Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Farmer's Baked Omelet, 10-03-12  RDJ
 Oct 03, 2012 05:11 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15       Number 186
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Farmer's Baked Omelet

12 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
6 small plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
8 ounces farmer cheese, shredded
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
Garnish: fresh basil leaves

Beat first 6 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 to 3
minutes or until well blended.

Melt butter in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet; add egg mixture.

Bake at 350F for 15 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with tomatoes,
cheese, and basil. Return to oven, and bake 15 to 20 more minutes or
until set. Garnish, if desired; serve immediately.

Note: Farmer cheese is a mild, part-skim, semisoft cheese available in
8-ounce rounds. Havarti or Monterey Jack cheese may be substituted.

Spinach, Cheddar, and Bacon Omelet: Substitute 1 (10-ounce) package
frozen, thawed, and well-drained chopped spinach for thyme. Omit farmer
cheese and fresh basil. Top with 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese and
1/2 cup cooked, crumbled bacon. Makes 10 servings.

(nutritional info not available)
_______________________________________

Rich's Note:   De Nada

I discovered a new used book store here in Purcellville. It’s called De
Nada Books and is much like the other used book shop here in that it’s
in an old house on a side street. This shop, though, seems to cater more
to men where the other (Around the Block Books) is run by and seems to
cater more to women.

The guy at De Nada has a pony tail and a scraggly beard. He’s wiry and
wears cowboy shirts and jeans and I get the impression he’d rather keep
reading than help customers; but he knows what books he has without
referring to a computer and can direct you to the proper shelf without
making eye contact. It adds to the ambiance.

Both book stores have signs that say they have coffee shops in the rear.
I haven’t checked them out yet, being satisfied to browse.

Years and years ago, my friend Walt and I had dreams of some day opening
a combination pub and book shop. This was years before we ever saw a
book store combined with anything else. Since then I’ve been to pub/book
stores and even bistro restaurants in book shops and, of course, there’s
Barnes and Noble. The two used book shops in Purcellville have easy
chairs in every room and the fact that they’re in old houses adds to
their charm. I have to admit I’m a bit more partial to De Nada because
they have more thrillers and histories and fewer romance books.

Rich can be reached at rrow-@gmail.com
______________________________________

Link of the Day:

Time lapse of flowers blooming... really pretty. I'm told that each
flower is filmed for two days and photos are collated within 7 minutes
to get this effect.

http://player.vimeo.com:80/video/27920977?title=0&%3bbyline=0&%3bportrait=0href=%3e

or

http://tinyurl.com/8oyp263

from Wanda
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

Yes, I'm Ready
Barbara Mason 1965
Written by Barbara Mason

Male backups: (Are you ready?)
Female backups: [Yes I'm ready]
Male backups: (Are you ready?)
Female backups: [Yes I'm ready]

I don't even know how to love you
Just the way you want me to
But I'm ready [ready] to learn (to learn)
Yes, I'm ready [ready] to learn (to learn)
To fall in love, to fall in love, to fall in love with you

I don't even know how to hold your hand
Just to make you understand
But I'm ready [ready] to learn (to learn)
Yes, I'm ready [ready] to learn (to learn)
To hold your hand, make you understand
To hold your hand right now

I don't even know how to kiss your lips (kiss your lips)
At a moment like this
But I'm going to learn how to do
All the things you want me to
(Are you ready?) Yes, I'm ready
(Are you ready?) Yes, I'm ready
To fall in love, to fall in love, to fall in love right now

(Are you ready?) Yes, I'm ready
(Are you ready?) Yes, I'm ready
(To kiss me?) Yes, I'm ready
(To love me?)
To kiss you, love you, and hug you
Baby, I'm ready
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

_______________________________________

rrow-@gmail.com     Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” are © Copyright
2012 by Richard Rowand. All rights reserved worldwide. Feel free to
forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and all family and
friends.

only.

mailto:rdj-sub-@topica.com

resubscribe from your new address.