Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Spicy Shrimp and Mango Salad, 08-29-12  RDJ
 Aug 29, 2012 07:06 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15       Number 158
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Spicy Shrimp and Mango Salad

1 pound (raw) large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails intact, if
desired)
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
2 teaspoons blackened-fish rub or Cajun seasoning
Cooking spray
8 cups packed torn Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
1 diced peeled avocado
1 diced peeled mango
3 tablespoons salsa or picante sauce
2 tablespoons mango chutney
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)

Prepare grill or broiler, or have a ridged grill pan ready to preheat.
Combine shrimp and bell pepper chunks in a medium bowl. Add fish rub or
Cajun seasoning; toss to coat lightly. Thread shrimp and bell pepper
(alternately) on metal or bamboo skewers (the latter presoaked in
water); coat with cooking spray.

Arrange lettuce, avocado, and mango on 4 large plates. Combine salsa,
chutney, and lime juice; mix well. (Salads and dressing can be prepared
up to 2 hours before serving; chill separately.)

Put shrimp skewers on medium-hot grill, under broiler 4 inches from
heat, or in grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook 3-4 minutes per side
or until shrimp are opaque. Remove shrimp and peppers from skewers;
arrange over salads. Drizzle salsa mixture over salads; top with
cilantro, if desired. Makes 4 servings.

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
    Calories: 257
    Fat: 9g
    Saturated fat: 1g
    Monounsaturated fat: 5g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
    Protein: 21g
    Carbohydrate: 26g
    Fiber: 6g
    Cholesterol: 168mg
    Iron: 5mg
    Sodium: 632mg
    Calcium: 90mg
_______________________________________

Rich's Note:   Back To “Back Up, Buddy”

I received so many responses to Monday’s note about backing into parking
slots that I gave up replying to them. I had no idea it was such a
volatile issue, but it seems to be.

Those who agreed with me tended to feel backer-inners were displaying
arrogant attitudes.

Those who backed into parking slots had a number of valid reasons for
doing so, such as being able to get away more quickly in the event of a
crisis situation or having to be towed.

I have to mention that there was an underlying resentment of pedestrians
in some of the emails I received. I have been sent thoughts on this
before and, being the casual observer of human behavior that I am, I
have indeed noticed that many pedestrians are just as arrogant and
clueless as many drivers.

Not me and you, of course. We’re better than that.

Rich can be reached at rrow-@gmail.com
______________________________________

Link of the Day:

Merriam-Webster: Visual Dictionary Online
http://visual.merriam-webster.com/

"Welcome to the Visual Dictionary Online, the dictionary with a new
point of view. A quick glance at the index is all it takes to connect
words with images. Explore the 15 major themes to access more than 6,000
images and see words like never before."

from Caroline
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

PAPA'S GOT A BRAND NEW BAG
James Brown 1965

Come here sister.....Papa's in the swing
He ain't too hip...about that new breed thing
He ain't no drag
Papa's got a brand new bag

Come here mama....and dig this crazy scene
He's not too fancy....but his mind is might clean
He ain't no drag.
Papa's got a brand new bag

He's doing the Jerk....
He's doing the Fly
Don't play him cheap 'cause you know he ain't shy
He's doing the Monkey, the Mashed Potatoes, Jump back Jack, See you
later
alligator.

Come here sister
Papa's in the swing
He ain't too hip now
but I can dig that new breed babe;
He ain't no drag
He's got a brand new bag

Oh papa! He's doing the Jerk
Papa...he's doing the Jerk
He's doing the twist ... just like this,
He's doing the Fly ev'ry day and ev'ry night
The thing's....like the Boomerang.
Hey....come on
Hey! Hey.....come on
Hey! Hey....he's up tight...out of sight...
Come on.   Hey! Hey!
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

_______________________________________

rrow-@gmail.com     Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” are © Copyright
2012 by Richard Rowand. All rights reserved worldwide. Feel free to
forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and all family and
friends.

only.

mailto:rdj-sub-@topica.com

resubscribe from your new address.