Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Upside-Down Tamale Pie, 02-03-12  RDJ
 Feb 03, 2012 12:06 PST

_______________________________________
Volume 15      Number 16
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Upside-Down Tamale Pie

1 pound ground round
1 1/2 cups bottled salsa
2 teaspoons salt-free barbecue rub
1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
1 (16-ounce) tube of polenta, diced
Cooking spray
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese

Place the beef in a 2-quart casserole. Cover with lid, and microwave at
HIGH 8 minutes, stirring after 4 minutes. Drain well. Combine beef,
salsa, rub, and beans in dish. Cover; microwave at HIGH 4 minutes or
until hot.

Place the polenta in a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Spoon
beef mixture on top of polenta, and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave
at high 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Uncover; sprinkle with
cheese. Makes 6 servings.

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
    Calories: 307
    Calories from fat: 26%
    Fat: 8.8g
    Saturated fat: 3.8g
    Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
    Protein: 28.4g
    Carbohydrate: 27.1g
    Fiber: 4.1g
    Cholesterol: 59mg
    Iron: 4.1mg
    Sodium: 668mg
    Calcium: 203mg
_______________________________________

Rich's Note:   Sorry

Had another glitch with Topica, our mail server, and was unable to send
any editions of any of our ezines for the last couple of weeks. Very
frustrating.

Rich can be reached at ri-@recipedujour.com
_______________________________________

Link of the Day:

Shop Goodwill
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/

"Shopgoodwill.com is the Goodwill's online auction site offering a wide
array of antiques, collectibles, books and much more--culled from
Goodwills vast inventory of donated goods. From unique one-of-a-kind
items to estate pieces, the depth of resources is enormous. Revenues
from auction sales fund education, job training and job placement
programs for people with disabilities and other disadvantages."

from Caroline
_______________________________________

Simply Tim: "The Future of Television"

To view today's Simply Tim feature, go to his blog spot:
http://simplytim.wordpress.com/2012/01/23/the-future-of-television/
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

HE'S A REBEL
The Crystals 1962

See the way he walks down the street
Watch the way he shuffles his feet
My, he holds his head up high
When he goes walking by
He's my guy

When he holds my hand I'm so proud
'Cause he's not just one of the crowd
My baby, oh he's the one
To try the things they've never done
Just because of that they say

CHORUS
He's a rebel and he'll never ever be any good
He's a rebel and he'll never ever be understood
And just because he doesn't do what everybody else does
That's no reason why I can't give him all my love
He is always good to me, always treats me tenderly
'Cause he's not a rebel, no no no
He's not a rebel, no no no, to me

INSTRUMENTAL

If they don't like him that way, they won't like me after today
I'll be standing right by his side, when they say

CHORUS
He's a rebel and he'll never ever be any good
He's a rebel 'cause he never ever does what he should
And just because he doesn't do what everybody else does
That's no reason why we can't share a love
He is always good to me, good to him I'll try to be
'Cause he's not a rebel, no no no
He's not a rebel, no no no, to me
(He's not a rebel, no no no
He's not a rebel, no no no
He's not a rebel, no no no
He's not a rebel, no no no)
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

ri-@recipedujour.com   Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!

to any and all family and friends.

only.

mailto:rdj-sub-@topica.com

resubscribe from your new address.

mailto:rdj-unsu-@topica.com

features are intended as entertainment only.

.