Welcome Guest!
 RECIPE DU JOUR
RDJ-- Cobb Clubs, 10-17-12  RDJ
 Oct 17, 2012 20:24 PDT

_______________________________________
Volume 15       Number 198
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1530-3292

_______________________________________

Cobb Clubs

4 hoagie rolls, split and lightly toasted
1 cup blue cheese dressing
3/4 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
4 (1-ounce) sharp Cheddar cheese slices
1 large avocado, thinly sliced
8 bacon slices, cooked
4 plum tomatoes, sliced
3 cups shredded leaf lettuce
1/4 cup olive oil vinaigrette

Spread cut sides of each hoagie roll with dressing.

Layer bottom halves of rolls evenly with turkey and next 5 ingredients;
drizzle with vinaigrette.

Cover with top halves of rolls. Makes 4 servings.

(nutritional info not available)
_______________________________________

Rich's Note:   Eureka! She Has Found It!

Back in August I made a quick trip down to Virginia Beach to clean out
and transport the last of our stuff that we had in a rented storage
unit. I brought it up here and put in in another rented storage unit
where it was joined by stuff we had been storing at my son’s house.

As most of you know, items get lost or misplaced when one moves. We must
have 3 or 4 9x13 casserole dishes and don’t know where any of them are.
Also missing is our set of pasta bowls, which we used for a lot of
things and not only pasta. But the one thing we’ve missed the most is
our recipe file.

It’s just an index card box that Susan decorated years ago and most of
the paint has worn off. But inside are many of the recipes we’ve relied
on over the years. To be honest, we know a lot of the recipes by heart,
but there’s a comfort factor involved. And some of the recipes are ones
I’ve adjusted over the years. I won’t find the recipe I use for Mexican
White Sauce on any web site (I know because I looked) because over the
years I’ve altered the measurements – not much, but enough. Then there’s
my mother’s chicken piccata recipe and all my bread recipes.

Well, Susan went to the storage unit yesterday to look for her winter
boots and came across the lost and lamented recipe box. Bliss.

Now if only we could find the loose leaf binder with all the rest of my
favorite recipes.

And those pasta bowls.

And the boots she was looking for to begin with.

Rich can be reached at rrow-@gmail.com
______________________________________

Link of the Day:

Blues, Jazz and Rock & Roll ...so quintessentially American.

You can experience the evolution of music year-by-year using this cool
site. It's a website that lets you listen to Billboard Top 100 songs
each year from 1940 to the present.

It's amazing to hear the sometimes gradual, sometimes jarring trends
take hold in pop music. If you sign in using a free Rdio account, you
can listen to the full tracks instead of short clips.

http://radiotimemachine.herokuapp.com/

from Wendy
_______________________________________

Do You Remember?

BUS STOP
The Hollies 1966

Bus stop, wet day, she's there, I say
Please share my umbrella
Bus stop, bus goes, she stays, love grows
Under my umbrella

All that summer we enjoyed it
Wind and rain and shine
That umbrella, we employed it
By August, she was mine

Every morning I would see her waiting at the stop
Sometimes she'd shopped and she would show me what she bought
Other people stared as if we were both quite insane
Someday my name and hers are going to be the same

That's the way the whole thing started
Silly but it's true
Thinkin' of a sweet romance
Beginning in a queue

Came the sun the ice was melting
No more sheltering now
Nice to think that that umbrella
Led me to a vow

Every morning I would see her waiting at the stop
Sometimes she'd shopped and she would show me what she bought
Other people stared as if we were both quite insane
Someday my name and hers are going to be the same

Bus stop, wet day, she's there, I say
Please share my umbrella
Bus stop, bus goes, she stays, love grows
Under my umbrella

All that summer we enjoyed it
Wind and rain and shine
That umbrella, we employed it
By August, she was mine
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

_______________________________________

rrow-@gmail.com     Use “GNR” and the title of your recipe as the
be able to use your recipe!

The portions of this mailing designated as “Rich’s Note” are © Copyright
2012 by Richard Rowand. All rights reserved worldwide. Feel free to
forward this mailing, in its entirety, to any and all family and
friends.

only.

mailto:rdj-sub-@topica.com

resubscribe from your new address.