Welcome Guest!
 Roger's Tennis
Roger's Tennis # 32: Learn Like a Natural Athlete  Roger Haeske
 Jun 29, 2001 08:09 PDT

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C1008B.FD72D520

Roger=92s Central Jersey Tennis Update # 32
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Unlock and Unleash the Tennis Genius inside of you with my Exclusive
Special Reports and the Superbeing Tennis Peak Performance Program:
http://www.SuperbeingTennis.com <http://www.superbeingtennis.com/>=20
=20
Get your racquet strung by the Best Stringer Around, go to
http://BestStringer.com <http://beststringer.com/beststringer/> =20
=20
To read past issues of Roger's Central Jersey Tennis Update go to
http://www.topica.com/lists/rogers_tennis/read=20
=20
Contents:
=20
1. Move your Tennis Game to a Higher Level
2. Ad: Computer Closeout Sale
3. Learn Like a Natural Athlete: A Tennis Myth Debunked
4. Find tennis partners, advertise old tennis racquets
=20
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
This is Roger Haeske, your friendly neighborhood Peak Performance Tennis
Pro and Master Stringer. These updates are provided as a resource to
Tennis Players around the world with topics of interest for Tennis
Players in the Central New Jersey Community as well.
=20
If you enjoyed this update then please forward a copy to your tennis
friends, and be sure to tell them you sent it. Your email address will
not be sold or given to other companies. Your privacy is respected at
all times.=20
=20
To subscribe to these free and valuable updates simply send a blank
email to this address.=20
rogers_tenni-@topica.com
=20
To unsubscribe from these updates simply send a blank email to this
address.
rogers_tennis-@topica.com=20
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Features:
=20
1. Move your Tennis Game to a Higher Level:
=20
Tennis Lesson Sale: Limited Time and Amount Offer
=20
How would you like to learn new tennis skills faster than you ever
thought possible? You can if you take Peak Performance Tennis Lessons
from me. I=92ve spent 15 years researching methods to help me and my
students learn tennis at super fast rates and to help them uncover an
athletic potential they may have never known they could achieve.=20
=20
Here are some of the benefits of taking Peak Performance Private Tennis
Lessons with me:
=20
1. Easily overcome bad habits
2. Learn techniques that will make your tennis strokes more consistent
with less effort
3. Make continuous breakthroughs in your game
4. Unleash your Athletic Potential
5. Learn tennis faster with my Superlearning Techniques
6. Save money by learning new skills faster
=20
=20
The price of private outdoor Peak Performance Tennis Lessons has gone
down. I have 5 one-hour slots open for tennis lessons that I want to
fill as soon as possible. So as a special offer made only to my
newsletter subscribers, I have dropped the price on the 5 pack of tennis
lessons. If you prepay for 5 outdoor tennis lessons the price will only
be $35 per hour instead of $37 per hour. Better yet, if you buy the
lessons by July 7th 2001 I=92ll throw in an extra 1-hour tennis lesson =
for
Free. By getting this Free lesson your rate per hour drops down to
almost $29 per hour. These lessons are done outdoors either in East
Brunswick or South River. Contact me for more details.
rog-@superbeingtennis.com.=20
=20
Here is a link to find out about much lower Summer rates for indoor
tennis lessons at East Brunswick Racquet Club
http://www.superbeingtennis.com/rates.htm=20
=20
2. Ad: Computer Closeout Sale=20
=20
I=92d like to introduce everyone to Marty Galen, owner of Computers on
Demand. I=92ve known Marty for a couple of years now. He is a subscriber
to our Tennis Update and some of you play tennis with him. He has name
brand computers at really low prices. He is very friendly and
knowledgeable about computers and will help you get just the kind of
system you are looking for. Below is a description of his company.
=20
Computer closeout sale, many new and used laptops and desktops at great
prices, all computers in excellent condition call 732 821-5613 for quote
we also buy and trade. Or go to http://www.computersondemand.com/ to see
what he has available.
=20
3. Learn Like a Natural Athlete: A Tennis Myth Debunked
=20
A Tennis Myth Debunked
=A9 2001 Roger Haeske
=20
Tennis Learning Myth:
(I have to learn the right way to play tennis from an instructor. This
therefore means that I am unwilling to experiment for myself for fear of
