between the raucous rounds
where shadowy figures pursued and fine tuned their sport, while Meme cheered
them on and instilled in me a fine spectator’s appreciation for this
questionable art form while sipping iced tea. Eventually the “San Francisco
Bay Area Bombers” Roller Derby sensation replaced the boxing agenda at
Grandma’s house, but even so, I can’t help thinking about Meme every time a
boxing event is broadcast on Showtime…

You can reach Simply Tim at mailto:tl-@clark.net . Please use story’s title
in the subject area.

=======================================

FETCH THE BEST DEALS ON THE NET WITH
YOUR FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER "BARGAIN DOG"
The free customized newsletter reporting the
best deals, clearances and sales from leading
               online merchants.
http://www.1freeplace.com/rdj/bdog.htm

=======================================

Do you remember?

Short People
Randy Newman

Short People got no reason
Short People got no reason
Short People got no reason
To live

They got little hands
And little eyes
And they walk around
Tellin' great big lies
They got little noses
And tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes
On their nasty little fett

Well, I don't want no Short People
Don't want no Short People
Don't want no Short People
Round here

Short People are just the same
As you and I
(A Fool Such As I)
All men are brothers
Until the day they die
(It's A Wonderful World)

Short People got nobody
Short People got nobody
Short People got nobody
To love

They got little baby legs
And they stand so low
You got to pick 'em up
Just to say hello
They got little cars
That got beep, beep, beep
They got little voices
Goin' peep, peep, peep
They got grubby little fingers
And dirty little minds
They're gonna get you every time
Well, I don't want no Short People
Don't want no Short People
Don't want no Short People
'Round here

=======================================

*CLEAN JOKES* Do you like good Clean jokes? Join one of the
best and *Cleanest* joke lists on the net! Sign up today and
start getting 3 CLEAN jokes everyday for free right to your
inbox! To join for FREE visit: http://www.jokeseveryday.com
also SEND A E-MAIL TO: join-joke-@lists.dundee.net

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.