Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Spicy Brussels Sprouts, 04-23-12  RDJ
 Apr 23, 2012 20:08 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15      Number 76
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Spicy Brussels Sprouts

1 pound Brussels sprouts
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon sugar

Cut each Brussels sprout in half, and slice into shreds.

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add jalapeño
pepper and garlic; sauté until tender. Add sprouts, and sauté 2 minutes.
Sprinkle with sugar; sauté 1 more minute. Serve immediately. Makes 4
servings.

(nutritional info not available)
_______________________________________

Rich's Note:   They Saw It

While I was stuck in traffic on my way to work last week, hoping to
catch a glimpse of Space Shuttle Discovery, my son Luke and his family
got an earlier start and took a speedier route and got to see it. And
got their picture in the local rag (no disrespect intended).

Well, the publication misidentified Kylie as Olivia and used a shot that
hid Katie (Luke's wife) and Olivia. However, if you click on one of the
links below, you'll see Kylie, Luke, and baby Piper. Oh, and Kylie is
seven not six.

http://centreville.patch.com/articles/space-shuttle-discovery-final-flight-to-dulles-airport#photo-9616557

or
http://tinyurl.com/6wvvhkh

Rich can be reached at ri-@recipedujour.com
_______________________________________

Link of the Day:

Hubi is a unique way to focus on the news that matters to you. It's a
new website that collects news articles and indexes them by type and
publishing location.

Its best feature is a map-based system of browsing news sources. It
looks just like Google Maps, with icons for a story's location.

Another great tool is called "Mapazine," which allows you to store
sources to a customized profile. Essentially, Hubii allows you to build
your own newspaper that you can easily share to your social networks.

http://www.hubii.com

from Wendy
_______________________________________

Simply Tim: "Small UberVictories"

To view today's Simply Tim feature, go to his blog spot:

http://simplytim.wordpress.com/2012/04/23/small-ubervictories/
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

How Do You Do It
Gerry and the Pacemakers 1964
Words and Music by Mitch Murray (who also wrote "I'm Telling You Now"
for
Freddy and the Dreamers; "Ballad Of Bonnie and Clyde" for Georgie Fame
and the
Blue Flames; "Hitchin' A Ride" for Vanity Fare; and "Billy, Don't Be A
Hero" for Bo
Donaldson and the Heywoods)

How do you do what you do to me?
I wish I knew
If I knew how you do it to me
I'd do it to you

How do you do what you do to me?
I'm feeling blue
Wish I knew how you do it to me
But I haven't a clue

You give me a feeling in my heart
Like an arrow passin' through it
'spose that you think you're very smart
But won't you tell me how do you do it?

How do you do what you do to me?
If I only knew
Then perhaps you'd fall for me
Like I fell for you

<instrumental interlude>

You give me a feeling in my heart
Like an arrow passin' through it
'spose that you think you're very smart
But won't you tell me how do you do it?

How do you do what you do to me?
If I only knew
Then perhaps you'd fall for me
Like I fell for you
When I do it to you
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

ri-@recipedujour.com   Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!

to any and all family and friends.

only.

mailto:rdj-sub-@topica.com

resubscribe from your new address.

mailto:rdj-unsu-@topica.com

features are intended as entertainment only.

.