starting bad stroking habits. This fear of being unable to change bad
habits is another myth I will debunk in a future article.)
=20
I have many students who come to me because they want to learn the right
way to play tennis. There usually tends to be a serious flaw in that
kind of thinking. For one thing there are many correct ways to hit a
tennis ball. When I was growing up the prevailing school of thought was
that you should always turn sideways (closed stance) to hit a forehand.
That was the correct method to hit a tennis ball. So I did this for many
years, without questioning it. I wouldn't even attempt to hit a forehand
unless I had taken the sideways step.=20
=20
Do you know how many forehands I never even got to because I had to take
those extra sideways steps? As it turns out it is not necessary to play
tennis from a closed stance and that many of the best forehands in the
world are open stance forehands. The open stance can give you more power
and it certainly requires less footwork therefore making you faster.
Personally, I use a modified open stance nowadays.=20
=20
The Williams sisters often hit open stance two-handed backhands. They
have tremendous power on their backhands. What if some, "all-knowing,"
tennis pro told them that they shouldn't hit like that? Maybe they would
never have gotten as good as they are now. Many tennis-stroking
innovations and styles come from players trying new things.=20
=20
Think about what it must have been like to be the first tennis
instructor. Someone had to be the first one. That means that person was
totally self-taught. The first tennis instructor never knew the
so-called right way to hit a tennis ball. He had to learn through
experimentation and refinement of technique until he was playing great.
But then he had to impart his experimental and experiential knowledge to
someone else. So all the so-called correct tennis strokes were actually
first created without tennis instruction. The point is that experience
comes before technical knowledge.=20
=20
Mechanics are learned best through trial and error or experimentation.
You must learn to trust your own judgment and not some concept of what
you believe to be true. That concept may end up being incorrect and
actually lead to worse strokes. You also have to adjust your technique
to what is natural for you.=20
=20
My formula for the success of a tennis stroke is very simple. If the
shot feels good to you and you can hit it consistently, with good
placement, then it is a good stroke. This method requires no outside
verification by a tennis pro or anyone else as to whether or not it is a
good way to hit a tennis ball. This is a great way to learn because you
won't have to struggle with unnecessary thinking of mechanics to hit
good shots. Instead you go by feel and results. This is not to say that
you shouldn=92t take tennis lessons or learn about mechanics but it
addresses more your attitude during a tennis lesson and during your
practice sessions. The tennis pro can only guide you to finding your
strokes. You the student have to be an active learner and not just
absorb instructions blindly.=20
=20
There is a big difference between blindly following a tennis
instructor=92s outer verbal and visual commands and actually translating
those instructions to your own inner understanding of how to hit the
shot. I call this translation Inner Language. Any instruction from the
pro whether it is verbal or visual is still an outer instruction. It
will be totally useless to you until you learn to translate it to your
own kinesthetic (or feeling) understanding.=20
=20
I=92ll give you an example from my life. I have a good friend of mine =
who
is a great skier and was a ski instructor. We would go skiing and he
would give me tips on how to improve my skiing. At first his tips did
not work for me. My skiing actually got worse and I got very awkward and
would fall down easily while trying the new technique. I did the
technique exactly how he described it and it didn=92t work.=20
=20
Then I decided to try and shift my mental focus inward and tried to feel
the instruction. All of a sudden the technique worked great. I was now
using my Inner Language and that was a totally different feeling. I was
able to easily integrate the instruction with all the other factors
necessary to ski. In effect I was now using my Inner Mechanics or the
kinesthetic instruction from my subconscious mind. Now my awareness was
