Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Banana Stuffed French Toast, 09-12-12  RDJ
 Sep 13, 2012 20:45 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15       Number 169
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Banana Stuffed French Toast

1 cup mashed ripe banana
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
4 (1-inch-thick) slices Italian bread
1 cup skim milk
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
4 large egg whites
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons margarine, divided
1/2 cup maple syrup

Combine banana and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir well; set aside.

Cut bread slices in half crosswise; cut a slit through cut sides of each
piece of bread to form a pocket. Stuff 2 tablespoons banana mixture into
pocket of each piece of bread.

Combine milk and next 6 ingredients (milk through eggs) in a large
shallow dish, and stir well with a whisk. Arrange stuffed bread pieces
in a single layer in dish, turning to coat. Cover and chill 45 minutes
or until milk mixture is absorbed, turning bread pieces over after 20
minutes.

Melt 1 teaspoon margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat;
add half of bread pieces. Cook 4 minutes. Carefully turn bread over;
cook 3 minutes or until browned. Repeat procedure with remaining
margarine and bread pieces. Serve with maple syrup. Makes 4 servings.

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
    Calories: 354
    Calories from fat: 13%
    Fat: 5.1g
    Saturated fat: 1.3g
    Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
    Protein: 12g
    Carbohydrate: 64.9g
    Fiber: 2.5g
    Cholesterol: 108mg
    Iron: 1.9mg
    Sodium: 321mg
    Calcium: 144mg
_______________________________________

Rich's Note:   Weave Some Wonder

I love Triscuits.

Maybe I should say I love woven wheat crackers because I’ve tried a
number of private label woven wheat crackers and found them all as
enjoyable as Triscuits. Fact is, I’d be hard pressed to tell the
difference in a blind test. After the marmalade and tea, there are
Triscuits.

Years ago I seem to remember someone in the industry telling that there
was only one facility in the United States with the capability of making
the woven wheat crackers. I took that to mean that all the private label
clones of Triscuits were actually Triscuits.

Naturally I thought that would make for an interesting note. So I
searched and I searched and could not find anything that supported my
faulty memory. I finally did find a mention of private label woven wheat
crackers being made in someplace like Kentucky. Maybe what I heard years
ago was true at the time, I don’t know. I grow old. I guess it doesn’t
matter in the scheme of things. It matters not at all.

In my searches I did, however, find a video performance of a love song
not to Prufrock, but to Triscuits.

Experience a love song to the Triscuit:
http://trendsettingaffiliatemarketing.com/weave-some-wonder.html/

Rich can be reached at rrow-@gmail.com
______________________________________

Link of the Day:

Looking to add some weight to your words? Vary your vocabulary? Leaven
your lexicon? Check out A.Word.A.Day.

True to its name, A.Word.A.Day will provide you with a brand new obscure
or interesting word every day. Each one has a pronunciation guide, a
definition, etymology and a sentence demonstrating its use. You can sign
up to receive the word of the day via email, or just peruse the site.

http://wordsmith.org/awad/index.html

from Wendy
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

Sunshine, Lollipops And Rainbows
Lesley Gore 1965

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together,
Brighter than a lucky penny,
When you're near the rain cloud disappears, dear,
And I feel so fine just to know that you are mine.

My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
That's how this refrain goes, so come on, join in everybody!

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
Everything that's wonderful is sure to come your way
When you're in love to stay.

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together,
Brighter than a lucky penny,
When you're near the rain cloud disappears, dear,
And I feel so fine just to know that you are mine.

My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
That's how this refrain goes, so come on, join in everybody!

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows,
Everything that's wonderful is sure to come your way
'Cause you're in love, you're in love,
And love is here to stay!
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

_______________________________________

rrow-@gmail.com     Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” are © Copyright
2012 by Richard Rowand. All rights reserved worldwide. Feel free to
forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and all family and
friends.

only.

mailto:rdj-sub-@topica.com

resubscribe from your new address.