Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Chicken, Pasta, and Mushroom Dish, 10-01-12  RDJ
 Oct 01, 2012 22:00 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15      Number 184
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Chicken, Pasta, and Mushroom Dish

1 tablespoon olive oil
8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup dry white wine
3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 bay leaves
2/3 cup 1% low-fat milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 cups hot cooked ziti or penne (about 1/2 pound uncooked tube-shaped
pasta)

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken;
sauté 5 minutes on each side. Remove from pan.

Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Return chicken
to pan. Add wine, broth, thyme, salt, and bay leaves; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Discard bay leaves.

Combine milk and flour, stirring with a whisk. Stir milk mixture into
pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes or until thick,
stirring often. Stir in pasta. Makes 4 servings.

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
    Calories: 474
    Calories from fat: 26%
    Fat: 13.6g
    Saturated fat: 3.2g
    Monounsaturated fat: 5.4g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g
    Protein: 51.3g
    Carbohydrate: 27.3g
    Fiber: 2g
    Cholesterol: 191mg
    Iron: 4mg
    Sodium: 536mg
    Calcium: 99mg
_______________________________________

Rich's Note:   Swiffer

I have to tell you I’m not overly impressed with Swiffer. It doesn’t
seem to me to be as labor saving and effective as claimed. I feel like I
get a better clean with a regular or sponge mop.

However.

I have a small kitchen and a small bathroom and a very small entrance
area that has linoleum. The rest of the apartment is carpeted.

So.

Rather than dig out a mop and bucket, I use the Swiffer, applying a lot
more elbow grease even after spot cleaning with a sponge.

All three floors with linoleum take me a combined ten minutes to clean.

Life is so hard.

Rich can be reached at rrow-@gmail.com
_______________________________________

Link of the Day:

Fun online jigsaw puzzles

National Geographic's Jigsaw Puzzle Generator offers several puzzle
sizes. Just choose Start a puzzle, then go to the Options menu. Choose a
large puzzle-piece size if you only have a few minutes.

The puzzle pictures are drawn from National Geographic's Your Shot.
There are already hundreds of great photos available, with more being
added every day.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/your-shot/jigsaw-puzzles

from Wendy
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

WILLOW WEEP FOR ME
Chad & Jeremy 1965
Ronell

Willow weep for me
Willow weep for me
Bend your branches green
Along the stream that runs to sea

Listen to my plea
Listen willow and weep for me

Gone my lover's dream
Lovely summer's dream
Gone and left me here
To weep my tears into the stream

Sad as I can be
Hear me willow and weep for me

Whisper to the wind
And say that love has sinned
Leave my heart a-breaking
And making a moan
Murmur to the night
To hide the starry light
So none will find me sighing
And crying all alone

Weepin' willow tree
Weep in sympathy
Bend your branches down
Along the ground and cover me

When the shadows fall
Bend oh willow and weep for me
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

rrow-@gmail.com    Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!

to any and all family and friends.

only.

mailto:rdj-sub-@topica.com

resubscribe from your new address.

mailto:rdj-unsu-@topica.com

features are intended as entertainment only.

.