Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Cheese and Beef Pie, 02-04-00  Recipe du Jour
 Feb 04, 2000 02:46 PST

=======================================
Volume 3      Number 30
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

=======================================

**WIN A TRIP for 2 to PARIS**

Zing a little love in February and you could WIN a trip for
two to Paris. Rekindle a relationship or make your lover
blush when you email an online ZingCard, a personalized
picture greeting. Zing today and you could win! Paris could
be just a click away    http://www.zing.com/z?e40c172z64

=======================================

CHEESE AND BEEF PIE

1-1/2 lbs ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilis, drained
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 egg, beaten
1-1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup dairy sour cream
1 (10 oz) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

Cook beef and onion in large skillet until meat is browned, stirring to
crumble. Drain off pan drippings; stir in tomato sauce, chilis, chili
powder, and garlic salt. Reduce heat, and cook, uncovered, over low heat 10
minutes, stirring occasionally; remove from heat. Combine egg, 1/2 cup
Cheddar cheese, and sour cream; mix well. Add to meat mixture, stirring
well; set aside. Separate each biscuit into two halves, making 20 biscuit
rounds. Press 10 rounds into a greased 8-inch baking dish. Top with meat
mixture. Cover with remaining biscuit rounds. Bake, uncovered, at 350
degrees F. for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese; bake an
additional 5 minutes. Yield: 6 to 8 servings.

=======================================

Emergency? Timely access to your medical
information via fax or web. Fast. Free. Secure.
FREE Personalized Emergency Medical Profile:
store & retrieve securely. You NEED to protect
yourself and your family from lack of knowledge
about your medical records.
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/md.htm OR

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   There is nothing in the world better for you than Cheetos.
They put hair on your chest and in your nostrils, I’m sure. They help build
strong bodies about 12-1/2 ways. They are as American as peanut butter and I
love them. Personally, I like the crunchy kind, but the puffy kind is okay
too, as are the ones shaped like tiger claws. If they ever come out with a
white Cheddar flavor, I could die and go to Heaven. My dream is to have a
bag of Cheetos that never emptied, a magic bag. I am always on the search
for recipes using Cheetos, but I never find any. Hasn’t anyone tried
wrapping Cheetos in prosciuto? What about baked stuffed Cheetos with
crabmeat or cream of Cheetos chowder? Hasn’t anyone in the world been so
bold as to give us Cheetos Oscar? I could go on. Maybe tomorrow I’ll make
some good old macaroni and cheese topped with Cheetos.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

Kids, Parents and Teachers - Finding fun, educational sites on the Net
doesn't have to be a hassle! Join syndicated columnist Barbara
Feldman's FREE twice-weekly "Surfing the Net with Kids" newsletter.
Subscribe via mailto:joi-@surfnetkids.com or at her Web site:

=======================================

Do you remember? The Galaxy. . .Captain Video’s spaceship.

=======================================

MyCoupons.com -- organize your coupon and freebie email
into one easy to use FREE web based email account.
     Participate in our interactive My ShoppingBoards.
         Get important shopping tips and information.
          Locate all of the great coupons found online.
     Win FREE prizes. If you love coupons and freebies,
         you'll love MyCoupons.com. Sign up FREE!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/mc.htm OR

=======================================

Simply Tim: COLOR CODES

I once worked for an unmentioned large and sprawling corporation who decided
to send (us) middle management type planners off to a week long adjustment
seminar designed to eliminate wasted time from our daily routines. One whole
day was spent learning how to categorize, save, or discard incoming mail. We
received a training kit for this particular class: a box of paper clips, a
new stapler, and a package of stick-on red, yellow, and green dots. This is
not a joke.

In a nutshell, this is how we were trained to cope with inbox overload:

1 Skim read the memo.

2 If it sounds important, stick a GREEN dot on the corner and file it in the
GREEN inbox for two weeks.

3 If, in two weeks, you haven’t heard back from the memo’s originator,
replace the GREEN dot with a YELLOW one and put the memo in the YELLOW
inbox.

4 One week later, if the memo is still sitting in the YELLOW box, remove the
memo and replace the YELLOW dot with a RED one. Then put the memo in the RED
inbox.

5 If, in two days, you haven’t heard back from the memo’s originator, place
the memo in the trash can.

About two years after this training session, this same unmentioned company
laid off some 720 employees, including (us) middle management type planners
as well as the entire television ratings department. Two days before the
dreaded “last day” rolled around, us soon to be jobless planners began
wearing RED dots on our foreheads.

You can reach Simply Tim at mailto:tl-@clark.net . Please use story’s title
in the subject area.

=======================================

It's Friday night, you're tired. What's the last thing
you want to do? Cook dinner? Go out and wait
an hour for a table at a crowded, noisy restaurant?
Why not enter the TGIF Sweepstakes and win
dinner and a movie every Friday night for the next year.
What do you have to lose? Enter NOW!
This offer expires 02/15/2000!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/tgif.htm

=======================================

Do you remember?

Eye Of The Tiger
Survivor

Risin' up, back on the street
Took my time, took my chances
Went the distance
Now I'm back on my feet
Just a man and his will to survive

So many times, it happened too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

1-It's the eye of the tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge
Of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And his fortune must always be
Eye of the tiger

Face to face, out in the heat
Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
They stack the odds
Still we take to the street
For the kill with the skill to survive
(repeat 1)

Risin' up straight to the top
Had the guts, got the glory
Went the distance
Now I'm not gonna stop
Just a man and his will to survive
(repeat 1)

The eye of the tiger

=======================================

"The ships hung in the sky in much the
same way that bricks don't." -- Douglas Adams
http://www.doseme.com - The Galactic eZine Portal for Y2K!
FREE :) bonus: mailto:subscribe--@lists.doseme.com
Life's Great! See http://www.doseme.com for details!

=======================================

Visit the Hunger Site daily.
http://www.thehungersite.com
AOL users: <a href="http://www.thehungersite.com">AOL link</a>

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.