Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Rio Grande Pork Roast, 02-16-00  Recipe du Jour
 Feb 16, 2000 03:04 PST

=======================================
Volume 3      Number 40
=======================================

RECIPE DU JOUR
Free delicious recipes delivered daily via email.
Free, easy recipes, columns, and nostalgia.
For RdJ Petite, the “recipe only” version of this ezine,
send a blank email to petite-s-@topica.com

Encourage your family and friends to subscribe!

<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>

=======================================

RIO GRANDE PORK ROAST

1 (4 to 5 lb) boneless pork loin roast, rolled and tied
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 cup apple jelly
1 cup ketchup
2 tbs vinegar
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 cup crushed corn chips

Rub roast on all sides with salt, garlic salt, and 1/2 tsp chili powder.
Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert meat
thermometer into thickest part of roast, making sure thermometer does not
touch fat. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 2 hours or until thermometer registers
165 degrees F. Combine jelly, ketchup,, vinegar, and 1 tsp chili powder in a
small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 2
minutes. Brush roast with jelly mixture. Sprinkle with corn chips. Return to
oven; bake at 325 degrees F. for 10 to 15 minutes or until thermometer
registers 170 degrees F. Serve with sauce. Yield: 12 to 15 servings.

=======================================

eCoupons is the 1st site of its kind, offering savings
from local, national, and online retailers to consumers
around the clock. Our exclusive product offering,
comprehensive mix of retailers, and ease of use
keep consumers coming back to eCoupons before
they shop. We aim to make saving money
on the Internet easy, fun, and efficient!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/ec.htm OR

=======================================

Rich’s Note:   It seems like I’ve been afraid almost all my life. I remember
crouching beneath my desk at school during the air raid drills and
memorizing the locations of fallout shelters, even then knowing that hiding
under a desk wouldn’t do much in the case of nuclear attack. I remember
being afraid of bullies. Most of all, of course, I remember being afraid of
getting drafted and going to Vietnam. Then I was afraid I’d be stuck in the
infantry. Then I was afraid at the sound of each mortar or rocket that I
would be blown apart. As my time in Vietnam drew to a close, I was afraid
that something would happen in the final moments that would reek of irony. .
.death or disfigurement on my last day. I made it through all that and came
home. I met Susan and we married. Our children were born healthy despite my
fears for their wholeness. Now I worry and am afraid for their well-being.
These fears don’t consume me each and every day, but they are there. I’ve
learned to accept them.

To reach Rich, mailto:richr-@erols.com

=======================================

Never Miss A Phone Call Again!
Dial-up Internet user? Single phone line?
Missing important calls?
Not any more - Pagoo Call Catcher(tm)
lets you surf the Internet for hours and
never miss a call. Click here for a FREE Trial!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/pagoo.htm OR

=======================================

Do you remember? Madison High School.

=======================================

Simply Tim: LOOKIT

Mom passed the following story along to me in only the way very proud great
grandmothers can do. It seems my great nephew, Jime, recently discovered
that men and women have dissimilar upper anatomies, and he was curious as to
which one—mommy or daddy—he would most likely resemble when he got older.
Sometime soon after the private discussion, Jime paraded himself onto the
porch, lifted up his tee shirt, and exclaimed: “Lookit my nickels!”

Reply to tl-@clark.net Please use story’s title in the subject area.

=======================================

MEET THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE
                 AT RELATIONSHIPS.COM !
Your FREE relationships.com membership lets you
meet hundreds of people in your neighborhood and
around the country on the Internet's best dating service.
We're the best because our exclusive SureMatch
technology brings people together who are right for
each other! Relationships.com is safe, secure, fun,
and 100% Free. No fees. No charges. No catches.
So if you're ready to meet people you really click with,
         Try us right now!   Happy Dating!
http://www.afreeplace.com/rdj/sn.htm OR

=======================================

Do you remember?

Baby I Need Your Lovin'
Four Tops
(Holland, Dozier, Holland)

Baby I need your lovin'
Baby I need your lovin'

Although you're never near
Your voice I often hear
Another day, another night
I long to hold you tight
'Cause I'm so lonely

Baby, I need your lovin'
I got to have all your lovin'
Baby, I need your lovin'
Got to have all your lovin'

Some say it's a sign of weakness
For a man to beg
Then weak I'd rather be
If it means havin' you to keep
'Cause lately I've been losin' sleep

Baby, I need your lovin'
I got to have all your lovin'
Baby, I need your lovin'
Got to have all your lovin'

Empty nights
Echo your name
Sometimes I wonder
Will I ever be the same

Oh yeah, when you see me smile
You know
Things have gotten worse
Any smile you might see
Has all been rehearsed

Darlin', I can't go on without you
This emptiness won't let me live without you
This loneliness inside me darlin'
Makes me feel not alive, honey

Baby, I need your lovin'
I got to have all your lovin'
Baby, I need your lovin'
Got to have all your lovin'

Baby, I need your lovin'
I got to have all your lovin'
Baby, I need your lovin'
Got to have all your lovin'

=======================================

Many of you visit the Hunger Site on a daily basis and, with the simple
click of a mouse, donate food for the hungry, which is paid for by the
Hunger Site’s sponsors. This is a great way to do good and feel good at the
same time while it only costs you the time it takes to click your mouse.
Want to do even more? Well, our friend, Ray Whiting, has a page at his Two
Scoops site where you can click on the Hunger Site to donate food AND do the
same thing for the Red Cross, cancer research, and four other groups. We
urge you to visit this site daily to make your free donation. As we said, it
doesn’t cost you anything but a few moments of time to do a lot of good.

So please visit: http://www.twoscoops.com/giving.html

Don’t forget to visit the web site
(http://www.recipedujour.com/features.asp) and participate in the RdJ Recipe
Swap Talk message board: request recipes, share your favorites, help
someone, and make new friends. And please tell others about the unique
experience of Recipe du Jour.

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” and “Simply Tim”
are © Copyright 2000 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights reserved
worldwide. Feel free to forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and
all family and friends.