complete instead of partial. I had a feeling of flow as opposed to
frustration when I hadn=92t yet realized how to translate the =
instruction
to my Inner Language.
=20
Now as he started giving me more tips I learned to translate them to my
Inner Language quicker and quicker. I believe that this is the major
difference between fast learners in sports and slow learners. The slow
learners are simply using the instructions literally and not translating
them to their Inner Language. Learning how to do this translation is
crucial but easy.
=20
The key is self-reliance as opposed to outer-reliance. You can and
should accept outer instruction but then you must use experimentation,
feeling and awareness to translate that instruction to your own
experience of the instruction. The Inner Language uses a totally
different part of the brain than the Outer Instruction. You must also
have a specific goal of what you want your shot to do. In other words,
pay attention to the results. Don=92t just blindly follow an instruction
if it=92s not working for you. Also too much continuous outer =
instruction
will get in the way of you making the translation to your Inner
Language.
=20
Your outer conscious mind has a miniscule intelligence compared to the
subconscious mind. It=92s like comparing the tip of the Iceberg with =
what
is underneath the surface of the water, in terms of intelligence. When
you follow outer instructions only, you are only using your conscious
mind which is like an absolute idiot compared to the intelligence of
your subconscious mind. Your subconscious is the part of you that
actually hits the shot and makes all the calculations necessary to get
in the correct position and have proper balance, etc. The conscious mind
can only think of one or two things at a time before it becomes totally
confused while the subconscious is processing millions of bits of data
to help you achieve the very complicated act of hitting a tennis ball.
There is no comparison as to which intelligence is the strongest.=20
=20
What I have found is that the people who are natural athletes are the
ones who can translate Outer Instructions to their own Inner Language
the quickest. They trust their feelings. Learning tennis or any sport is
mostly a kinesthetic process. You have to feel the stroke and not
analyze it so much. Analysis often times leads to paralysis. Feeling,
experimentation and awareness of what you are doing will lead to the
best strokes.=20
=20
To see the rest of this article go to
http://www.superbeingtennis.com/tennismyth1.htm=20
=20
=20
4. Find tennis partners, advertise old tennis racquets
=20
Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralNJTennis to sign up for the
Central New Jersey online Tennis Club. We have 35 members so far. You
can post any tennis related message you want to the group. Most of the
people in the group have been trying to find tennis partners via the
group. But you can announce tennis parties or tournaments or advertise
tennis racquets for sale. Use your imagination. It=92s a way to
communicate with local area tennis players. And it=92s on Yahoo so
millions of people have access to this group and its messages.=20
=20
=20
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=20
STRINGING WITH PRIDE: I take a lot of pride in stringing your racquets.
I have two stringing certifications from the United States Racquet
Stringers Association and 17 years stringing experience. If you come to
me, you can have confidence in your racquet being properly strung and
the racquet's performance being maximized. I've strung over 24,000
racquets in my day and have a very large and loyal following in the East
Brunswick area. If you ever have any problem or question with a racquet
I've strung, feel free to contact me and I'll gladly do my best to make
sure you are satisfied. Go to www.bestringer.com/bestringer for more
information.=20
=20
I hope you enjoyed and benefited from this update. Please email me if
you have any suggestions as to how I can make it more useful for you.
I'm here to serve you.
=20
From your friendly neighborhood Peak Performance Tennis Pro and Master
Stringer, Roger Haeske
=20
(732) 432-4839 Roger's Super Tennis: Pro Shop
(732) 375-4935 Pager
(732) 238-8417 Route 18 Sports
(732) 257-7507 New York Sports Club
(732) 247-1700 East Brunswick Racquet Club
mailto:rog-@superbeingtennis.com=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C1008B.FD72D520

