Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Easy Vietnamese Pork Chops, 09-26-12  RDJ
 Sep 29, 2012 13:03 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15       Number 181
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Easy Vietnamese Pork Chops

4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons ground coriander
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 tablespoon bottled minced ginger
2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
Cooking spray
Sliced green onions (optional)

Lightly score a diamond pattern on both sides of pork. Combine sugar and
next 6 ingredients (sugar through garlic); rub evenly over pork.

Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high
heat. Add pork; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Garnish with
sliced green onions, if desired. Makes 4 servings.

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
    Calories: 199
    Calories from fat: 29%
    Fat: 6.4g
    Saturated fat: 2.1g
    Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
    Protein: 25.3g
    Carbohydrate: 9.2g
    Fiber: 1.1g
    Cholesterol: 62mg
    Iron: 1.4mg
    Sodium: 491mg
    Calcium: 42mg
_______________________________________

Rich's Note:   Moon River

As I write this I’ve just learned that Andy Williams lost his battle
with cancer and died Tuesday.

Andy was smooth.

You can’t mention Andy Williams without thinking about his signature
song “Moon River” and hearing it in your head. That’s not a bad legacy
at all.

Thank you, Andy, for “Moon River” and all the other great songs and the
wonderful entertainment you provided over the years.

Rich can be reached at rrow-@gmail.com
______________________________________

Link of the Day:

It's easy to while away hours in an immersive video game where even
tedious and difficult tasks can become fun and rewarding in a virtual
world.

So why is it often so difficult to focus the same effort and creativity
on real-life problems? Instead of battling King Koopa to save the
princess, why not battle bad habits to save your health?

That's the idea behind SuperBetter. It's an online game where the
quests, battles and alliances happen in the real world. It was created
by a video game designer who was trying to recover from a bad
concussion.

But it can be used to help you achieve almost any personal or
professional goal. There are preset "power packs" to help you get
started in the game. Or you can create your own quests, bad guys,
power-ups and achievements.

https://www.superbetter.com/

from Wendy
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

Moon River
Andy Williams
Words by Johnny Mercer and Music by Henry Mancini
from the movie "Breakfast At Tiffany's" starring Audrey Hepburn

Moon river, wider than a mile
I'm crossing you in style some day
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
Wherever you're goin', I'm goin' your way

Two drifters, off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after the same rainbow's end, waitin' 'round the bend
My huckleberry friend, Moon River, and me

(Moon river, wider than a mile)
(I'm crossin' you in style some day)
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
Wherever you're goin', I'm goin' your way

Two drifters, off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after that same rainbow's end, waitin' 'round the bend
My huckleberry friend, Moon River, and me

(Moon River, Moon River)
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

_______________________________________

rrow-@gmail.com     Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” are © Copyright
2012 by Richard Rowand. All rights reserved worldwide. Feel free to
forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and all family and
friends.

only.

mailto:rdj-sub-@topica.com

resubscribe from your new address.