Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Mexican Cheese Soup, 10-15-12  RDJ
 Oct 16, 2012 06:38 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15      Number 196
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Mexican Cheese Soup

1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 cup minced onion
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 (10 1/2-ounce) cans condensed chicken broth, undiluted
4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 cup half-and-half
Garnish: fried corn tortilla strips

Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; add bell pepper
and onion, and sautť 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add flour, and
cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Gradually add broth, and cook,
stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat.

Stir in cheese and next 4 ingredients. Simmer, stirring often, 10
minutes. Stir in half-and-half, and simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes or
until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired. Makes about 6 servings.

(nutritional info not available)
_______________________________________

Rich's Note:   Well

Normally, about this time of year we start our fund raising efforts
where we ask for donations to help support Recipe du Jour.

However.

Iím having some problems at work, my ďdayĒ job. We had a management
change and I guess I didnít make a good first impression. Iíve been
demoted from the service desk back to being a cashier. Thereís a bit
more, but itís involved and rather boring and you would only get my side
of the story.

So.

Iíll hold off on the fund raising effort until later in the week or even
next week.

Rich can be reached at ri-@recipedujour.com
_______________________________________

Link of the Day:

Short video about some ducks that are finally introduced to a body of
water.

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/36074/rescued+ducks+experience+water+for+first+time+in+amusing+video/

or
http://tinyurl.com/97vrlly

from Wanda
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

Ain't too proud to beg
The Temptations 1966

Ainít too proud to beg
I know ya wanna leave me,
but I refuse to let you go
If I have to beg and plead for your sympathy,
I donít mind cozí you mean that much to me

Ainít too proud to beg, you know it (sweet darliní)
Please donít leave me girl, donít you go
Ainít to proud to plead, baby, baby
Please donít leave me girl, donít you go

Now I heard a cryiní man, is half a man
With no sense of pride
But if I have to cry to keep ya, I donít mind weepiní
If itíll keep you by my side

Ainít too proud to beg, you know it sweet darliní
Please donít leave me girl, donít you go
Ainít to proud to plead, baby, baby
Please donít leave me girl, donít you go

If I have to sleep on your doorstep all night and day
just to keep you from walkiní away
let your friends laugh, even this I can stand
cause I want to keep you any way I can

Ainít too proud to beg, you know it sweet darliní
Please donít leave me girl, donít you go
Ainít to proud to plead, baby, baby
Please donít leave me girl, donít you go

Now Iíve gotta love so deep in the pit of my heart
And each day it grows more and more
Iím not ashamed to come and plead to you baby
If pleadiní keeps you from walkiní out that door

Ainít too proud to beg, you know it sweet darliní
Please donít leave me girl, donít you go
Ainít to proud to plead, baby, baby
Please donít leave me girl, donít you go

Baby - baby - baby
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

_______________________________________

Recipe du Jourís Good Neighbor Recipes, simply send it via email to
rrow-@gmail.com    Use ďGNRĒ and the title of your recipe as the
in ďbulletedĒ or 2 column format. Be sure to be specific in your
measurements (donít just say ďa small canĒ of something, give the
the future. WARNING: If you donít follow the guidelines above, we wonít
be able to use your recipe!

The portions of this mailing designated as ďRichís NoteĒ and ďSimply
TimĒ are © Copyright 2012 by Richard Rowand and Tim Lee. All rights
to any and all family and friends.

only.

mailto:rdj-sub-@topica.com

resubscribe from your new address.

mailto:rdj-unsu-@topica.com

loan, or give our subscribersí addresses to anyone for any reason. Our
features are intended as entertainment only.

.