xmlns:st1=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" =

<head>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">

<link rel=3DFile-List href=3D"cid:fileli-@01C1008B.FCDCFDC0">
<title>Roger’s Central Jersey Tennis Update # </title>
<o:SmartTagType =
namespaceuri=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
name=3D"City"/>
<o:SmartTagType =
namespaceuri=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
name=3D"State"/>
<o:SmartTagType =
namespaceuri=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
name=3D"place"/>
<o:SmartTagType =
namespaceuri=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
name=3D"date"/>
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
<o:DoNotRelyOnCSS/>
</o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:SpellingState>Clean</w:SpellingState>
<w:GrammarState>Clean</w:GrammarState>
<w:DocumentKind>DocumentEmail</w:DocumentKind>
<w:EnvelopeVis/>
<w:DrawingGridHorizontalSpacing>9.35 =
pt</w:DrawingGridHorizontalSpacing>
=
<w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>2</w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
</w:WordDocument>
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]>
st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
<![endif]-->
<!--
/* Style Definitions */
{mso-style-parent:"";
margin:0in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
h3
{mso-style-next:Normal;
margin-top:12.0pt;
margin-right:0in;
margin-bottom:3.0pt;
margin-left:0in;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
page-break-after:avoid;
mso-outline-level:3;
font-size:13.0pt;
font-family:Arial;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{color:blue;
text-decoration:underline;
text-underline:single;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
{color:purple;
text-decoration:underline;
text-underline:single;}
p.MsoAutoSig, li.MsoAutoSig, div.MsoAutoSig
{margin:0in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
span.EmailStyle15
{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;
mso-ascii-font-family:Arial;
mso-hansi-font-family:Arial;
mso-bidi-font-family:Arial;
color:black;}
p.RHCenteredHeading14, li.RHCenteredHeading14, div.RHCenteredHeading14
{mso-style-name:RHCenteredHeading14;
margin:0in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
text-align:center;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:14.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Arial;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
p.normalAriel12, li.normalAriel12, div.normalAriel12
{mso-style-name:normalAriel12;
mso-style-parent:RHCenteredHeading14;
margin:0in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Arial;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
p.RHHeadingUndrln, li.RHHeadingUndrln, div.RHHeadingUndrln
{mso-style-name:RHHeadingUndrln;
mso-style-parent:"Heading 3";
margin-top:6.0pt;
margin-right:0in;
margin-bottom:6.0pt;
margin-left:0in;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
page-break-after:avoid;
mso-outline-level:3;
font-size:13.0pt;
font-family:Arial;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
font-weight:bold;
text-decoration:underline;
text-underline:single;}
p.RHHeadingUndrln12, li.RHHeadingUndrln12, div.RHHeadingUndrln12
{mso-style-name:RHHeadingUndrln12;
mso-style-parent:RHHeadingUndrln;
margin-top:6.0pt;
margin-right:0in;
margin-bottom:6.0pt;
margin-left:0in;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
page-break-after:avoid;
mso-outline-level:3;
font-size:12.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:13.0pt;
font-family:Arial;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
font-weight:bold;
text-decoration:underline;
text-underline:single;}
p.HeadingRHUndrln12, li.HeadingRHUndrln12, div.HeadingRHUndrln12
{mso-style-name:HeadingRHUndrln12;
mso-style-parent:RHHeadingUndrln;
margin-top:6.0pt;
margin-right:0in;
margin-bottom:6.0pt;
margin-left:0in;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
page-break-after:avoid;
mso-outline-level:3;
font-size:12.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:13.0pt;
font-family:Arial;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
font-weight:bold;
text-decoration:underline;
text-underline:single;}
p.HeadingRH12, li.HeadingRH12, div.HeadingRH12
{mso-style-name:HeadingRH12;
mso-style-parent:RHHeadingUndrln;
margin-top:6.0pt;
margin-right:0in;
margin-bottom:6.0pt;
margin-left:0in;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
page-break-after:avoid;
mso-outline-level:3;
font-size:12.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:13.0pt;
font-family:Arial;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
font-weight:bold;}
span.GramE
{mso-style-name:"";
mso-gram-e:yes;}
@page Section1
{size:8.5in 11.0in;
margin:1.0in 4.5in 1.0in 1.25in;
mso-header-margin:.5in;
mso-footer-margin:.5in;
mso-paper-source:0;}
div.Section1
{page:Section1;}
/* List Definitions */
@list l0
{mso-list-id:1261062966;
mso-list-type:hybrid;
mso-list-template-ids:758032822 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 =
67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715;}
@list l0:level1
{mso-level-tab-stop:.5in;
mso-level-number-position:left;
text-indent:-.25in;}
ol
{margin-bottom:0in;}
ul
{margin-bottom:0in;}
-->
<!--[if gte mso 10]>
/* Style Definitions */=20
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}
<![endif]-->
</head>

style=3D'tab-interval:.5in'>

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>Roger’s Central Jersey Tennis Update # =

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D<o:p></o:p></span></font>=

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>Unlock and Unleash the Tennis Genius inside =
of you
with my Exclusive Special Reports and the Superbeing Tennis Peak =
Performance
Program: <a =
href=3D"http://www.superbeingtennis.com/">http://www.SuperbeingTennis.com=

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>Get your racquet strung by the Best Stringer =
Around,
go to <a =
href=3D"http://beststringer.com/beststringer/">http://BestStringer.com</a=

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>To read past issues of Roger's Central Jersey =
Tennis
Update go to <a =
href=3D"http://www.topica.com/lists/rogers_tennis/read">http://www.topica=
.com/lists/rogers_tennis/read</a>

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>1.

