Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Macaroni Primavera, 02-06-12  RDJ
 Feb 07, 2012 20:47 PST

_______________________________________
Volume 15      Number 18
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Macaroni Primavera

4 quarts water
1 (8-ounce) package macaroni, uncooked
3 large carrots, scraped and sliced
2 cups fresh broccoli flowerets
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh yellow squash
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large Dutch oven; add macaroni, and
cook 4 minutes.

Add sliced carrot, and cook 2 minutes; add broccoli flowerets, and cook
2 minutes. Stir in squash, and cook 1 minute; drain.

Combine cottage cheese and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in
pasta mixture, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, and half of Cheddar cheese.
Spoon into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan
cheese and remaining Cheddar cheese.

Bake at 375F for 20 minutes, shielding with foil after 15 minutes to
prevent overbrowning if necessary. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

(nutritional info not available)
_______________________________________

Rich's Note:   Current News

Susan is in Minneapolis this week to be with Molly, who is having
surgery. I received a text this afternoon that the surgery went well.
It's one of those things that guys can't spell or pronounce and would
really rather not discuss.

I don't eat well when Susan is not around, mainly because I get home
from work and I'm just too tired to go to too much trouble. It's pretty
much frozen dinners, though tomorrow I might stop and get Chinese
take-out. Being tired, I also want to keep clean-up to a minimum.

My son Luke is trying to buy a small condo close by which he will rent
to us cheaply. Should it happen, we'll have a bit more independence and
a kitchen with a real stove and oven and sink. The down side is that
we'll be perpetually broke again, but we need to try.

The neat thing is that Susan has finally gotten to meet our grand
daughter Emily. We've Skyped, but it's not quite the same thing. Oh,
that condo we'll be renting? It has a second bedroom and we brought our
bunk beds from Virginia Beach. So if things work out, condo-wise, we'll
be able to have little visitors.

Rich can be reached at ri-@recipedujour.com
_______________________________________

Link of the Day:

Whether it's cute cats, playful dogs or more exotic animals, animal
videos are always fun to watch. British website itvWILD pulls animal
video clips from natural history documentaries and recent wildlife
programs where you can watch short clips or entire films.

Videos are organized by animal types such as Insects, Walruses or
Kangaroos. Finding your favorite animals is a cinch.

http://www.itvwild.com/

from Wendy
_______________________________________

Simply Tim: "Drummer"

To view today's Simply Tim feature, go to his blog spot:
http://simplytim.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/drummer/
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

Cupid
Sam Cooke 1961

Cupid draw back your bow
And let your arrow go
Straight to my lover's heart for me

Cupid please hear my cry
And let your arrow fly
Straight to my lover's heart for me

Now I don't mean to bother you but I'm in a mess
There's danger of me losing all of my happiness
For I love a girl who doesn't know I exist
And this you can fix

So...

Cupid draw back your bow
And let your arrow go
Straight to my lover's heart for me

Cupid please hear my cry
And let your arrow fly
Straight to my lover's heart for me

Cupid with your arrow make a love storm for me
I promise I will lover her until eternity
I know between the two of us her heart we can steal
Help me if you will

Cupid draw back your bow
And let your arrow go
Straight to my lover's heart for me

Cupid please hear my cry
And let your arrow fly
Straight to my lover's heart for me

Cupid, don't you hear me
Calling you
I need you
Cupid
Help me
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

ri-@recipedujour.com   Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!

to any and all family and friends.

only.

mailto:rdj-sub-@topica.com

resubscribe from your new address.

mailto:rdj-unsu-@topica.com

features are intended as entertainment only.

.