Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Rice and Bean Salad, 02-03-00  Recipe du Jour
 Feb 03, 2000 02:55 PST

=======================================
Volume 3      Number 29
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

WIN A LAPTOP!
It's like having a desktop computer in a portable,
7.76-pound package. Get outstanding performance,
up to a 15-inch display and incredible video in a thin,
light design. o Intel (R) Pentium III (R) Processor
o 500 MHZ   o 96 MB of memory   o 15 inch screen
o 12 Gb Hard Drive    o Modular 4X DVD-ROM Drive
o V.90 56K Cellular/Gobal Modem
Stop making compromises, Enter to win today!
This offer expires 02/15/2000!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/thin.htm

=======================================

RICE AND BEAN SALAD

1 (16 oz) can red kidney beans, drained
3 hard cooked eggs, chopped
1 cup cooked regular rice
1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing

Combine all ingredients; toss gently to mix. Cover and chill 1 to 2 hours.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings.

=======================================

NEED A PLAYMATE? WE CAN FIND ONE FOR YOU!
Whether you're looking for a partner for tennis, jogging,
working out, golfing, bicycling, camping, rollerblading,
antiquing... anything... even the love of your life,
SocialNet.com is the perfect place. Your FREE
SocialNet.com membership will allow you to meet
hundreds of people in your neighborhood and around
the country on the Internet's best matching service.
We're the best because our exclusive "SureMatch"
technology brings people together who are right for
each other! SocialNet.com is safe, secure, fun, and
100% FREE! No fees. No charges. No catches.
Just lots of great people. So if you're ready to meet
people you really click with, try us right now by clicking here.
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/play.htm OR

=======================================

Simply Tim: POSTAL DELIVERY

I just received the remnants of a letter delivered by the U.S. Postal
Service that arrived in a plastic Ziploc baggie. Inside was a scrap of torn
envelope with absolutely nothing on it other than my name, address, and a
portion of a cancelled postmark. Here is the first paragraph that was
printed on the back of the Ziploc: "Dear Postal Customer: We sincerely
regret the damage to your mail during handling by the Postal Service. We
hope this incident did not inconvenience you. We realize that your mail is
important to you and that you have every right to expect it to be delivered
in good condition." Hmmmm... I only hope the missing letter and return
address had nothing to do with The Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes.

You can reach Simply Tim at mailto:tl-@clark.net . Please use story’s title
in the subject area.

=======================================

The Daily Detour - Quickly becoming The Nets best Free
G-Rated interactive comedy newsletter. A word of the day,
witty humor, contests and today's Favorite Funny. Increase
your vocabulary, learn something new, start your day with a
smile. Preview now at: http://www.humorhwy.com/preview.html

=======================================

Do you remember? Life With Luigi?

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   After having watched the movie Diehard once a week for the
last 6 or 7 weeks, courtesy of the TNT network, I’ve come to the conclusion
that it’s a great movie. Okay, there’s some miscasting with regards to the
fat cop and the last scene involving the fat cop shooting the villain who
wouldn’t die is a bit hokey; but it’s still a good film. And the TV version
gets rid of all the really foul language. But Bruce Willis is a good actor,
the action is non-stop, and it draws the viewer in. Sometimes I get
disenchanted when Oscar time rolls around because films like Diehard don’t
win any major awards. It seems like the awards go to the “important” films
that I don’t usually care for, films that “mean” something. For instance, I
thought The English Patient was one of the most boring movies I ever saw. I
loved the camera work and the music in The Piano, but I kept falling asleep.
I guess the ultimate award is how a film does at the box office. . .or how
many times a month TNT shows it.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

PS Last week I mentioned how our exchange student friends from Taiwan
showed us how to make miniature paper roses. I asked Cindy if she could
provide instructions and she graciously complied. Keep in mind that English
is her second language. Click on the following link to view these
instructions. http://www.recipedujour.com/roses.htm

=======================================

      SIGN UP NOW TO WIN $1,000 CASH!

Receive FREE personalized, practical email
for all the important areas of your life: home,
family, car, wealth, entertainment, pets and more!
     Get FREE personal finance information!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/lm.htm OR

=======================================

Do you remember?

MAMA SAID
THE SHIRELLES

Mama said there'll be days like this,
There'll be days like this Mama said
(Mama said, mama said)
Mama said there'll be days like this,
There'll be days like this my Mama said
(Mama said, mama said)
I went walking the other day,
Everything was going fine,
I met a little boy named Billy Joe
And then I almost lost my mind
Mama said there'll be days like this,
There'll be days like this Mama said
(Mama said, mama said)
Mama said there'll be days like this,
There'll be days like this my Mama said
My eyes are wide open
But all that I can see is,
chapel bells are callin for everyone but-a me
but I don't worry cause
Mama said there'll be days like this,
There'll be days like this Mama said
(Mama said, mama said)
Mama said there'll be days like this,
There'll be days like this my Mama said
And then she said someone will look at me
like I'm looking at you one day,
then I might find
I don't want it any old way,
so I don't worry cause
Mama said there'll be days like this,
There'll be days like this Mama said
(Mama said, mama said)
Mama said there'll be days like this,
There'll be days like this my Mama said
Mama said, mama said
Hey! Don't you worry,
Mama said mama said
Hey! Don't you worory now.
Mama said mama said,
Hey! Hey!

=======================================

Are you hungry? Don't want to cook? View menus and order food online.
Over 11,000 Restaurants! http://alwaysfreegreetings.com/food.htm
Get a Free Email Address - http://alwaysfreegreetings.com/email.htm
Jokes on the net - http://alwaysfreegreetings.com/jokes.htm
Brought to you by http://alwaysfreegreetings.com

=======================================

Visit the Hunger Site daily.
http://www.thehungersite.com
AOL users: <a href="http://www.thehungersite.com">AOL link</a>

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.