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>2.
Ad: Computer Closeout =

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>3.

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>4.

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D<o:p></o:p></span></font></p=

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>This is Roger Haeske, your friendly =
neighborhood
Peak Performance Tennis Pro and Master Stringer. These updates are =
provided as
a resource to Tennis Players around the world with topics of interest =
for Tennis
Players in the Central New Jersey Community as =

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>If you enjoyed this update then please =
forward a
copy to your tennis friends, and be sure to tell them you sent it. Your =
email
address will not be sold or given to other companies. Your privacy is =
respected

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>To subscribe to these free and valuable =
updates

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'><a =
href=3D"mailto:rogers_tenni-@topica.com">rogers_tennis-subscrib=

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>To unsubscribe from these updates simply send =

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'><a =
href=3D"mailto:rogers_tennis-@topica.com">rogers_tennis-unsubs=
cri-@topica.com</a>

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D<o:p></o:p></span></font></p=

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>1. Move your Tennis Game to a Higher =

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>Tennis Lesson =
size=3D2><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>Sale</span></font></=
st1:place></st1:City><font
size=3D2><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>: =
Limited Time

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>How would you like to learn new tennis skills =
faster
than you ever thought possible? You can if you take Peak Performance =
Tennis
Lessons from me. I’ve spent 15 years researching methods to help =
me and
my students learn tennis at super fast rates and to help them uncover an
athletic potential they may have never known they could achieve. =

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>Here are some of the benefits of taking Peak

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>1. Easily overcome bad =

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>2. Learn techniques that will make your =
tennis

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>3. Make continuous breakthroughs in your =

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>4. Unleash your Athletic =

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>5. Learn tennis faster with my Superlearning

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>6. Save money by learning new skills =

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>The price of private outdoor Peak Performance =
Tennis
Lessons has gone down. I have 5 one-hour slots open for tennis lessons =
that I want
to fill as soon as possible. So as a special offer made only to my =
newsletter
subscribers, I have dropped the price on the 5 pack of tennis lessons. =
If you
prepay for 5 outdoor tennis lessons the price will only be $35 per hour =
instead
of $37 per hour. Better yet, if you buy the lessons by =
Month=3D"7" Day=3D"7" Year=3D"2001"><font size=3D2><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>July 7<sup>th</sup> =
2001</span></font></st1:date><font
size=3D2><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'> =
I’ll
throw in an extra 1-hour tennis lesson for Free. By getting this Free =
lesson
your rate per hour drops down to almost $29 per hour. These lessons are =
done
outdoors either in </span></font><st1:place><font size=3D2><span
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>East =
Brunswick</span></font></st1:place><font
size=3D2><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'> or =
size=3D2><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>South =
River</span></font></st1:place><font
size=3D2><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>. =
Contact me
for more details. <a =
href=3D"mailto:rog-@superbeingtennis.com">rog-@superbeingtennis.com</a>=
.

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>Here is a link to find out about much lower =
class=3DGramE>Summer</span> rates for indoor tennis lessons at =
size=3D2><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>East =
Brunswick</span></font></st1:place><font
size=3D2><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'> =
Racquet Club <a
href=3D"http://www.superbeingtennis.com/rates.htm">http://www.superbeingt=
ennis.com/rates.htm</a>

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>**********************************************=

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>2.
Ad: Computer Closeout =

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>I’d
like to introduce everyone to Marty Galen, owner of Computers on Demand. =
I’ve
known Marty for a couple of years now. He is a subscriber to our Tennis =
Update and
some of you play tennis with him. He has name brand computers at really =
low
prices. He is very friendly and knowledgeable about computers and will =
help you
get just the kind of system you are looking for. Below is a description =
of his

