Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Hawaiian Beef Ribs, 08-27-12  RDJ
 Aug 27, 2012 16:33 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15      Number 156
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Hawaiian Beef Ribs

6 to 8 beef back ribs (6 to 7 in. each, 3 1/4 to 4 lb. total), cut apart
1/2 cup prepared teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
1 tablespoon prepared hoisin or char sui sauce
1 tablespoon prepared barbecue sauce or catsup
1/4 cup canned crushed pineapple
3/4 teaspoon hot chili flakes

Rinse beef ribs and pat dry. In a 1-gallon heavy plastic food bag or a
deep bowl, mix teriyaki sauce, rice wine, hoisin sauce, barbecue sauce,
pineapple, and hot chili flakes. Add ribs; seal bag and turn to coat
meat well, or turn ribs in bowl to coat and cover airtight. Chill at
least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.

If using a charcoal grill, mound and ignite 70 charcoal briquets on the
fire grate, with vents open. When coals are dotted with ash, in about 15
minutes, push equal portions to opposite sides of grate. Add 5 briquets
to each mound of coals.

If using a gas grill, turn heat to high, cover, and heat for 10 minutes.
Adjust gas burners for indirect heat (on each side of grill--none down
center); keep heat on high.

Set barbecue grill in place. Lay meat on grill, not directly over heat
(to avoid flare-ups). Cover barbecue; open vents for charcoal. Cook,
basting ribs occasionally with marinade the first 20 minutes and turning
as needed for even browning, until meat is rare (red in center of
thickest part; cut to test), 20 to 25 minutes total, or medium (pink in
center of thickest part; cut to test), 30 to 35 minutes total. If meat
is not as brown as you like, move over direct heat and turn frequently.
Transfer ribs to a platter or plates. Makes 4 servings.

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
    Calories: 576
    Calories from fat: 66%
    Protein: 35g
    Fat: 42g
    Saturated fat: 17g
    Carbohydrate: 11g
    Fiber: 0.2g
    Sodium: 1582mg
    Cholesterol: 121mg
_______________________________________

Rich's Note:   Back Up, Buddy

Like many others, I sometimes wonder why everyone doesn’t think like me,
use the same logic, suffer the same paranoias.

Take parking, for instance. It mystifies me why someone would back into
a shopping center parking slot. It’s more difficult and takes more time
to back into a parking slot than it is to simply pull forward into one.
Also, it’s easier to back out of a parking slot than to back into one
because of having more room to maneuver. Granted, being able to exit the
parking slot by driving forward is an advantage; but in my mind it
doesn’t outweigh the risks or hassle of backing in.

Another factor to consider is that one’s trunk or storage area is
generally in the rear of a vehicle, which makes it easier to access if
one pulls forward into a parking slot.

Okay, if one backs into a parking slot all the time, they presumably get
better with practice. I accept that. I just don’t buy the need to do it.

See why I’m loony? People backing into parking slots annoy me at some
level. I need to get a life.

Rich can be reached at rrow-@gmail.com
_______________________________________

Link of the Day:

Indeed: One Search - All Jobs
http://www.indeed.com/

"Click here to find millions of jobs from thousands of company web
sites, job boards and newspapers. One search. All jobs. Indeed."

from Caroline
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

Laugh Laugh
The Beau Brummels 1965
Words and Music by Ron Elliott

I hate to say it but I told you so, don't mind my preachin' to you
I said "don't trust 'em, baby" now you know
You don't know ev'rything there is to know in school.
Wouldn't believe me when I gave advice, I said that he was a tease
If you want help you better ask me now
So be sincere, convince me with a "pretty please"

Laugh, laugh, I thought I'd die
It seemed so funny to me
Laugh, laugh you met a guy who taught you how it feels to be
Lonely, oh so lonely

Don't think I'm bein' funny when I say you got just what you deserve
I can't help feeling you found out today
You thought you would, you could, you had a lot of nerve

Won't say I'm sorry for the things I said. I'm glad he packed up to go
You kept on braggin' he was yours instead
Found you don't know ev'rything there is to know

Laugh, laugh, I thought I'd die
It seemed so funny to me
Laugh, laugh you met a guy who taught you how it feels to be
Lonely, oh so lonely

<brief instrumental interlude>

Before I go I got to say one thing, don't close your ears to me
Take my advice and you find out that he
Is just another guy who'll cause you misery
Don't say you can't get any boy to call, do be so smug or else
You'll find you can't get any boy a'tall
You'll wind up an old lady sittin' on the shelf.

Laugh, laugh, I thought I'd die
It seemed so funny to me
Laugh, laugh you met a guy who taught you how it feels to be
Lonely, oh so lonely

Lonely, oh so lonely
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

rrow-@gmail.com    Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!

to any and all family and friends.

only.

mailto:rdj-sub-@topica.com

resubscribe from your new address.

mailto:rdj-unsu-@topica.com

features are intended as entertainment only.

.