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>Computer
closeout sale, many new and used laptops and desktops at great prices, =
all
computers in excellent condition call 732 821-5613 for quote we also buy =
and
trade. Or go to <a =
href=3D"http://www.computersondemand.com/">http://www.computersondemand.c=
om/</a>
has
available.<o:p></o:p></span></p>

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>**********************************************=

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>3.

size=3D3
face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-weight:normal;mso-bidi-font-weight:
bold'><span style=3D'mso-bidi-font-size:13.0pt'>A Tennis Myth =

size=3D3
face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-weight:normal;mso-bidi-font-weight:
bold'><span style=3D'mso-bidi-font-size:13.0pt'>=A9 2001 Roger =

style=3D'font-weight:normal;mso-bidi-font-weight:bold'><o:p> </o:p><=
/span></p>

size=3D3
face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-weight:normal;mso-bidi-font-weight:
bold'><span style=3D'mso-bidi-font-size:13.0pt'>Tennis Learning =

size=3D3
face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-weight:normal;mso-bidi-font-weight:
bold'><span style=3D'mso-bidi-font-size:13.0pt'>(I have to learn the =
right way to
play tennis from an instructor. This therefore means that I am unwilling =
experiment for myself for fear of starting bad stroking habits. This =
fear of
being unable to change bad habits is another myth I will debunk in a =
future

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>I have many students who come to me because they want =
learn the right way to play tennis. There usually tends to be a serious =
flaw in
that kind of thinking. For one thing there are many correct ways to hit =
tennis ball. When I was growing up the prevailing school of thought was =
that
you should always turn sideways (closed stance) to hit a forehand. That =
was the
correct method to hit a tennis ball. So I did this for many years, =
without
questioning it. I wouldn't even attempt to hit a forehand unless I had =
taken

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Do you know how many forehands I never even got to =
because I
had to take those extra sideways steps? As it turns out it is not =
necessary to
play tennis from a closed stance and that many of the best forehands in =
the
world are open stance forehands. The open stance can give you more power =
and it
certainly requires less footwork therefore making you faster. =
Personally, I use

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>The Williams sisters often hit open stance two-handed
backhands. They have tremendous power on their backhands. What if some,
"all-knowing," tennis pro told them that they shouldn't hit =
like
that? Maybe they would never have gotten as good as they are now. Many
tennis-stroking innovations and styles come from players trying new =

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Think about what it must have been like to be the =
first
tennis instructor. Someone had to be the first one. That means that =
person was
totally self-taught. The first tennis instructor never knew the =
so-called right
way to hit a tennis ball. He had to learn through experimentation and
refinement of technique until he was playing great. But then he had to =
impart
his experimental and experiential knowledge to someone else. So all the
so-called correct tennis strokes were actually first created without =
tennis
instruction. The point is that experience comes before technical =

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Mechanics are learned best through trial and error or
experimentation. You must learn to trust your own judgment and not some =
concept
of what you believe to be true. That concept may end up being incorrect =
and
actually lead to worse strokes. You also have to adjust your technique =
to what

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>My formula for the success of a tennis stroke is very
simple. If the shot feels good to you and you can hit it consistently, =
with
good placement, then it is a good stroke. This method requires no =
outside
verification by a tennis pro or anyone else as to whether or not it is a =
good
way to hit a tennis ball. This is a great way to learn because you won't =
have
to struggle with unnecessary thinking of mechanics to hit good shots. =
Instead
you go by feel and results. This is not to say that you shouldn’t =
take
tennis lessons or learn about mechanics but it addresses more your =
attitude
during a tennis lesson and during your practice sessions. The tennis pro =
can
only guide you to finding your strokes. You the student have to be an =
active
learner and not just absorb instructions blindly. =

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>There is a big difference between blindly following a =
tennis
instructor’s outer verbal and visual commands and actually =
translating
those instructions to your own inner understanding of how to hit the =
shot. I
call this translation Inner Language. Any instruction from the pro =
whether it
is verbal or visual is still an outer instruction. It will be totally =
useless
to you until you learn to translate it to your own kinesthetic (or =
feeling)

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>I’ll give you an example from my life. I have a =
good
friend of mine who is a great skier and was a ski instructor. We would =
go
skiing and he would give me tips on how to improve my skiing. At first =
his tips
did not work for me. My skiing actually got worse and I got very awkward =
and
would fall down easily while trying the new technique. I did the =
technique
exactly how he described it and it didn’t work. =

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Then I decided to try and shift my mental focus =
inward and
tried to feel the instruction. All of a sudden the technique worked =
great. I
was now using my Inner Language and that was a totally different =
feeling. I was
able to easily integrate the instruction with all the other factors =
necessary
to ski. In effect I was now using my Inner Mechanics or the kinesthetic
instruction from my subconscious mind. Now my awareness was complete =
instead of
partial. I had a feeling of flow as opposed to frustration when I =
hadn’t
yet realized how to translate the instruction to my Inner =

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Now as he started giving me more tips I learned to =
translate
them to my Inner Language quicker and quicker. I believe that this is =
the major
difference between fast learners in sports and slow learners. The slow =
learners
are simply using the instructions literally and not translating them to =
their
Inner Language. Learning how to do this translation is crucial but =

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>The key is self-reliance as opposed to =
outer-reliance. You
can and should accept outer instruction but then you must use =
experimentation,
feeling and awareness to translate that instruction to your own =
experience of
the instruction. The Inner Language uses a totally different part of the =
brain
than the Outer Instruction. You must also have a specific goal of what =
you want
your shot to do. In other words, pay attention to the results. =
Don’t just
blindly follow an instruction if it’s not working for you. Also =
too much
continuous outer instruction will get in the way of you making the =
translation

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Your outer conscious mind has a miniscule =
intelligence
compared to the subconscious mind. It’s like comparing the tip of =
[...]

font-family:Arial'>What I have found is that the people who are natural
athletes are the ones who can translate Outer Instructions to their own =
Inner
Language the quickest. They trust their feelings. Learning tennis or any =
sport
is mostly a kinesthetic process. You have to feel the stroke and not =
analyze it
so much. Analysis often times leads to paralysis. Feeling, =
experimentation and
awareness of what you are doing will lead to the best strokes. =

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>To see the rest of this article go to <a
href=3D"http://www.superbeingtennis.com/tennismyth1.htm">http://www.super=
beingtennis.com/tennismyth1.htm</a>

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>4.

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>Go
to <a =
href=3D"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralNJTennis">http://groups.yaho=
o.com/group/CentralNJTennis</a>
to sign up for the </span></font><st1:place>Central New =
Jersey</st1:place>
online Tennis Club. We have 35 members so far. You can post any tennis =
related
message you want to the group. Most of the people in the group have been =
trying
to find tennis partners via the group. But you can announce tennis =
parties or
tournaments or advertise tennis racquets for sale. Use your imagination.
It’s a way to communicate with local area tennis players. And =
it’s
on Yahoo so millions of people have access to this group and its =
messages. <o:p></o:p></p>

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D<o:p></o:p></span></font></p=

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'>STRINGING WITH PRIDE: I take a lot of pride =
[...]
to <a
href=3D"http://www.bestringer.com/bestringer">www.bestringer.com/bestring=
er</a>

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'>I hope you enjoyed and =
benefited
from this update. Please email me if you have any suggestions as to how =
I can
make it more useful for you. I'm here to serve you.</span></font><span
class=3DEmailStyle15><font size=3D2 color=3Dblack face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:

color=3Dblack
face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'><o:p> </o:p></s=

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'>From your friendly =
neighborhood
Peak Performance Tennis Pro and Master Stringer, Roger =

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'><o:p> </o:p></span></fo=
nt></p>

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'>(732) 432-4839 Roger's =
Super

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'>(732) 375-4935 =

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'>(732) 238-8417 Route 18 =

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'>(732) 257-7507 =
size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>New York</span></font></st1:place></st1:State><font
size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'>(732) 247-1700 =
size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>East Brunswick</span></font></st1:place><font =
size=3D2
face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'><a
href=3D"mailto:rog-@superbeingtennis.com">mailto:rog-@superbeingtennis.=

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C1008B.FD72D520--